Enjoying Dracula

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 10:03 am
Im currently reading and enjoying bram Stokers Dracula.

Im thinnking of going for Mary Shelleys Frankenstein next.
Does anybody recomend it?
Or the book that inspired American Psycho film, is it the same name?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 931 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 10:11 am
I find strokers dracula a better read but frankenstein is very good.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 10:16 am
The movie Psycho was based on a book of the same name by author Robert Bloch. Never read it; but I have seen the movie several times, always good for a few laughs (it just doesn't frighten me).
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 10:21 am
"Psycho" and "American Psycho" are two different stories. "American Psycho" is based on a book of the same name by author Bret Easton Ellis.

If you like Dracula books I recommend "The Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova. It was a real page turner!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 10:27 am
boomerang wrote:
"Psycho" and "American Psycho" are two different stories. "American Psycho" is based on a book of the same name by author Bret Easton Ellis.

If you like Dracula books I recommend "The Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova. It was a real page turner!

That explains why I kept asking myself if there was an American Psycho...thanks.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 11:58 am
I haven't read "Dracula," but "Frankenstein" is a great book, and is not a monster story but an important psychological tale relevant today.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2007 02:05 pm
Material Girl--

You might add those to classics to this thread:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=92920
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 09:24 am
A castle where Vlad the Impaler "lived"--under guard--for several months in 1462 and which served for Bram Stoker's inspiration is up for sale.

The asking price for the 57-room estate is $78 million. Both the Romanian government and the local authorities are interested in developing the castle as a tourist attraction, but feel that the asking price is too high.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 03:45 am
Noddy24 wrote:
A castle where Vlad the Impaler "lived"--under guard--for several months in 1462 and which served for Bram Stoker's inspiration is up for sale.

The asking price for the 57-room estate is $78 million. Both the Romanian government and the local authorities are interested in developing the castle as a tourist attraction, but feel that the asking price is too high.

I soooo want to own it.
Il start saving.

While reading through the book I had been comparing it to the '92 film, I had been waiting to see if there was gona be the romantic scene in the bed with Vlad and Mina, finally I gave up.
But then,... there it was, half a page of 'oh my god'!!!!Not romantic at all but quite scary and sick, well worth waiting for!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2007 01:04 pm
Material Girl--

What big eyes you have--and such an interesting love life.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 02:52 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Material Girl--

What big eyes you have--and such an interesting love life.

Im confused, I believe I have average sized eyes and absolutely no love life!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 01:27 pm
Quote:
While reading through the book I had been comparing it to the '92 film, I had been waiting to see if there was gona be the romantic scene in the bed with Vlad and Mina, finally I gave up.
But then,... there it was, half a page of 'oh my god'!!!!Not romantic at all but quite scary and sick, well worth waiting for!

I rest my case. Not all passion is romantic passion.
0 Replies