What stupid things have you done lately?

Eva

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 09:24 pm
Hubby and SonofEva were searching high and low for SonofEva's missing thumb drive with his homework on it.

"Have you seen a memory stick lying around?" Hubby asked.

"The only one I've seen is mine," I answered.

"How big is yours?" he asked.

(Holding thumb and forefinger 2-1/2" apart)
"Oh, about this big...."

<riotous laughter>
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2007 12:59 am
i'm leading a workshop in Cambodia.....and we are talking about stories. Stories that grandparents told you, stories of your nation.... simply narratives. so this one guy says... or I hear him say :"tattoos are also stories". And I get so excited. "Yes, they are! They tell great stories in tribal societies, they have many meanings to us Westerners,too, if slightly different. Why, I have a tattoo, too!" - and I proceed to show everybody and explain what it means. In great detail... By now everyone stares at me silently. So I know something's off. I stare silently back...
"Cartoons" says the same guy.
Rather embarassing, showing tattoo on my back to a bunch of shy by nature cambodians. If you know their culture, you'll know that even eye contact is sometimes to be avoided as a show of respect. Body posture is reserved, dressing is humble... you certainly don't bare your back to complete strangers... But what can I say. I got too excited about the what I thought was the topic.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2007 12:31 pm
I cannot keep track of pens.

I can be sitting a writing, put the pen down for a minute and it just disappears. If I'm at work, by the end of the day when I'm putting stuff away, I always find at least 7 or 8 pens all over.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2007 01:25 pm
my brother had bought a new pen today. He came to me and said "try this pen, it's excellent to write with". He put the pen and a piece of paper before me. I picked up the pen and noticed that the tip was retracted. I had to push the top of the pen to extend it, but when I did so no tip extended. Instead electricity shot through my thumb and up my arm, and my brother started laughing wickedly.

A prank pen. Not some stupid thing I did, so it doesn't precicely fit the thread, but it was a cool pen nonetheless. :wink:
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2007 06:53 pm
I would've flown into a rage and rammed the pen into his eye. Then I would have clicked it about a hundred times.

I don't like getting shocked.

Actually, by the time he came back with paper, I probably would have lost the pen.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 08:49 am
dagmaraka wrote:
i'm leading a workshop in Cambodia .

I think someone I know, an American, just died in Cambodia.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 09:32:22