Great things about being a grown-up

Chai

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 05:59 pm
Man, sometimes it's so great realizing you can do stuff you always wanted to do as a kid, but you weren't "allowed"

Had a good day, came home, exercised and realized I was hungry.

Now, I have all sorts of things like fresh chicken breasts, brocolli, 7 grain pilaf. But that wasn't what I wanted.

In the freezer I found a box with 2 vegetarian corn dogs in it...alright, they're made of soy, but still, they're Corn Dogs....

Polished them off and looked in the freezer again...there, in the back, was a box Mr. Tea must have snuck in, with 2 of those teeny White Castle hamburgers left in it.

Yep, down the hatch....and I'm chasing it with an diet orange soda.

I'm still hungry, and I'm going back to see what else is in there.

AND NO ONE CAN TELL ME I'M NOT ALLOWED!!!

HA HA HA Laughing Cool
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,168 • Replies: 30
No top replies

littlek

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 06:11 pm
Chai, when and why did you drop the 'tea'?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 06:18 pm
I had this epiphany when I was about 17 and away at college. We had a little kitchenette in our dorm and a couple of us went out to buy groceries. Somewhere in the freezer aisle I realized there was no one around to tell me "no" and thus I threw into the cart numerous treats from pizza bagels to frozen candy bars on a stick.

The other cool thing about being a grown-up (and owning my own business) is that I do not need an alarm clock. I go to bed when I'm tired and I get up when I feel like it. OK, sometimes the dogs wake me up and insist I tend to them, but mostly they are happy to sleep when I sleep.

Today I walked barefoot across the road the get the mail - my mother would kill me if she found out.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 06:29 pm
littlek wrote:

HA!

You're not the boss of me!

I don't have to tell!

nyah nyah nyah....make me.

I don't have to make my bed either if I don't feel like it.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 06:42 pm
Nomen turbatio

eh....few months now maybe.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 06:42 pm
Chai wrote:
littlek wrote:

HA!

I don't have to tell!

<giggle>
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 07:21 pm
littlek wrote:
Chai wrote:
littlek wrote:

HA!

I don't have to tell!

<giggle>

don't dare me littlek, I f*ckin' do it!

I won't make my bed, and I'll have TWO cups of coffee for breakfast if I want.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 07:38 pm
Chai wrote:

HA! This from the woman who thinks the best time you can have in Austin is if she allows you to help her clean her bathrooms! Well, I DARE you Chai to NOT make your bed! I just bet you can't NOT do it! So there!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 07:48 pm
Barefoot...

Yup.. Gw said it.

My favorite thing is that I can go barefoot everywhere.
And I do.

I pick up Jillian barefoot, I work barefoot, and sometimes, I can get away with being barefoot at a gas station >giggle

I feel so... naughty...

The other part is that I can pick and choose my friends now as an adult.

In my teens - twenties... my friends were all about what we had in common.
You had to be friends with the other kids who listened to the same music, wore the same clothes, were the same color.. as you.. no matter what.

As an adult, I dont care.
If I like ya, I pick ya
if I dont, I just flick boogers at you when your back is turned. Cool
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 08:03 pm
Re: Great things about being a grown-up
Chai wrote:
I'm still hungry, and I'm going back to see what else is in there.
AND NO ONE CAN TELL ME I'M NOT ALLOWED!!!
HA HA HA Laughing Cool

Yeah but...when you were 16 there was more stuff in the fridge, you didn't have to buy that stuff, and mom was always pushing good food in your face every evening!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 08:14 pm
1) I can go outdoors with wet hair if I want to.
2) I can not wipe off the top of can of tomatoes if I want not to.
3) I don't have to sit at the table until I finish my glass of milk. (Now I just put ice cubes and rum in it..)
4) I don't have to make my bed.
5) I get to sass my superiors, something of a venial sin when I was a kid.
6) I can stay up as late as I want to.

That's enough for now..
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 08:19 pm
Hm. I honestly can't think of anything I had to wait to be an adult to do...other than things that require professional experience
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 09:09 pm
Ya know, I had a pretty lenient mother. But, I do like being able to stay up as late as I want and drive over the speed limit.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 10:57 pm
I don't have to sit up straight if I don't feel like it.

And I can have dessert at lunch, too. Even breakfast ( Shocked ), if I want.

I don't have to dust the top of the refrigerator any more.

And most of all, I don't have to be fifteen friggin' minutes early for everything. I always hated that.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 12:01 am
My wife doesn't have to dust the top of the fridge But that's mostly cause she cant see up there
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 07:09 am
Eva wrote:
And most of all, I don't have to be fifteen friggin' minutes early for everything. I always hated that.

OH!
I lived back in the day where they didn't deliver pizzas, you went and picked them up at a restaurant.

Every other week or so as a Sunday dinner mom would order pizzas from a place about 5 minutes away, they always told you it would be a half an hour.

The instant she would put down the phone my father would start prodding whoever was going to pick them up to get over there.

If you pointed out the logic you'd be waiting there 25 minutes, he'd blow his top.

I don't know about the others, but I'd just drive around for 20 minutes. If I was old enough, I would have sat in the bar and gotten drunk.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 08:25 am
I know what you mean, Chai. I can hear him now. (Or maybe that's my mother's voice.) "You have to be there so you can get it as soon as it's ready. You don't want it to get cold, do you?"

Sheesh.

I'd rather eat cold pizza than get all worked up over it like that.

Nowadays, I am very, Very, VERY rarely early for anything. I usually walk in 5 minutes late. I want things to be underway when I get there. I can't stand waiting for something to begin. I figure I spent at least 2 years of my life sitting around waiting for something to happen. Maybe more.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 08:32 am
funny, sometimes I'll call a restaurant to order a dinner pick up on the way home from work. More often than not, I'm at least 10 minutes later than the time they said it would be ready. I've never gotten food yet that wasn't still hot when I got home.

Actually, doesn't matter if the food is hot or not, it gets left sitting on the counter or in the fridge until we're ready to eat it, sometimes hours later.

sheesh is right.

Tai Chi.....I did NOT make my bed, la la la....
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 09:09 am
When I was a teenager I used to think how cool it would be to be married and have a penis available any time I wanted it. Any time! How cool would that be!!! Just, reach over and touch it any time. Wow!

I also thought that eating cake for breakfast would be the second highlight of adulthood.

Now I know that the same penis also drips on the toilet, and I rarely have a taste for cake no matter what time of day. Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 09:34 am
Shocked

squinney, I am speachless.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Great things about being a grown-up
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 06:57:33