The recent report of a2k demise

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 08:13 am
So anyhoo, I noticed a2k had a hitch in its get-a-long yesterday so i watched a classic movie on the telly (Amazon women on the moon) then I got out some classic tunes for the audio intertainment (B.B. King coverning "How much is that doggie in the window?"
Not even once did I consider that a2k was anything other than temporarily seizuring and then, the emails started, is A2k dead? Why is A2k dead? Why didn't anyone warn us that A2k was dying?
So I quite reading my emails and put some more tunes on, This time I put on Jimi Hendrix covering the complete library of Karen Carpenter.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,361 • Replies: 23
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 08:46 am
I emailed Letty and she clued me that Timber had clued her, and was thus reassured. At any rate, I knew I would be able to contact most or all of my friends in a pinch. (Even Reyn and Dys)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 08:49 am
Hendrix covered carpenter?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 08:51 am
littlek wrote:
Hendrix covered carpenter?

Ok, I lied. No comment on the B B King "how much is that doggie?"
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 08:54 am
Anybody heard Leonard Cohen's cover of Tiptoe Through the Tulips?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 08:57 am
Bear and I got bored pretty quickly. We drove to the end of the new section of I-540 that is finally open, just to see where it went. Then we went to the mall. Barnes and Noble is a favorite hang out of mine, even if it is just to walk through looking at all the books and not actually reading or buying anything.

Then we ate at California Pizza - I highly recommend the Chipotle Chicken pizza for those that like heat.

We shared a bottle of wine and somewhere in the conversation (around 7:00) Bear actually has the nerve to ask "So, what else do we do with our lives if A2K is down for the count?"

WHAAAT? Don't even say that! Crimeny! We just did everything else there is to do!

Thank goodness it was back up when we got home.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 02:45 pm
squinney wrote:
Bear and I got bored pretty quickly. We drove to the end of the new section of I-540 that is finally open, just to see where it went. Then we went to the mall. Barnes and Noble is a favorite hang out of mine, even if it is just to walk through looking at all the books and not actually reading or buying anything.

Then we ate at California Pizza - I highly recommend the Chipotle Chicken pizza for those that like heat.

We shared a bottle of wine and somewhere in the conversation (around 7:00) Bear actually has the nerve to ask "So, what else do we do with our lives if A2K is down for the count?"

WHAAAT? Don't even say that! Crimeny! We just did everything else there is to do!

Thank goodness it was back up when we got home.

Don't you have puppies to train?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 03:31 pm
People actually sent e-mails asking if A2K was dead? How silly.

I had complete confidence that it would come back as well. I remember Craven shutting the site down once before for some reason, for about a day or a weekend maybe, to upgrade or something. The only little scary thing this time was that we didn't know anything. It was just gone. I checked in a few times for an hour or so, and then I figured it would probably be out for the day. I actually thought it was going to be the new, supercool next generation of A2K when it came back, but no such luck.

I have the utmost confidence that this site will be around for a long time, and that it will only get better and better. I truly appreciate all the hard work that the people who keep this site running do in that endeavor. I don't know who all the core group is entirely, so I won't name names, but you know who you are. I am not worthy! Thanks.

In closing, I would like to ask all of you who love this site to donate money to A2K. Do it for Craven, do it for yourself, but mostly, do it so I don't have to. :wink:
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 04:27 pm
Damn, Kicky should be in the ad business.

Oh, wait...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 06:55 am
Demise
Dem fabulous wonderful ise. . .
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 08:49 am
I can find all sorts of things to do with my time and probably all better uses of it than this. However, I like this.

Jesus I quit smoking, I don't drink to excess, I don't use recreational drugs anymore (a few more years til retirement :wink: ) I'm faithful to my wife ( to the great disapointment of so many), I don't gamble.... give me something will ya? Laughing
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 11:06 am
Tales of A2K's death have been greatly exaggerated.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 11:25 am
I guess I also panicked on saturday. I actually signed up with a different site but so far have not posted anything.

I am embarrassed that, once again, I behaved like a wimp!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 01:07 pm
wandeljw wrote:
I guess I also panicked on saturday. I actually signed up with a different site but so far have not posted anything.

I am embarrassed that, once again, I behaved like a wimp!

As well you should, pansy ass.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 01:20 pm
Strange. Dyslexia never agrees with anyone. Should I feel honored that he made an exception for me? Smile
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 01:23 pm
wandeljw wrote:
Strange. Dyslexia never agrees with anyone. Should I feel honored that he made an exception for me? Smile

So totally untrue, I have agreed with Thomas, O'bill and Edgarblythe. You besmerch my rep.
Vote early
vote often
vote Kucinich.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 01:27 pm
I didn't expect the END to a2k, but some people eMailed me that it was DEAD. timber sent an eMail telling us it was only a temporary glitch.

a2k has its moments of slowness and outages, but feel they are all temporary in nature. I believe that the key players will inform us when it comes to a permanent closure - if that will ever happen.

Most of us saw the demise of Abuzz; it was slow and painful. That ain't gonna happen with a2k.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 01:49 pm
I got the e-mails, but I didn't believe them. After all, A2K has been down for a day or two before. As Kicky said, I was hoping this meant the new version was being unveiled. Ah well.

It was awfully nice to see how concerned everyone was about losing this, though. I hope that will translate into dollars.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 02:02 pm
Eva, the last of the true believers and she has faith. Ya gotta love that girl.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 22 Jan, 2007 02:03 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Eva, the last of the true believers and she has faith. Ya gotta love that girl.

son of Eva is quite the gentleman, she should be very proud.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The recent report of a2k demise
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.33 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 02:24:52