The Marquis of Queensbury and Sniping for Trolls

Noddy24

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 04:40 pm
I don't know for sure--and I admit I could be wrong--but I think that Trolls are classified as vermin. Therefore there is no particular season for hunting trolls, although they seem to be in full plumage now in the spring when sap is rising.

Are there some Troll Slaying Rules that I am unaware of?

Of course I want to stay within the TOS.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,070 • Replies: 28
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 04:45 pm
I want/need/crave the new A2K - seems the TOS will be quite different.

As I told someone by pm a while back, I'm looking forward to taking the gloves off in regard to their behaviour.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 04:49 pm
Noddy, I'm stunned that you wanna off a troll. What did trolls ever do to you?

However, if you're determined, I think you just go out, find one, and bop it over the head with a shovel. Messy, but effective.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 04:57 pm
EhBeth--

By all means, ditch the padded gloves, but keep the latex ones. One never knows which vermin could be carriers for the bubonic plague.

Roberta--

I don't actually want to off a troll with my own lily white (gloved) hands, but I feel I should be prepared physically, psychically and legally to take action.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 05:21 pm
I keep antibacterial gunk right here by the keyboard - and wash my hands with soap and water after each heated engagement.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 05:54 pm
Quote:
I keep antibacterial gunk right here by the keyboard - and wash my hands with soap and water after each heated engagement

Will antibacterial gunk deal with troll fleas?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 06:02 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Roberta--

I don't actually want to off a troll with my own lily white (gloved) hands, but I feel I should be prepared physically, psychically and legally to take action.

There are companies that take care of unwanted "wildlife" invasions. I know of one in south Florida called Pesky Critters. Maybe you could investigate troll control.

BTW, I have every confidence that whatever ehBeth is using to wash the gunk from her hands would work equally well on troll fleas. Nothing to back it up though. Just a hunch.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 06:06 pm
Roberta--

You are a woman of well-founded hunches.

In your opinion, since trolls are vermin farming out their extermination is permissible, even sporting?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 06:15 pm
Permissible? Probably. Sporting? Another matter. I think you need to investigate your local laws re vermin control. And most of those wildlife control companies don't kill what they catch. They just relocate. So you are running the risk of the trolls returning--and being mighty pissed.

I don't mean to pry, but may I ask why trolls are of particular concern to you?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 06:16 pm
Sometimes trolls are just teenagers though..

(Teenagers being their teenage self can seem pretty trollish to someone who's not a teenager anymore, but its still not quite the same thing..)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 07:40 pm
Roberta--

Today a troll got under my skin--and the music playing in the background wasn't Noel Coward. This happens every so often, but today I felt I needed A Plan.

Nimh--

You feel teenage trolls should be off limits until they either repent or mature?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 12:06 am
Noddy, I think we need to clarify our definitions. When I think troll, I think of hill-dwelling mythical creatures from across the sea. Also lawn figures. And those silly creatures in the Travelocity commercials.

I have a feeling we're not talking about the same thing.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 01:03 am
Roberta wrote:
Noddy, I think we need to clarify our definitions. When I think troll, I think of hill-dwelling mythical creatures from across the sea. Also lawn figures. And those silly creatures in the Travelocity commercials.

I have a feeling we're not talking about the same thing.

In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, often in the form of posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, incorrect, inaccurate, absurd, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

also:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=forum+troll
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 01:12 am
Thanks, Deb. Ignorance ain't always bilss. Does this mean that bashing them over the head with shovel is out?

(The second link is ringing some bells.)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 01:24 am
Roberta wrote:
Thanks, Deb. Ignorance ain't always bilss. Does this mean that bashing them over the head with shovel is out?

Well, received wisdom is that any attention at all......up to and including bashing them over the head with sundry weapons......merely gives them the attention they crave.

I tend to keep the latest incarnation of Italgato/Massagato etc (and a couple of other people) on my "ignore" list on Firefox. This means that I can see that they have made a new deposit, but I am blissfully ignorant as to the contents of said deposit.

I find this adds enormously to the quality and peacefulness of my A2k experience. Especially when such folk (and there really is a very small list of such) add posts to a thread I have started.

Normally I feel obliged by manners to respond in some way, but what I cannot read, I cannot respond to, no?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 01:36 am
dlowan wrote:
Roberta wrote:

Normally I feel obliged by manners to respond in some way, but what I cannot read, I cannot respond to, no?

No. Uh, yes. Uh, you're right. Thanks for all the info.

Hey, Noddy. You can scratch everything I said on the first few pages. In the words of the late, lamented Emily Latella, "Never mind."
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 06:52 am
Roberta--

I'm glad that you no longer think I'm a predator of endangered folklore. I have no quarrel with the troll-in-the-wild. 'Tis the troll-on-the-internet who has raised my hackles.

Sorry that I wasn't more clear.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 06:56 am
No apologies necessary, Noddy. Just couldn't figure out what brought on your sudden interest in and antagonism toward mythic folk. I should have known better.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 07:07 am
Actually, I thought you knew and were playing along, Roberta. I liked the exterminator idea. Reminded me of Caddy Shack, although I'd have a difficult time mentally replacing Bill Murray with Noddy. Very Happy
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 07:20 am
There could be no replacement for Bill Murray in that movie, Squinney.

In general, when it comes to stuff relating to computers and anything cyber, just assume I know NOTHING. (Now I sound like Schultz in Hogan's Hereoes.) Let's remember that it took several people to teach me how to post a photo anywhere--and a large number of members here to get my avatar in place. Someone said that it took a village--I have to add that I was the village idiot.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The Marquis of Queensbury and Sniping for Trolls
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 01:37:59