Spyware Removal Tools.

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 06:37 am
For years, I have used a spyware utility to keep my 'puter "clean". I started with the freebees, Ad-Aware, and Spybot Search and Destroy. Last year, I purchased Counterspy, because it had a good writeup.

Well................that program drove me nuts. Everytime that it downloaded new spyware definitions, which was often, I could not do anything else on the computer, until it finished. The downloading was also interminable, which I never could understand, since I have broadband.

I checked some reviews, and found some very positive ones for Webroot Spy Sweeper:

http://anti-spyware-review.toptenreviews.com/

Anyhow, I downloaded Spy Sweeper, and what a pleasure. It downloads updates in the background, and then up pops a box telling me that the program is up to date.

The only thing that I find annoying, is that I scheduled certain times for a spyware sweep, but then usually do it when I feel like it. I will then get an annoying box telling me that I missed doing a sweep. I will see if I can correct that. Maybe I just won't schedule any sweeps.

What Spyware removal program do YOU use? What have been your experiences with other spyware removal programs?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 779 • Replies: 3
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 08:32 am
I use McAfee site advisor and it works great
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 09:02 am
NickFun wrote: