We mourn with you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,404 • Replies: 57
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 08:57 am
That was beautiful. Thanks for caring, Letty.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 09:03 am
I am so sorry to hear of your loss, Phoenix. Please accept my condolences. Keep your chin up!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 09:06 am
So Phoenix, isn't it about time you went for the blue hair?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 09:33 am
dyslexia wrote:
So Phoenix, isn't it about time you went for the blue hair?

Frank- Thanks- After being on the phone most of the morning with Social Security and Medicare, each referring me to the other, I feel like banging my head on the wall.

dys- Blue hair, my Aunt Tallulah! I have two words for you, and they ain't "Happy Birthday"! Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 09:35 am
Oh god. I am so sorry Phoenix.
Of course, there is nothing I can do to make you feel better, or make things better for you.

I guess I can just hope that everything is peaceful between you two so that you dont live in the torment of " i wish i would have"

I can hope that you were close to her when she died, and that all that is left to do is miss your mother.. and nothing more.

( big hug )
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 09:35 am
Phoenix, it has been such a long time. Now I hope this means you will take more time for yourself, although after so many years seeing your mother decline and doing all you could for her, it might be a little difficult to adjust to not having to be a caretaker every day.

My thoughts are with you.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ PHOENIX }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 09:38 am
Thinking of you right now.

((((HUGS))))
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 09:38 am
BTW, Letty, your poem was lovely and very thoughtful--as are you.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 09:43 am
Phoenix
Phoenix, giving up the suffering and struggling is usually a relief to the dying. For you, gradually the memories of the end time will be overtaken by the memories of the good times.

BBB
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 09:51 am
Phoenix, I am so so so sorry for yr loss...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 09:51 am
I'm so very sorry, Phoenix.

Now that you don't have to take care of her, I hope you'll take good care of yourself. Especially for the next few weeks.

(((HUGS)))
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 12:07 pm
Phoenix and Diane. Thank you for your comments about the poem. I know that it makes things a little easier with a wonderful support group.

Our Reyn is right in the middle of a terrible snow storm as are many sections of the U.S., so he was unable to respond.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 12:25 pm
A little easier? You guys have been a boon to me. Whenever I think that I am hitting the wall, I go to my computer. Just having the connection to you all has been wonderful for me.

Thanks again to everyone for their kind thoughts!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 12:28 pm
Phoenix--

Please accept my sympathy for your mother's timely death.

(Would that she had taken her paperwork into the grave with her--but you can organize both Social Security and Medicare--and the Nursing Home as well).

Letty--

That was a beautiful poem.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 12:31 pm
Noddy- You are a blooming riot. I can always count on you for a good laugh. Thanks. I needed that! Very Happy
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 12:42 pm
Phoenix - Sending you love and patience. Your strength is admirable.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 01:09 pm
Dear Phoenix:

I'm so sorry for your loss. My mom died in 1994 and even today thirteen years later I'll think of a funny little story to tell her before I remember she's not there anymore. I'm one of nine (four sisters and four brothers) and there's not a bad one in the bunch. She was a model of courage, caring and wisdom. If you believe in an afterlife as I do It's nice to think you may see her again. I wish you well.

Bob
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 02:37 pm
Sorry to hear the news Phoenix...though I gather there might be elements of release and ok ness through the sadness?

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Phoenix)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 03:12 pm
Thanks again, everyone, for your support.

Now, you want to hear something really wild. I am sitting around and waiting for Social Security to call back with an answer to something that I need to know. I get the mail. In the mail there is a letter from my pension plan that data from the plan was stolen off a laptop, and the company is sending me a year's free somethingorother service from the three credit reporting agencies. They also suggested that I put a fraud alert on my credit report.

Fortunately, I got a credit report online, and all seems to be ok.

dys- My hair is not going to turn blue...........................I'm turning blue! Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » For Phoenix whose.....................
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 12:57:03