IP check through scrap on orkut

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 01:53 pm
hey ppl..im new here n i dont kno much abt the internet n the IP address etc etc. just kno the li'l basics..
anyway herez the problem, therez this person on orkut sendin really offensive scraps to couple of my friends..they are really disgustin and threatenin... i just wanted to kno whether there is anyway of trackin where this guy is operatin from.. plz let me kno how i can do this...
thanks a lot guys..regds-ANuj.

PS- im from india(state-karnataka, city-bangalore) i already kno that this guy is frm my city but i want to kno the address from where he is sendin this scrap.. really appreciate ur help
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 547 • Replies: 6
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 03:08 pm
Your best course of action would be to report the offender - with as much detail as possible, including time-stamped samples of the offending material - to the website's administrators. User IPs most typically are available only to authorized website staff.
0 Replies

anuj1237

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 06:37 am
ok..can u plz temme how i can go abt reportin this offender...its happend on orkut..so plz give me directions..thank u
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2007 10:41 am
ORKUT Help Center - Look for entries mentioning privacy, abuse, and spam.
0 Replies

anuj1237

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 12:55 pm
i did read but it says tat u have to contact the person personally if hez made personal allegations n abuses n all.. i just wanna kno his address frm where hez operatin..ne way of doin that??
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 01:02 pm
Sure; convince your local District Attorney to file charges and subpoena the information.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 24 Jan, 2007 01:10 pm
If you already know what city he's in, then you may know as much as
they'd be able to tell you. If this guy is as big a jerk as you say, he likely
registered with false information. His IP address is the address of his internet provider.
0 Replies