Are Any Of You Surprised To Still Be Alive?

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 02:30 pm
Aw, Frank, I love your old avatar.

I was supposed to be dead by 1994- See what you would have missed if those doctors knew what they were talking about! Laughing
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 02:33 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
On top of that, I'm looking for just the right avatar that will be offensive enough to almost but not quite get me banned.

oh...my...God Shocked
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 02:48 pm
I'm kind of with those whose loss of family makes them not expect to live long......my sister died at 10, and my mum at 47.

Then again, my father who was a miserable bastard, lived to 87.

I have certainly been in some sticky situations from time to time, too.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 03:44 pm
dlowan, did you just 'find' yourself in these situations or did you create them? Or are all situations, sticky or otherwise, all of our own creation?
0 Replies

Vinny Z

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 03:58 pm
Hey, eoe, I'm not dlowan of course, but my opinion is that when we are young we tend to create, but as we get older, assuming we live through the stuff we create, then we find. As a for instance, I sometimes drove like an idiot as a kid and that was creating. Then I got older and rode in the suicide seat while my kid was leaning to drive and that was finding.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 04:37 pm
Suicide seat Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 05:06 pm
Surprised? Hell, amazed would be closer to it - astounded perhaps better yet. I've somehow made it through more "OH, SH*T[/size] Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation " moments than anyone oughtta have a right to.
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 05:32 pm
There was an old Mutt and Jeff comic I always liked. The joke is probably even older.

Mutt is reading the obituary of a person who was born, lived, and died in the same town. Jeff says, "Boy, I wish I knew where I was going to die."

"Why?" responded Mutt.

"I'd never go near the darn place."

I am a naturally cautious person myself, and 54. And the gene pool looks pretty good. A few scrapes along the way, auto accidents, confrontations with insane people, storms at sea, and the like, but no miraculous escapes. Tomorrow, however, is another day and anything can happen.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 05:39 pm
I should be dead several times over, plus, my parents died young. Yet, amazingly, here I am, 64 and in pretty good shape. I am virtually immortal, I guess.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 05:45 pm
With all the crazy **** I did in the past, yeah, I'm surprised I'm still here.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 05:46 pm
One time in a hot tub....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 06:00 pm
Shocked
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 06:05 pm
I never thought I'd make it this far. Not because I lived a particularly dangerous life, but because I couldn't predict my future - I had no interest in it. I still don't. But, I realize that I may just live into old age and that I should start providing for future old self.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 06:05 pm
Yeah, I didn't expect to live this long. This year actually was a big turning point for me: it dawned on me, ****, I may just live a good while yet.

All my time now is gravy as far as I am concerned.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 08:48:31