I Hit on Tracy Chapman Last Night

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 01:25 pm
I was invited to a birthday party for one of the guys who plays at the Wild Side West ( a dyke bar in Bernal Heights) open jams. This guy is a real trip. The party was held at this dive bar in the Tenderloin, we walked in, then I made the rounds alone, this woman caught my eye, she says "Hey are you one of Richie's friends?" I said yeah, so there are four woman there but she only introduced me to three of them, the other was this really cute African-American woman in dreadlocks, it was really dark, I didn't really recognize her, ,I did notice she was really cute (To me, for sure!)so I say to her, after being introdcued to the others, "...and you are?" She said, Ï am Tracy and what's your name?" Then she asked me if I was having a good time" Yeah, well, I just got here but I am sure I will, I am going to get a drink, we'll chat later" When I turned away, I realized it was her, I almost fell on the floor I idolize her, not only that but my voice sounds a lot like her especially when I do her stuff. I wanted to go back to tlak to her but I never got the nerve.

I perform a lot at the Wild Side and there were a lot of people who knew me but I didn't know them, this one really cute guy who knew me introduced himself to me and his girlfriend and I wound up dancing with her for like two hours.

There were a lot of people there who came up to me and told me what a great singer I am, etc. It was rather really shocking as the way the music is set up in the garden at the WSW, a group of anywhere from two to five musicians play at this space upfront and there really is no audience but a lot of people hanging out in the garden are obviously listening. I had no idea I had this fan base going, I am going to have to get serious with my music. I hardly practice anymore and I haven't bothered writing new songs. After what I have been through the last couple years, I know I have enough potential material in my soul to write at least enough songs to do a new CD.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 901 • Replies: 10
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 01:39 pm
I too love Tracy.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 01:45 pm
Nice goin, Roxxxane, sounds like you had a good time.

I'll watch for you at the next party.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 01:49 pm
Hnh. I didn't realize asking someone for their name was hitting on them. Maybe I do know how to flirt after all.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 01:51 pm
What's your name, sugar?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 02:00 pm
How'd you know my name was Sugar?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 02:03 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
What's your name, sugar?

I am subtle, I flirt non-verbally.
0 Replies

Glory

Reply Sat 3 Feb, 2007 02:52 pm
id flirt for cash
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 3 Feb, 2007 02:59 pm
How very 1998 of you-- I accept paypal.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 3 Feb, 2007 03:15 pm
I use the politicians method of flirting.... I promise great things and then don't deliver....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 3 Feb, 2007 03:34 pm
Here's a flirting tip....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/cartoon-singles-bar_6-22-06.jpg
0 Replies