Smackdown: Meatloaf

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 07:43 pm
I like them both.

In fact, I think I'll have a meatloaf sandwich and listen to "Bat Out of Hell" right now.

Which do you like better?

Defend your position.

Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,057 • Replies: 29
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 08:07 pm
I think of meatloaf kinda like I did Menudo...

they belong in a bowl, no where else..
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 08:18 pm
Ohhhh shewolf.

You're going to get me in here all defending Meatloaf's beautiful voice when you compare him with those Menudo fakers.

Say what you will, that man can sing like an angel.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 08:23 pm
"That Man", as you put it, is a female Janis Joplin Smile
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 08:41 pm
Damn straight, Mame.

I was cleaning the kitchen tonight when "Paradise By The Dashboard Light" came on - and that isn't even one of my favorites. When it got to that part where he sings...

<pleading> Let me sleep on it, baby, baby. Let me sleep on it.

And then it goes back and forth until he

<growls> I'LL GIVE YOU AN ANSWER IN THE MORNING!

And I was just blown away by the emotion he conveys with his voice.

I can understand how people might not like his style of music but nobody can argue with that voice.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 09:30 pm
^I do like that song though... ^
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 10:17 pm
Meatloaf is the spam of the beef world...I refuse to eat either.

Meatloaf the singer...not a big fan, but he does his thing {opera-rock} well.

But he was in Fight Club, and that alone makes him all cool in my book.

..his name was Robert Paulsen.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 10:22 pm
Ask me to choose between meat loaf and Meat Loaf?

"I would do anything for love

(but I won't do that)..."
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 10:42 pm
Guess who gave Meat his big break?

It might surprise you even coming from me.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 08:09 am
Meatloaf is delicious when made right. I like mine made with half ground beef and half italian sausage with lots of mustard mixed in. Sometimes I make it just for the leftovers which are even better than the main event.

I know you're going to say Ted, cjsha, because I know they worked together and because you know your Ted trivia. But he actually started on Broadway.

blacksmithin', you took the words right out of my mouth (it must have been while you were kissing me).
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 08:20 am
What's the matter, Boomer? You've eaten Meatloaf before.

(Rocky Horror was my intro to Meatloaf)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 08:24 am
squinney, hot-patootie, I might have expected such a comment from your worser half but from you! I'm shocked.

This thread is about both meatloaf and Meat Loaf.

Perhaps I should have invited everyone to share their favorite meatloaf recipe....

Better late than never!

-------------------------------------------------------

Addendum to original post:

Please feel free to share your favorite meatloaf recipe with the rest of us!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 08:33 am
My favorite Meat Loaf recipe is Paul Prudhomme's cajun meat loaf. It's widely available on the web.

Ted chose Meatloaf to replace Derek St. Holmes on the Free for All album. That was Meat's big break into the world of rock & roll.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 02:59 pm
Embarrassed

Not a Rocky Horror fan, Boomer?

That's what they say to Magenta when they sit down to dinner in the movie - serving Meat Loaf as meatloaf.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 03:08 pm
This is not the meatloaf I usually make, as it is fairly complex with the gravy and all, but it is really really really good. The meatloaf I usually make is from at least 15% ground beef and various interested things in the refrigerator or among my spices.

72 Market Street - meatloaf and gravy (served by the restaurant with to die for mashed potatoes and wonderful spinach)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 05:33 pm
Oh gosh. I'm so slow, squinney. I do like that movie but it has been years since I've seen it. I need to see that again.

That looks like a very good meatloaf recipe, osso. I might have to try that one. Yum. I usually serve meatloaf with red sauce but that gravy looks delicious.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 05:45 pm
It's hard to say because I like meatloaf, but I like Meatloaf as well.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:03 pm
So, Montana. Wanna come over for some meatloaf and Meat Loaf?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:27 pm
Boomer, that restaurant is out of business now, sadly. It was quite the different place.

Tangenting as usual - once upon a time in the seventies I lived in a flophouse that had been renovated by some interesting folks into a "art studio" complex. The Kipper Kids, for example, performed at the place downstairs. Anyway, it was quite the iffy neighborhood at the time, right at the intersection of Windward Avenue and the Pacific Ocean, in Venice. Bottles breaking with lots of obscenities in the alley behind my studio in the wee hours. (I moved not so long after to another iffy building).

So... sometime later the neighborhood partly, er, improved, and partly not, at least for a while. A movie production company started up in the block behind us. And that main guy, Tony Bill, and some others, Dudley Moore and Robert Graham, the sculptor, started 72 Market St. It had nifty architecture (I knew nothing much about that at the time but was impressed) and an airy slightly-pretty-while-sleek room, big comfortable boothes, and a grand piano, presumably for Dudley. The food was fantastic. I took the people in my firm there the week I passed my boards. Well, than f/ked up my wallet.

I could never order anything but the meatloaf, the whole plate of that w/the gravy, the totallydivine spinach, and the mashed potatoes from paradise were impossible for me to not have. I didn't eat there all that often, but I never resumed working after any lunch there. Business lunches, most of them. People wandered out the door after a lunch like that... and there was the beach and ocean to contemplate.

On looking up Meat Loaf, it looks like they started up just after I stopped paying attention to rock and roll and its followups - tuning the radio to KCRW and some of the eclectic music shows. (The Eagles probably turned me toward classical music and world music yadda yadda.)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 09:09 pm
2PacksAday wrote:

But he was in Fight Club, and that alone makes him all cool in my book.

Oh man, I never realized that until you just said it.

The guy with the breasts, right?

I like both Meatloaf and meatloaf.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Smackdown: Meatloaf
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 08:20:55