For Phoenix whose.....................

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 08:26 pm
<gustav walks up to Phoenix and gives her a big hug. Her head is buried in his shoulder and the two of them stand quietly for a time. Then, she leaves this brief moment in cyber space and returns to her grieving process>
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 10:04 pm
Phoenix, I'm so sorry to hear of your mother's death. I've been hugely impressed with your ongoing commitment to her care & needs. Where did you get all that patience & determination from? :wink: And now, a little more time to indulge yourself a little? I hope so. You deserve a bit of indulgence, I reckon.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 07:38 am
Guys, thank you again for all that ourpouring of love and concern. I don't know if you have any idea of how much it means to me. A special thanks to Jes, for that lovely poem.

Well.......................I think that I have the Medicare deal under control, although I won't believe it until I see it. According to what I have learned,
social security is one month behind, while Medicare is one month ahead. In other words, the check that my mom got in January, was really for December. She does not get paid for January, since she died during the month.

On the other hand, Medicare is paid for one month in advance, so that she is covered for the month of January.

Don't you learn the most interesting stuff on A2K! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 12:25 am
Phoenix

After you referred to it, I had to go back through this thread & find jespah's poem.

Yes, I see what touched you.

And I liked Letty's poem, too.

This place does have some good moments, doesn't it? Very Happy
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 05:22 am
Glad to do it.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 05:06 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
gustav walks up to Phoenix and gives her a big hug. Her head is buried in his shoulder and the two of them stand quietly for a time. Then, she leaves this brief moment in cyber space and returns to her grieving process

Gus, I knew you had a soft stop. Phoenix32890 I am sorry for your loss. I know we do not know each other, but I still care when someone hurts. Also,
don't change your green. I think it makes you very unique. Again I am sorry.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 05:09 pm
Phoenix, How you holding up, kid?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 05:21 pm
Phoenix, please accept my heartfelt condolences on the passing of your mother.

Wishing you well.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 05:29 pm
Oh Phoenix,

I'm so sorry about your mum. Doesn't seem to matter how old we or our mums are - we miss 'em.

I hope you have happy memories and left not too much unsaid.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 05:32 pm
Roberta wrote:

Oy Boida, I must be made of iron. Between my husband's illness, and the death of my mother, sometimes I don't know which end is up. But I am too much of a shtarker to let this get to me. I'll survive if it kills me! :wink:
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 05:39 pm
Hang in there, Phoenix.

(((HUGS)))
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 08:29 pm
hugz there sweety - sorry i'm so late in checking in
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 10:39 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Roberta wrote:

Oy Boida, I must be made of iron. Between my husband's illness, and the death of my mother, sometimes I don't know which end is up. But I am too much of a shtarker to let this get to me. I'll survive if it kills me! :wink:

If anybody knows which end is up it's you. Knew you were a shtarker. Felt it from 1500 miles away. But being so strong for so long takes a toll. I hope you're able to find some time for yourself. Just quiet time and just you.

Dr. Boida prescribes a lump day for you. (Doing nothing but sitting around like a lump--no havetas, gottas, etc.) I doubt that this is possible. How about a lump hour every now and then?

BTW, the last line of your post made me laugh out loud. I'm gonna use that line. Don't worry. I'll give credit where credit is due.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 10:47 pm
I am going to try. Actually though, I have been hanging around the house all week. When I am really wrecked, I like to go to a store, or a mall, not necessarily to buy anything, but just to wander about anonymously.

There used to be this wonderful flea market, in the old parking lot at Roosevelt Raceway in Westbury. I would go there on a Sunday morning, by myself, often not buying anything, and just wander around. I don't like crowds usually, but there is something about being "lost in a crowd", when I really have nothing to accomplish, that I find very therapeutic.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 10:52 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
there is something about being "lost in a crowd", when I really have nothing to accomplish, that I find very therapeutic.

Whatever works for you.

Me? I'm no shtarker, but I am a supoib lumper.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 10:53 pm
Phoenix, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Hoping that your being a Shtarker (whatever that means, it must be good) will keep you going through this difficult time.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 11:01 pm
Phoenix,
words are all I have, and they are not enough.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 11:21 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I am going to try. Actually though, I have been hanging around the house all week. When I am really wrecked, I like to go to a store, or a mall, not necessarily to buy anything, but just to wander about anonymously.

There used to be this wonderful flea market, in the old parking lot at Roosevelt Raceway in Westbury. I would go there on a Sunday morning, by myself, often not buying anything, and just wander around. I don't like crowds usually, but there is something about being "lost in a crowd", when I really have nothing to accomplish, that I find very therapeutic.
oy vey ismier, so buy something, preferably with glitter (my ex was from Brooklyn and was a princess, she loved glitter) I don't know that she was ever in Florida but she used to whine about wanting to go to Miami.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 01:37:07