Couple commits suicide after pet dog dies

Reyn

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 10:40 am
Quote:
Couple commits suicide after pet dog dies

From correspondents in Hyderabad
April 02, 2007 04:17pm

UNABLE to come to terms with the death of their pet dog, a childless couple in southern India hanged themselves.

The bodies of 67-year-old retired soldier C.N. Madanraj and his wife, Tarabai, 63, were found yesterday in their home in a suburb of Hyderabad.

Police said the childless couple had held a burial ceremony for their dog of 13 years, called Puppy, and hosted a feast for friends before hanging themselves in their bedroom.

"The couple described the grief over their pet dog in the suicide note they left on March 29," said police inspector V. Anantaiah.

Quote:
[...]their dog of 13 years, called Puppy [...]

Of course this story is very sad, but this was a couple that were totally devouted to their dog, and the best name that they could come up with is "Puppy"?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 364 • Replies: 5
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 10:42 am
It might be a translation. Or a nickname that stuck. (That's really the last thing that jumps out at me from the story, though.)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 12:25 pm
My first child is named kitten.

She is a 10 year old little black cat.

I became her "mother" when her real mother was hit by a car.

I did everything I could to try to be a real 'cat mom'.
Going as far as to put tape with the sticky side out, on the bottom of my chin so I could "lick her"
Laughing

Shes my baby.

Hang myself when she is dead?
Oh jeeezeee Laughing Laughing for some reason, I cant help but snort when I read this story.I KNOW I shouldnt.. Cool
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 12:27 pm
When I saw that you'd responded I thought it'd be taking umbrage at the idea that there's anything wrong with the name "Puppy." :-) (Isn't that your dog's name? Or is that just Bean's name for the dog, converted to "Buppy..."?)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 12:36 pm
exactly.

Add a strange MMM sound to the begining of the name Buppy and that is Jillians version of Buttercup.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2007 12:43 pm
I used to have a cat named kitten.

We had a feral that became Buddy, after everyone kept saying things like "Hi, Buddy". Sometimes, names just happen.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Couple commits suicide after pet dog dies
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 08:33:51