How To Save YouTube Videos

cello

Sun 25 Feb, 2007 09:21 am
I would like to save a video from YouTube and one from Dailymotion to a blank CD, but there are no instructions on how to do it. I know some people have been able to save videos from YouTube.

Could someone please show me how to? Thank you in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,284 • Replies: 10
Topic Closed
No top replies

Piffka

Sun 25 Feb, 2007 09:31 am
I thought that copying video from that site wasn't possible -- ie. this is a bookmark.

I {heart} YouTube.
0 Replies

djjd62

Sun 25 Feb, 2007 09:44 am
i haven't tried this, but you can check this out

Download/Save/Record Youtube Videos
0 Replies

cello

Sun 25 Feb, 2007 09:47 am
I know that it can be done because I read that an Elvis fan had copied tons of videos before Elvis Presley Enterprises removed the illegal and bootleg videos.

The reason I want to save the two videos is that I can't find them anywhere. (No, they are not Elvis videos, although I am a huge fan of his Laughing ).
0 Replies

cello

Sun 25 Feb, 2007 09:53 am
That's great, thanks so much, djjd62. I am going to try it. Smile
0 Replies

Piffka

Sun 25 Feb, 2007 10:03 am
Thanks, djjd. I'm still checking that website out, though I haven't had great luck, so far. At least, I tried to look at a video there and couldn't get it to open, but I use an iMac and things always seem a little different. Still, with a name like the Prince of Darkness, he probably knows what he's doing and I don't.
0 Replies

newsn01

Mon 16 Apr, 2007 04:25 am
that's easy to download,i have tried that many times,in china,there is a software called xunlei,which is used to download something,if u view the video in youturb,just put your mouse over,and click,the software can do that for u, and also some website which can analyze the real address of the video,just try,may this helps
0 Replies

cello

Tue 17 Apr, 2007 09:20 pm
Hi newsn01, welcome to A2K! Very Happy Is the software xunlei available outside of China?
0 Replies

TTH

Tue 17 Apr, 2007 09:50 pm
You might want to read this.

Their TOS.
0 Replies

cello

Tue 17 Apr, 2007 10:05 pm
Thanks, tryingtohelp. Smile Certainly very detailed rules everyone should read.

I personally don't want to download anything illegal (like I said at the beginning of the thread, I am only interested to save 2 videos). But it is interesting to see how YouTube videos can be saved as this is a question millions of viewers must have asked themselves.
0 Replies

TTH

Tue 17 Apr, 2007 10:15 pm
Just wanted you to be aware considering people are actually starting to file lawsuits regarding incidents that are against a website's TOS. That is what I am hearing.

I actually had just made a post prior to yours linking another site and then read their TOS. I deleted my post. I rather be safe than sorry.
Not to imply you are doing anything wrong.
0 Replies