What stupid things have you done lately?

Chai

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 12:38 pm
I just punched myself in the jaw.

I was innocently tugging at a bra strap when KA-POW! my hand slipped and I socked myself.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 999 • Replies: 25
No top replies

George

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 12:43 pm
Whose bra?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 12:43 pm
I thought my dental appt. was an hour later than it actually was. Grr. (An hour earlier would've worked, especially if I'd brought something to read...)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 01:51 pm
Coming home , I pulled up and parked. Reaching around me, I opened the door behind me, ..leaning over.. I unlocked the passenger door, then did a stretchy thing to unlock Beans door.

In the back seat, I have groceries.
Passenger seat, I have a 25 lb bag of cat litter.

Then I have Bean to get too.

So, Figuring out that I can grab the litter hold it on my shoulder,

then loop the grocery bags around my arm

and let Jillian walk up the stairs in front of me I think I have a plan.

So I carefully lock all of my doors so noone can steal anything and head upstairs ..

empty handed and alone..
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 02:00 pm
Nothing. It's hard to screw up perfection.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 02:02 pm
shewolf wins!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 02:05 pm
Please, Chai. I'm working on developing my short term memory loss, so don't remind me.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 02:24 pm
JPB wrote:
shewolf wins!

Definately. Laughing

So what was bean doing? Just looking at you like you're some kind of space cadet?

BTW, I've been on shewolf's stairs, some mountain climber must have built them. Better name for them would be ladder.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 02:43 pm
It wasnt until I got inside, locked the door behind me and put my purse down on the table that I realized she was not with me.
That my groceries were still in the car
and my cat was waiting to use the bathroom.

I just went back downstairs to get her.
A little... ahhhh.............overwhelmed? hahah

.. she WAS happy to .. see me..
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 02:43 pm
Oh yeah

and those stairs..

are breaking. Confused
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 02:55 pm
OK

Stupid thing overhead at the gym....

Oh....I don't do Aerobics anymore! Now I do Cardio!

um........yeah
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 07:24 pm
Stupid things?

Like walking into a shop witht the single purpose of buying cigarettes, paying for them and walking out without them?

Or forgetting to put on my shoes when I go out. I usually notice when I'm in the car, that I'm only in my slippers...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 07:26 pm
wearing 2 shoes from different pairs.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 07:43 pm
The other Saturday, when my daughter had an important soccer game (aren't they all Rolling Eyes), that child of mine was pressuring me into driving faster and faster as we were late.

So we finally reached the soccer field, I flew into the parking lot with
squeaking tires, we run up to the field only to find out that my daughter's
team played someplace else http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/dntknw.gif
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 07:53 pm
Once I unplugged the TV because I needed a socket for the DVD player...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 08:07 pm
I was at a shopping mall last summer and just as I pulled into my parking spot it started to rain. It wasn't just a light rain, but rather a torrential downpour and judging by the darkness and angry look of the clouds I knew the rain would continue uuabated for quite some time.

As I sat in my truck and pondered the situation I noticed a mother and her two small daughters standing inside the mall entrance and eyeing their car, which was near mine about 20 yards from the door. The mother kept looking up at the rain, glancing at her watch, looking up at the rain, etc. The girls were quite animated, tugging on her blouse as if they were in a desperate need to get somewhere fast. They had no umbrellas or anything that would effectively protect them from the rain.

Finally the mother made her decision. She ushered the girls to the door and they bolted at once for their car. I really couldn't understand their desperate rush since they were thoroughly saturated after 10 yards, but I suppose their shoes hadn't quite filled with water yet so they had something to salvage.

They arrived at the car, the mother going to the driver's door, while the girls went to the passenger side and huddled against the driving rain as the mother tried to unlock the car in the quickest possible fashion.

I continued sipping my coffee and watching this little parking lot drama. The mother was obviously having trouble getting the door to open and now any chance to salvage anything was completely gone. They were drowned rats. Their hair was plastered to their clothing and the girls appeared ready to collapse from the sheer weight of the water.

All of a sudden the mother stops, stands back, looks at the car, furiously glances around and the spots her actual car a few cars away. She races toward that car and quickly unlocks the door. Why, at that point, there was still a sense of urgency was beyond me, but when I realized that that woman was at the wrong car I spit a good portion of my coffee on my windshield.

Dry and happy I eased my car out of its parking spot and headed home.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 08:15 pm
I have a small roof leak. ('nother story). I discovered it by hearing a slight noise by my computer. drip, drip, drip, drip.

At first I thought it might be a mouse, but no, wet paper. Oh, wait, look the paper is near the modem... and near the whatchacallit, the massive surge protector panel.

Lickedy split I moved all the important stuff. But where.. well, the living room made sense. Among the moved items were the twenty three or so boxes of 40 pounds or so of books. OK, ok, I got it all into the living room, set up a desk there, set up door-on-sawhorses for the books, rested after a bit and then realized... I have no phone jack in the living room. (d'oh!)
Then moved all the computer stuff to the dining room table, which sat disconsolately in the so called master bedroom, after putting that against a wall. Hours went by.
No big deal, but dumb.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 08:23 pm
I was working on a project in my basement one time and I had the actual construction going on in the furnace room while the diagram and measurements were laid out on the carpet in the main room.

I would go back and forth between the two rooms and do the necessary work and at one point, in the furnace room, when I had to make a few lines on a board, I was unable to find my pencil. I reached behind my ears, checked my pockets, but found nothing. Thinking it must be in the other room I went there. No pencil.

Now I'm getting mad because I knew these were the only two spots I had been in the last two hours and I had been using that damned pencil regularly.

Back and forth I went between the two rooms, overturning paper and boards and patting my pockets down innumerous times.

I was going mad. My blood was boiling. Where the hell did that pencil go?

Finally, in a rare display of outrage, I yelled, "F*CK!" and as I did so the pencil dropped from the corner of my mouth.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 08:29 pm
Smiles...
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 08:30 pm
LOL

I had a similar experience with my phone. I turned every pillow, searched every pocket of every piece of clothing I'd worn the last week, checked the car, the toilet, EVERYWHERE.

Then something started vibrating in my hand, and I look down only to realize that I have the phone in my hand...

How I'd checked the pockets and behind the pillows without noticing it in my hand is beyond me, but there it is...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What stupid things have you done lately?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 09:32:47