BBB's 2 weeks of worry re terrible auto accident

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 09:37 am
more bad news
I just heard more bad news this morning. The company my son works for had to lay off a number of employees, my son among them. He got a nice raise last week and today he is unemployed. He has some good work connections but most other companies are in the same fix because of the bad weather and the downturn in new house construction. He will get rehired as soon as building gets underway again---but in the meantime.....if 2007 was a fish, I'd throw it back.

BBB Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 09:55 am
oh my god.

does the company KNOW that he is in the hospital right now?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 10:01 am
shewolf
shewolfnm wrote:
oh my god.
does the company KNOW that he is in the hospital right now?

Shewolf, my son, not my grandson, is the one who lost his job today. My grandson is the one recovering from the accident.

Sorry for the confusion.

BBB
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 10:33 am
BBB
My son just called to say he already has a job interview to schedule. He has such a good reputation that when companies learn he is available, they come calling.

BBB
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 12:13 pm
BBB--

May all of this year's bad news be followed quickly by good news.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 07:31 am
Re: BBB's 2 weeks of worry re terrible auto accident
[quote="BumbleBeeBoogie"] Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:37 am Post: 2488684 - BBB's 2 weeks of worry re terrible auto accident: My daughter-in-law's son, Jason, and his cousin, Dave, were terrible injured in an auto accident in North Carolina two weeks ago. He was driving his 1976 classic Monte Carlo when the power steering belt broke and fell out of the car. He lost control and crashed into a concrete bridge abutment. It took 1-1/2 hours for the rescurers to cut them out of the car with "the jaws of life." He was badly injured, but his cousin was hurt worse and his survival is unsure. Multi-Compound leg fractures, boken arms, broken collar bones, broken pelvis, broken ribs, internal injuries---but they are alive. His injuries have been treated, but his cousin is so badly injured they've not been able to do much injury repair; he's still in a coma.

My son and his wife just returned from a week at their bedsides and showed me some photos of the car.

5/13/07: My Mother's Day gift was a visit from my grandson, Jason. He is visiting his mother and my son for a week. He is getting stronger, walking with a cane, and even gaining some weight. We spent about four hours catching up.

More good news. Jason plans to move his wife and two little boys from North Carolina to Albuquerque later this year when he has more fully recovered. I finally will get to hug my two great grandchildren.

Jason's cousin, Dave, is making slow progress and is still in the hospital. Last week, doctors gave him a Trachiotomy to improve his breathing. He will still need a lung transplant when he gets stronger.

BBB
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 02:43 pm
BBB--

Slow recovery is better than no recovery and slow progress is a wonderful Mother's Day present.

Happy Mother's Day.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 02:48 pm
sorry to hear this news bbb... where in north carolina?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 01:19:50