Anyone here with Verizon DSL?

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 02:18 pm
Is there any way to drop Yahoo from my Verizon DSL and just keep Verizon? I am getting way to many pieces of junk mail in my bulk folder. Today I received over a hundred. Yahoo sells our addresses and I didn't know that at the beginning. I have to check that folder at least once a day because sometimes a piece of mail mistakingly ends up there! Thanks for any help!

http://i5.tinypic.com/35d5j4h.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 705 • Replies: 7
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 04:16 pm
Just quit using Yahoo mail if you wanna - you ain't locked into it.

And believe me, your Yahoo mail load is miniscule - take a look at this:

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/103/y2yb2.jpg

That's just since the last cleanout, which was Friday evening Rolling Eyes

Of the several hundred emails a day that come my way via Yahoo, I read mebbe a dozen, the rest I just bulk delete.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 04:21 pm
Holy crap!
You need your own internet.
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 04:38 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Just quit using Yahoo mail if you wanna - you ain't locked into it.

And believe me, your Yahoo mail load is miniscule - take a look at this:

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/103/y2yb2.jpg

That's just since the last cleanout, which was Friday evening Rolling Eyes

Of the several hundred emails a day that come my way via Yahoo, I read mebbe a dozen, the rest I just bulk delete.

And I thought I had it bad! How do so many e-mails miss your bulk folder and make it to your in folder?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 05:11 pm
Far and away most of 'em in the inbox aren't spam; lotsa alerts, updates, news items, keyword responses, that sorta thing (I use the Yahoo address pretty near everytime I need to enter an email address, and its the default "return mail" address for mosta my email- regardless what client I use to send the original - and all of my usenet posts)- just about all actual spam does go to bulk mail. When I scan through the inbox to sort out the ones I wanna read, I usually sort by subject line - makes it fairly easy to figure out what's there I wanna look at. Bulk mail is all but all spam; little attention needed. The personal folders get sorted and cleaned about the same way the inbo does. Since I was already there, to grab that screenshot for ya, I waded through and cleaned out a couple thousand obvious discards, leaving a few hundred to look at a little more closely later on - and mosta those won't get read either.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 05:16 pm
your inbox looks like mine timber.

and all my other seperate folders. 17 in all.

Im glad to know I am not the only one. Cool
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 05:27 pm
that much e-mail in the inbox would drive me to Drunk

i don't mind filling up subfolders, but the inbox has gotta stay lean n' mean...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 08:28 am
VM, it doesn't matter who you switch to...eventually they all end up like that.

Unless of course you don't ever sign up for anything, or ever put your email any where. Then it will stay clean. I have one account I don't sign up for ANYTHING with and I get maybe 2-3 spam a day. I use it strictly for professional use.

Is it possible someone stole your email address? I don't think Yahoo could distribute it that quickly....you said it just started showing up one day.
0 Replies