Explorer 7 Yuck!

Pitter

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 02:25 pm
I was prompted by Windows to download Explorer 7. I did and I hate it. Can I uninstall it and how?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,870 • Replies: 23
No top replies

toogood18

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 02:43 pm
one way is to go to desktop on ur computer or just ask the know it all timberlandko that bastard
0 Replies

toogood18

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 02:45 pm
by the way what is exactly wrong with explorer seven
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 02:52 pm
Thanks will try that. I don´t like the format and it seems to take up more screen space. I see no advantage over the old page. Yes he is isn´t he...
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 03:03 pm
toogood18 wrote:
one way is to go to desktop on ur computer

Nothing at all to do with Desktop or My Computer is relevant to installation/operability of IE7 - or any other browser

Quote:
or just ask the know it all timberlandko that bastard

Juvenile, incivil, afoundational allegations pertaining to timber's parentage and/or valid, substantive, topical working knowledge aside, what one would get were one to ask timber what Pitter has asked would be the following:

Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs. Check "Show Updates" at the top of the dialog box then scroll down to and highlight the version of IE7 installed on your machine, then click "Change/Remove", confirm, and follow any ensuing prompts (should any appear) to revert your system to your previously installed IE6 configuration.

That said, it must be noted that with well over 100 Million installs to date - and growing rapidly - IE7 is the 2nd most prevalent browser currently in use worldwide, after IE6, from which IE7 is drawing by far the greatest proportion of adopters migrating to any browser from any other. Further, perhaps even more importantly, to be noted is that while in perspective relatively few (approaching statistical insignificance) users have been reporting operability problems resulting from migration to IE7, overwhelmingly those problems trace either or both to improper user installation proceedure and/or incompatibilties/conflicts stemming from 3rd-Party (non-Microsoft) software, applications, and/or browser addons/plugins.

See: Microsoft - IE 7 Support/FAQ

See Also: MSDN - IE7 Release Notes
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 03:17 pm
toogood18 wrote:
Always let them haters hate..........

toogood wrote:
one way is to go to desktop on ur computer or just ask the know it all timberlandko that bastard

seems toogood is a hating hater...
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 08:09 pm
Thank you Timber, you know it all.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 08:14 pm
Hmm, I'm not going back to IE6 (too much fuss), and nothing went wrong with installing IE7 - but I do hate it too. Yuck.

I suppose I'll get used to it. I hated IE6 too in the beginning.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 08:26 pm
Well I successfully deleted Explorer 7 but the tool bar isn´t showing up on the restored E6. How can I enable that?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 09:00 pm
First, be sure IE is set to normal default view, not to full screen; toggle this via your keyboard's F11 key. Next, in normal default view, right-click in the upper, shaded area of the browser window (not in the border, but in the upper shaded area) and select or deselect options to your preference.

See: How to improve browsing in Internet Explorer for additional information and tips.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 09:46 pm
I somehow have the inability to understand what is wrong with IE 7.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 10:14 pm
Pretty much what is "wrong" with IE7 is analogous to what is "wrong" with WinXP/Vista relative to Win9x/earlier; the user.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 05:52 am
timberlandko wrote:
Pretty much what is "wrong" with IE7 is analogous to what is "wrong" with WinXP/Vista relative to Win9x/earlier; the user.

And that would be pretty much what is wrong with Microsoft thinking. The cycle of the user having to adapt to Microsoft's ideas (and eventually succeeding), rather than vice versa.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 06:13 am
I'm having a woeful day with Explorer 7. (day 3)
Extra slow, & lots of posts that aren;t getting through ... Awful!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 06:14 am
I had installed IE7 some time ago, and hated it at first........................especially when it screwed up my Firefox.

Anyhow, I removed Firefox, have learned to use IE7, and am happy with it. I think that it is just a matter of becoming familiar with it. When you are used to one system, it is a little difficult to adapt. Have patience!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 08:09 am
msolga wrote:
I'm having a woeful day with Explorer 7. (day 3)
Extra slow, & lots of posts that aren;t getting through ... Awful!

You attribute this to IE7?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 08:10 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I had installed IE7 some time ago, and hated it at first........................especially when it screwed up my Firefox.

Anyhow, I removed Firefox, have learned to use IE7, and am happy with it. I think that it is just a matter of becoming familiar with it. When you are used to one system, it is a little difficult to adapt. Have patience!

Cool The biggest stumbling block to most problems comes down to the user. :wink:
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 11:12 am
Intrepid wrote:
Cool The biggest stumbling block to most problems comes down to the user. :wink:

Like I said..

nimh wrote:
And that would be pretty much what is wrong with Microsoft thinking. The cycle of the user having to adapt to Microsoft's ideas (and eventually succeeding), rather than vice versa.

The IT business must be one of the few outliers where the user/customers is not considered as the person whose wishes should be met, but as the inconvenient stumbleblock who just wont get it.

Well, the IT business and some of the more traditional East-European coffeehouses..
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 05:44 pm
I didn´t like the fact that the icons look like they are desgined to entertain pre-schoolers. I also didn´t like that I had to scroll a sidebar to see all my favorites. I missed the little squars filling at the bottom right as a page is loading. In general it seemed more clicks and scrolling were required. and finally those who have said we´re slow to adapt to a new format may be completely right on. But what I haven´t seen so far is a post on why it´s better, saves time etc. over 6.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 06:19 pm
Pitter- Right click just under the address bar on top. Make sure that "Menu Bar" is checked. Voila!

Quote:
But what I haven´t seen so far is a post on why it´s better, saves time etc. over 6.

Tabbed browsing, tabbed browsing, and oh, tabbed browsing! Very Happy
0 Replies