Women send flowers to themselves?

Linkat

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 09:56 am
20% of Valentine deliveries are women who send flowers to themselves at work. Usually they fill out a personal note and sign it from a secret admirer. Why the h*ll would you waste a $100 or so to send flowers to yourself?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 6,765 • Replies: 24
No top replies

Chai

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 10:19 am
So others will think someone cares enough to send you flowers.

thinking of it the way you said it...why the hell would anyone waste money sending flowers to someone else?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 10:30 am
I know some other women who threaten their boyfriends/hubbys to send flowers on V-Day at work. What the h*ll is the big deal to send flowers at work? And to expect to get them?

The time to get flowers delivered is when you don't expect them - then they are special.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 10:32 am
A $100 dollars spent on yourself on flowers is silly.

Maybe they do it to make onlookers jealous.
Sometimes gestures dont feel as important if its not done in public.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 10:32 am
I have 365 days of the year when I should show my husband I love him. I shouldn't wait til Valentine's Day.

We don't really "celebrate".
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 10:38 am
Do you think its the other way round fo singletons?
Valentines day is the one day were love could possibly happen, you may receieve an anonymous bunch of flowers or a card.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 10:42 am
Linkat wrote:
I know some other women who threaten their boyfriends/hubbys to send flowers on V-Day at work. What the h*ll is the big deal to send flowers at work? And to expect to get them?

The time to get flowers delivered is when you don't expect them - then they are special.

I think it's the same thing. Some people need others to see someone loves them.

I dunno...they might be insecure and need others to see they are worthy of love.

In the case they threaten someone to send flowers, they might enjoy the drama of "Oh, everyone look at me!!! I got flowers" Those outward things are more important to some than others.

Like the big engagement ring, I personally consider that a huge waste of money that could've gone into a more important thing, like a home. Why do some women want big rings? I think it's so others can look at it and be all impressed.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 10:43 am
When I was single I did receive some flowers on V-D. Not from a secret admirer, but a friend who I always (and still) thought as strictly as a friend. It was a difficult situation.

He told me he wanted to be more than friends, I had to tell him I didn't. We really were never friends or rarely saw each other after.

I would prefer not to get something like that. I would venture in many cases, the secret admirer could be some pencil neck geek that doesn't have the balls to approach you in person.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 10:50 am
Sometimes I buy myself flowers, but generally not on valentine's day and I certainly don't pretend they're from someone else.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 10:52 am
It's a sh!tty day out, so my girlfriend isn't getting anything but a card and we're going out to dinner. I'd rather get her flowers on a non-holiday.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 11:03 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
It's a sh!tty day out, so my girlfriend isn't getting anything but a card and we're going out to dinner. I'd rather get her flowers on a non-holiday.

You romantic pencil-necked geek you!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 11:48 am
littlek wrote:
Sometimes I buy myself flowers, but generally not on valentine's day and I certainly don't pretend they're from someone else.

Do you have them delivered?

I see nothing wrong with buying flowers for yourself - I have - flowers brighten things up, but I don't have a couple dozen long stem roses delivered to me at work with a personal note from a secret admirer.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 01:18 pm
Exactly...buying flowers for the house or your office is not the same as calling for delivery and having them sent to work.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 01:46 pm
A friend of mine used to get incredibly beautiful and outrageously expensive bouquets delivered at work, sent by her husband from one of the best florists in the city.

Yep, those were the days of his big affair, the flower delivery dates coinciding with affair episodes. He finally left his wife for the woman, who was the person who showed their rottweiler at different shows around the country.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 03:28 pm
Yes - I remember once getting a very large bouquet of expensive flowers from a former boyfriend. I dumped him with good reason and he was trying to make up it.

When I was single and dating my now hubby I used to periodically get beautiful flowers delivered, but now it makes more sense to just get some at the store and have them at home.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 04:00 pm
Is it love when flowers arrive and only the beloved sees the delivery?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 04:08 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Is it love when flowers arrive and only the beloved sees the delivery?

Yep! Even more so, IMO. I actually don't care much for cut flowers. I'd much rather get a live plant that I can nurture (or kill, in some cases) and keep for years. Mr B has stopped getting me orchids - they have a very short life expectancy in my house. Potted bulbs in February, however, is my dream come true!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 04:19 pm
WOW! Look what just arrived for me! It was signed "From a Mysterious Stranger"

http://www.chennaishopping.com/images/50-Red-Rosesbig.jpg

How sad, No one else got anything.

http://images.inmagine.com/168nwm/imagesource/is137/is137036.jpg
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 07:56 am
material girl wrote:
A $100 dollars spent on yourself on flowers is silly.

Maybe they do it to make onlookers jealous.
Sometimes gestures dont feel as important if its not done in public.

I agree with you on this one.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 12:38 pm
Chai wrote:
WOW! Look what just arrived for me! It was signed "From a Mysterious Stranger"

Yeah but it was from him...

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/172427/2/istockphoto_172427_geek_series_1.jpg....
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Women send flowers to themselves?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 06/13/2024 at 09:45:17