Authoress

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 04:28 am
I am trying to find the name of an authoress who wrote a book in 1982 named THE PRESIDENT's MEN. I have tried various reference media but cannot find anything. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 679 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 13 Jan, 2007 01:54 pm
Which president was the topic of the book? If Richard Nixon, there are several book titles with the phrase The President's Men included.

If another president, let us know so we can narrow down the search. If you can provide a little bit about the book, that would help too.
0 Replies

upandrunning

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 04:12 am
Good Morning Butrflynet, I should, perhaps, mentioned that this is a quiz question and I have submitted it as given. Beginning to wonder whether it may be a woman writing as a man! Thanks for your interest.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 04:36 am
What's the nature of the quiz, or what class is it for? Can you relay the question exactly as written? If it is for a class, which presidency have you been studying lately? That will give some clues to go on.
0 Replies

upandrunning

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 04:44 am
Hi Butrflynet, This is a general knowledge quiz. and the clue is as I had written earlier, which is: -

WHICH FEMALE AUTHOR WROTE THE 1982 NOVEL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 05:41 am
No luck finding anything. It must be an extremely obscure book or there is an error in the question.

I checked Amazon and my local county library's online catalog. Not going to spend anymore time on it, sorry.

Here's what I found in case anything looks possible:

by Anderson, Patrick,
The Presidents' men : White House assistants of Franklin D. Roosevelt, Harry S. Truman, Dwight D Eisenhower Published 1969

A portrait of All the President's men (Unknown Binding) published 1976
by Jack Hirshberg

One of the Presidents' Men: Twenty Years with Eisenhower & Nixon (ISBN:1574880322) (Hardcover)
by Maurice H. Stans (Author) published 1995

ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN by Carl; Woodward, Bob Berstein (Hardcover - 1974)

The President's Daughter by Jack Higgins (Paperback - Jan 7, 2003)

The President's Daughter: A Novel by Mariah Stewart (Mass Market Paperback - Jul 30, 2002)

The President's Lady: A Novel about Rachel and Andrew Jackson by Irving Stone (Paperback - Sep 1, 1996)

The President's Daughter by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley (Paperback - Jul 11, 2006)

The Presidents' Wives: Reassessing the Office of First Lady by Robert P. Watson (Paperback - Sep 2000)
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 05:48 am
Re: Authoress
upandrunning wrote:
I am trying to find the name of an authoress who wrote a book in 1982 named THE PRESIDENT's MEN. I have tried various reference media but cannot find anything. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Would you be willing to accept The President's Child by Fay Weldon? It was written in 1982 and is as close to your title as I could get.
0 Replies

upandrunning

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 06:22 am
Thank you Butrflynet for your time, I was just about to post to you that I was thinking of going for Fay Weldon's The President's Child, published 1982, hoping that the Quiz setter had made a mistake, when Sturgis replied. So, I think I will stick with that.
Many thanks to you both for helping.
0 Replies

upandrunning

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 06:24 am
Many thanks Sturgis. I will be going with Fay Weldon as I am pretty sure there is an error in the question, as I have been looking for a few days now and enough is enough.
0 Replies