Cops: Ore. Man Puts Kids in Car Trunk

Reyn

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 08:53 pm
Quote:
Cops: Ore. Man Puts Kids in Car Trunk

Apr 1, 7:59 PM EDT

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- An Oregon man on vacation with his family is accused of putting three of his five children in a car trunk because the vehicle was too small to hold all of them.

Douglas Willy, 40, was arrested Saturday after police received a tip from a person who saw the family at a gas station, authorities said. He was charged with three counts of reckless endangerment.

Willy, his fiancee and their five children were taking a trip but the vehicle did not fit all seven passengers. So, police said, he decided three of the children would ride in the trunk to avoid taking a second vehicle.

Police said the three children had been riding inside for about 20 miles.

The woman took the children home on Saturday. Authorities said Willy was released without bail Sunday.

A telephone message left Sunday at the Willy's home was not immediately returned.

http://cbruen.com/blog/kids_trunk.jpg

Fortunately, they seem none worse for wear.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 754 • Replies: 7
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 09:04 pm
If he had put his wife in there, I think the kids could have been riding up front. Serves him right.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 09:51 pm
I got some thoughtful looks at a rest stop last fall. The Ford Focus has a rear seet that folds down to extend the trunk space right up to the back of the front seats. So, I pulled the child release in the trunk, climbed out to great the morning sun, walked to the front and drove away.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 04:35 am
roger wrote:
I got some thoughtful looks at a rest stop last fall. The Ford Focus has a rear seet that folds down to extend the trunk space right up to the back of the front seats. So, I pulled the child release in the trunk, climbed out to great the morning sun, walked to the front and drove away.

Well, you're a Rat.

That means people would have been surprised even if you didn't do that!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 07:42 am
You mean it was my mere presence that garnered those looks?

Oh, well.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 09:09 am
Back when I was a kid e loved riding on the trunk. How times have changed! Um...maybe that was just me
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 02:32 pm
Kids in trunk....are trunks soundproofed?

That might be even more effective than a stripe of masking tape down the Exact Middle of the back seat.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 02:36 pm
Perhaps car manufacturers should start putting seat belts in the trunk.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Cops: Ore. Man Puts Kids in Car Trunk
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 08:40:40