Problem with post addresses

Reyn

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2007 11:52 am
I've noticed that a problem with individual post addresses has cropped up. Usually they have 2 sets of numbers and now only one (for last 2 days).

This is creating an access problem when you want to go directly to the last post from the forum list of topics.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 810 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2007 02:45 pm
Okay, well, the problem seems to have disappeared now. So, never mind then. :wink:
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2007 02:49 pm
and i've noticed that both of your last posts are numbered 8652 !
i suggest we call in the RCMP ; there is someone spying on us Shocked Exclamation
hbg
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2007 02:52 pm
and now i see that my last THREE posts are numbered 8756 !
i suggest we call in both the RCMP and CSIS - must take action now !
hbg
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2007 07:08 pm
That is awesome, hamburger. You probably actually have 25,000 post, and they're just not being counted.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2007 07:24 pm
I bet I really have over 10,000!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 10:11 am
I've noticed that now only some of the post addresses have a problem. Tell me that others have noticed this so I know I'm not going crazy.

This isn't a big problem. Just an anomaly that I've noticed.

It occurs when you try to click on some links leading to the latest post from the list of topics in a forum.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2007 11:35 am
reyn wrore :

Quote:
Tell me that others have noticed this so I know I'm not going crazy.

sorry , reyn , nobody else seems to have noticed this :wink: !
suggest you get help immediately Shocked Laughing
hbg
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 03:43 am
I'm assuming the problem is the same as the one listed here:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=93570

It's an issue of presentation and is not a loss of posts.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 09:42 am
jespah wrote:
I'm assuming the problem is the same as the one listed here:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=93570

It's an issue of presentation and is not a loss of posts.

Yes, the posts are still there, but you have to get at the last post via the page view and not the "last post link".

A Windows message comes up saying that it can't be accessed and the operation has been aborted. It's something that has cropped up within the last 10 days for me. Nothing different at my end.

If one clicks the main topic link (first page) or tries to get to the last post via the page links, no problems. For some reason, the last post link that can be seen on the forum view (General, for example) does not work sometimes. These are new links, too, not old ones, like Roberta mentions.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 09:28 am
I'm still finding this problem is happening.

For example:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2587063#2587063

I've found a good workaround though. I just edit the address to:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2587063, and it takes my to the last page. Then, it's just a matter of scrolling down.

I'm still surprised that no one else has commented on this. I'm positive that this is not a problem on my end. This problem pops up in inconsistent ways, but nothing has changed with my set-up.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 05:20 pm
I am still, in all honesty, trying to figure out your issue, assuming it's different from Roberta's. The two links you provided go to the same page, but at differing parts of it. This is nothing new.

One thing I am wondering about is if you have cleared out your cache.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 06:02 pm
jespah wrote:
One thing I am wondering about is if you have cleared out your cache.

I religiously clear this out at least once a week.

Well, if this isn't a problem for anyone else, I'll not mention it anymore. Seems a bit weird that this just cropped up less than 2 weeks ago though. The first link gives me a Windows message that the address can't be accessed and is aborted.

BUT, this does not happen all the time on trying to go to the last post on the "last post link" that one sees on the forum view.

I guess I'm special. Laughing
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 06:07 pm
Yep.

Seriously, though, transient nonrepeating errors are really hard for us to do much about. Gremlins!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 06:11 pm
Yes, I'm sure. As you said, it's not a matter of the post disappearing, but rather the way the address is presented.

I fear something is going on, but can't put my finger on it. Thanks for replying though. Not be big deal, but maybe keep it in the back of your mind and see if it ever crops up in your travels.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 06:27 pm
Okay, further to my last post, I did just find one thing interesting. The problem only happens when I right click the mouse to open in a separate window or new tab (IE 7). It's fine when I left click.

This is weird because I've had IE 7 since it came out, some time back, and have been right clicking to open in a new tab with no problems.... until about 2 weeks ago.

Huh?

------------------

Edit:
Now I've found that if you click Ok for the Windows message that says address can't be accessed and then Refresh the window, it's fine.

I don't think this is specifically an IE 7 problem, as I'm finding I'm only having this business happening on A2K. Perhaps some settings have changed on A2K and are affecting those that have IE 7?

By the way, this is what the message box looks like:

http://ll53.zorpia.com/lrg/0/2924/18714753.7c8db7.jpg
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 03:42 am
Thing is, though, I have IE 7 and no such problem. Is it possible you're hitting something other than "Open in new tab"? Although I have to say I can't see what it would be that would throw an error even if you did misclick. Hmmm.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 12:29 pm
haha, I agree....hmmm! It's a big mystery, for sure.

And, no, by the way, to the misclicks.

I was really hoping for someone else to come by and say something like, "Yeah, I'm having that problem, too!" Sad

Like I say, the odd part is that I'm only having this situation happen here. I right click on other sites with no bother at all.

Oh well.....
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Problem with post addresses
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 08:33:50