Create a community for folk culture. Give me suggestions!!!

folksea

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 07:48 am
I want to set up a community for folk culture. Anyone can communicate with each other. I am develop a new version, but I am not sure how to build it better?

Can you give me sugguestions for the website?
How should I publish the content?
How should I promote my website?
How should I manage the website?

Welcome to Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 367 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 02:14 pm
Just checking to see if you'll return to read responses, before putting any effort into writing answers to your questions.

Is that a thinly disguised ad for a website or a genuine interest in the answers to your questions?
0 Replies

folksea

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 08:09 pm
I just want to create a nonprofit website.
If the link is forbidden, remove it completely, please.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 9 Jan, 2007 09:11 pm
folksea wrote:
I just want to create a nonprofit website.
If the link is forbidden, remove it completely, please.

Terrific! Okay, now let's narrow down the possibilities.

What country are we speaking of? Include or exclude other country folk lore?

What time period?

Do you want cultural tourism or authentic history?

Do you want to write and post the accounts of folk lore yourself or do you want visitors to contribute to the content of your website?

Have you spent any time looking at what is already out there? If so, describe what aspects of those websites you'd like to include on yours and which you want to avoid. If not, please do so.

Give an idea of what percentage of the website content you want to be historical text, folk lore and wisdom, images, audio files, etc.

Will this be hosted on a free or paid site?

Will you use your own experience/software for website creation or do you need a host with website building templates?

Do you want forums, blogs, etc?

Answering those questions will give me a good starting place to suggest things to you.
0 Replies

folksea

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2007 09:44 pm
Thank you for your reply. It is important for my website.

I want to create a website months ago. At that time, it is only my hotheaded thinking. I deemed any one should love the folk art puerilely. I awaked later. Now I am ready to set up a new version website step by step, and I don't think it must be popular.
I am Chinese, and I want to publish my opinion to folk lore at first. Then I wish that any one can upload their knowledge about any country. I will try my best to maintain it as a free site for each one.
Certainly, if the more fee is required for the big customer group in the future, I might publish AD or else. Because the website is only my avocation, I just regard it as my personal website to publish my blog at least. I am a programmer. So I want to try my software idea on it, too.

In fact, I have not a clear blueprint at present. But I don't regard it as a joke.
0 Replies