Are Any Of You Surprised To Still Be Alive?

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 09:45 am
outside of an illness....I know people are always saying "Man I can't believe I made it this far", I among them, but seriously how many of you carried on so much when you were younger that you TRULY are surprised to still be here?

I personally am amazed to still be here, as are people who knew me back in the day.... how about you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,294 • Replies: 33
No top replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 09:53 am
Bear
My father died when I was seven months old and my mother died three months later. As a result, I always thought I would die young and am amazed that I've reached 77.

BBB
0 Replies

Vinny Z

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 09:54 am
Hey, Bi-Polar Bear, maybe I ought to be surprised, but I'm not, by which I mean I just always assume I'm going to make it through ****. People are also always saying "what the hell was I thinking?" and I am one of them.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 10:02 am
Re: Bear
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
My father died when I was seven months old and my mother died three months later. As a result, I always thought I would die young and am amazed that I've reached 77.

BBB

I intend to still be playing guitar and singing, riding my bike, going to the gym and laying the pipe at 77.

O'course man proposes God disposes Very Happy
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 10:03 am
I'm not surprised. I've always intended to live forever and I'm happy to say so far, so good!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 10:21 am
Yeah, I didn't expect to make it past 30, and it's already 62
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 10:34 am
I was pretty sure I wouldn't make it to 30.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 11:16 am
I always thought I'd live long but am terrified my husband won't. His father and grandfather both died before they were 35.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 11:24 am
although I am 14 years older than squinney she is a smoker and I'm terrified I will outlive her. That would really suck.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 11:35 am
Get her some Skoal. It will satisfy her nicotine cravings and make her want to puke at the same time.

I thought I was dead several times in my life, and never once did it involve a gun or hunting.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 11:44 am
No, I'm not surprised because of things I've done to myself personally, overindulged in booze or drugs or screwing around, so much as dangerous situations I've found myself in that could have resulted in catastrophe, I believe, if I didn't pray as hard as I did and promise God to never put myself in that place again.

Well...I have screwed some 'questionable' men in my day... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 11:48 am
I gave up making promises to god in exchange for favors or assistance a long time ago...I find I usually fail to live up to my end of the bargain.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 12:20 pm
Not me! Very Happy
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 12:24 pm
tell me more about these questionable men youve screwed.... please don't leave ot a single detail
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 01:09 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I gave up making promises to god in exchange for favors or assistance a long time ago...I find I usually fail to live up to my end of the bargain.

Me too. I figure, if he's that pissed at me, he'd gonna take me no matter what I say. Laughing
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 01:16 pm
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 02:15 pm
eoe wrote:

If there was ever a heterosexual Bear that was the number one candidate for AIDS.... it was me. If God brought us AIDS to make guys stop indiscriminately f*cking..... well it worked on me. That and falling in love for the last time with squinney.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 02:22 pm
Sweet ol' Pooh.

But isn't it time to take down that Christmas tree?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 02:26 pm
eoe wrote:
Sweet ol' Pooh.

But isn't it time to take down that Christmas tree?

My desktop is not working and I don't want to load my laptop down with pictures, photobucket etc. Besides, I'm so full of love, I find it difficult to take down the tree. You know me.

On top of that, I'm looking for just the right avatar that will be offensive enough to almost but not quite get me banned.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 02:29 pm
Between my big mouth...and the cancer...I expected to shed this mortal coil long ago.

But I am still here!

So take that.

I'm 70...and loving it...except for the shoulder.

New, updated avatar coming within days.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Are Any Of You Surprised To Still Be Alive?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 02:41:20