Pop-Tarts are Evil

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 08:03 am
I love Strawberry Pop-Tarts. The ones without the frosting on them so it's not too sweet but just sweet enough.

I bought a box the other day.

I ate a big dinner Tuesday night and it was good. Felt a little bloated but not too bad.

I woke up an hour or so later with heartburn. Ughhhhh.....it was bad. Worse heartburn I've had in a long long time.

Then, shortly after, I woke up and promptly threw up. Must have been dinner.

Then last night, I start eating a Pop-Tart before going to bed. That oh so familiar gasoline-on-fire feeling begins creeping up my esophagus mid way through the yummy snack. I toss the Pop-Tart down in distain as I suddenly realize that the night before I too had eaten a Pop-Tart before bed. It wasn't dinner that made me ill...It was the Pop-Tart!

Now how in the hell can I eat sausage, potatoes and onions all sauteed in butter (the real stuff) and not get sick....but eat a lousy Pop-Tart and get the worst heartburn in my life?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 12,404 • Replies: 20
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 08:13 am
Bella wrote:
I toss the Pop-Tart down in distain

First time in recorded history that that sequence of words has appeared.

That's the beauty of language -- so many possibilities.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 08:14 am
Because everything about a pop-tart is processed chemicals. Your body is already overly sensitive because you are pregnant and it's rejecting anything that resembles poison. They do make "healthy" pop tarts if you check your local health food type store. Butter only hurts you if you eat it by the stick.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 08:17 am
But they taste so goooooood...... I can eat chips with no problem. And potato chips are processed death too.

Confused
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 08:19 am
Chips are not as artificial as the pop-tarts, and most chips no longer have partially hydrogenated oil. Try the healthy pop-tarts, they really do taste very similar.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 08:20 am
Green Witch wrote:
Chips are not as artificial as the pop-tarts, and most chips no longer have partially hydrogenated oil. Try the healthy pop-tarts, they really do taste very similar.

Ahhhhh the lovely hydrogenated oil......

I might have to try the healthy ones.

I really wanted a pop tart.

The other thing I really want: Crazy Bread

I ate a WHOLE bag yesterday.... Embarrassed
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 08:23 am
Green Witch is the only person alive who makes pop tarts from tofu.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 08:29 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Green Witch is the only person alive who makes pop tarts from tofu.

No tofu for me -slimy old soy beans. You have me confused with SheWolf. I like my pop tarts without any ingredients from Con-Agra or Monsanto.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 08:29 am
Bella -- what you're learning the hard way is that fairly soon after getting past morning sickness many women suffer with horrid heartburn for the duration of their pregnancy. There's an old wives tale that heartburn during pregnancy means your baby will be born with a full head of hair. Tums are good for you -- they have lots of calcium. Never be without them.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 08:31 am
Green Witch wrote:
No tofu for me -slimy old soy beans.

Who you callin slimy old soy beans?

I outta...
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 08:33 am
Maybe the heartburn is related to how close to bedtime you eat, rather than what you eat? Or at least, maybe there are foods you can eat closer to bedtime instead of poptarts.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 08:36 am
Here you go, bella.

Tums!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 08:37 am
mac11 wrote:
Maybe the heartburn is related to how close to bedtime you eat, rather than what you eat? Or at least, maybe there are foods you can eat closer to bedtime instead of poptarts.

This is the first time I've had it and I pretty much eat every night before bed so I don't wake up at 3am starving.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 08:38 am
Tums!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 08:41 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Green Witch wrote:
No tofu for me -slimy old soy beans.

Who you callin slimy old soy beans?

I outta...

I'm sure you've been called worse.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 08:52 am
Re: Pop-Tarts are Evil
Bella Dea wrote:
... That oh so familiar gasoline-on-fire feeling begins creeping up my esophagus mid way through the yummy snack. ...

You could be a sufferer of acid reflux from time to time. It might be worth mentioning it to your doctor on the next trip.

It's something I know something about from years back and take prescription meds for.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 08:53 am
I was on medication for a while before I got pregnant and quit taking it when I found out I was pregnant because well, the less meds you can take the better.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 09:01 am
You all are way over thinking all of this.

Onions and butter... yum

Poptart... yuck.

OBVIOUSLY it's a boy.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 11:44 am
Tums!
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 02:02 pm
Tums! (the calcium-added ones) Keep a roll handy at all times!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Pop-Tarts are Evil
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/11/2024 at 06:28:28