TV/Movie Scenes that Hit Home

Linkat

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 01:46 pm
I can never watch Cold Case again. Last night I saw I scene that so upset me I can not stomach to view that show again. There was a little boy that mom and dad were teaching to ride a two wheeler. Everyone is happy. Then click - next scene - some one is pulling trash and debris aside and there is the dead little boy with his thumb in his mouth. Even now, it makes me want to cry and gives me a sick feeling in my stomach.

My little girl is a thumb sucker and it so hit me I began balling my eyes out. I had to go in and check on my little girl sleeping soundly with her thumb in her mouth. I could only imagine how he sucked his thumb to calm himself while whatever horrendous thing occurred to him. I couldn't watch any more and will never put on this show again. I had difficulty sleeping last night and had nightmares. I used to watch horror movies and all sorts of scary movies and TV. I never had a scene so affect me.

Anything like this ever hit you hard?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 394 • Replies: 10
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 01:54 pm
I watched "CSI: Las Vegas" twice, after Survivor, and I'm not watching it again for that reason. Both dealt with parents dealing with the sudden shocking death of their kids, and it was just too raw. I used to be able to deal with that too -- I mean, it was sad and everything and I felt bad for them, but it didn't get that huge visceral reaction.

One thing that has always stuck with me is a comment one of my clients made about the movie "Titanic." I wasn't a mom yet, she was. We were talking about the movie, and I was full of the love story and she let go of his hand and he sunk down down into the ocean and blah blah blah. She said the saddest part for her was the throwaway scene of some of the people belowdecks, after it had been established that there was no escape. A mom was reading or telling a story to her two small children, as they snuggled in on either side like it was a bedtime story, trying to keep them calm before their inevitable death by drowning. I got that it was tragic, of course, but it wasn't what stuck with me at the time. Now I get shivers whenever I think of it.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 01:59 pm
Whenever I hear on a News program about a tortured pet ( cat or dog ), I just change channels. I don't want to hear or see anything more about this subject.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 02:07 pm
Like you both mention - these sorts of things bother me too - but I can handle it. I feel terrible, but not to the extent that this one scene hit me.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 02:11 pm
I saw a movie when I was 12 that haunted me for years. It was a film about the Nazi era, where there was a torture scene. I became so ill, that two of my girlfriends had to practically carry me home.

A couple of years ago, they played the film on TV. I wanted to see, if as an adult, if I could handle it. I chickened out and did not watch it.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 02:14 pm
Now I know why sensible adults can become helicopter parents.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 03:03 pm
I don't watch those shows at all. Too much grim reality for me. When I watch tv, I want to be entertained, not filled with horror. I have never understood how people consider such things entertainment but there's a huge audience for these types of shows so, somebody's watching. Lots of somebodies.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 03:10 pm
Many years ago I saw a movie called Shop on Main Street--a Czech film. There was a scene in that movie that was so disturbing that I had to leave. Sobbed uncontrollably. I've never watched another movie or tv show about nazis and what happened to the Jews. I never will.

Generally crime shows don't bother me. I can usually watch almost anything--but the news.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 03:30 pm
The Exorcist. Rocked my world. Took several months to get over it.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 03:50 pm
eoe wrote:
The Exorcist. Rocked my world. Took several months to get over it.

Oh, that one. I got very dizzy, and laid down on the carpet in the lobby. Funny thing, I wasn't the only one there on the floor!

I wasn't scared, though. The part that bothered me was in the early part of the movie where a doctor is injecting the girl in the neck!
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 03:52 pm
A few years ago there was an episode of ER with Ray Liotta (I think) playing a man dying of cancer, filmed in continuous "real" time. Stunning performance. I couldn't take my eyes away, but I couldn't sit still to watch it either. It pops up, in m mind, from time to time.

I have never seen the end of "The Green Mile". I start feeling physically ill when it comes time for John Coffey's execution ...

Probably best that I limit my media consumption to Survivor and The Amazing Race.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » TV/Movie Scenes that Hit Home
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 02:19:16