HOTMAIL/OUTLOOK EXPRESS

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 11:52 pm
Sometime in the distant past it was possible to have Hotmail letters/emails delivered into the Outlook Express Inbox. NOT ANYMORE.
I never (think to) go to the Hotmail Inbox to check if there is anything in the Hotmail Inbox because I only ever use Outlook Express. I cannot understand why Hotmail now prevents people from getting their Hotmail emails delivered into the Outlook Express Inbox.
Because of their silly, petty, childish attitude of Hotmail I have decided not to ever use my Hotmail address anymore, which is a shame, because there are times when I would like to use it. Does anyone else feel the same way about this? It would be rather interesting to find out what other people think/feel about this 'bane' of mine.
Thanks. Vonda.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 676 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 04:43 am
Quote:
Because of their silly, petty, childish attitude of Hotmail I have decided not to ever use my Hotmail address anymore, which is a shame, because there are times when I would like to use it.

Vonda- There is an old expression, "You don't look a gift horse in the mouth". I have both Hotmail and Outlook Express. I paid for Outlook Express, through my purchase of the Windows operating system. Hotmail is a freebee. If I am dissatisfied with my OE, I believe that I have the right to inform the company of my annoyance. I don't think that I have the right to say anything to Hotmail. They have given me a GIFT.

I am very grateful when companies, for whatever reason, offer me something for nothing. You say that their attitude is childish and silly? They have made a business decision, whether you approve of it or not.

You have decided not to use Hotmail anymore? I am sure that the management of Hotmail will not lose any sleep over your decision.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 06:39 pm
I don't know about this, but has Hotmail made pop access a paid service now?

Gmail and Yahoo provide that for free.
0 Replies

USAFHokie80

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2007 07:13 pm
You can use outlook (non-express) to access hotmail. Oh, and yahoo does not provide free pop access. It costs $20/yr just like hotmail.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2007 12:48 am
I was talking about YahooMail, India. It, indeed, offers free pop access.
0 Replies