Boston The Band

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 07:30 am
I have never in my life walked out on a show, but my youngest cub and I left Alltel Pavillion last night 45 minutes into the Boston concert. Seeing these guys is like watching paint dry while someone reads the Yellow Pages to you. No fire whatsoever.

YUCKKK!!!!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,928 • Replies: 5
No top replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 07:46 am
They were IMHO one of the finest studio bands ever.

I went to see them at a Texas Jam in the Astrodome--this was either in the very late '70s or very early '80s--after they released, oh, maybe their second or third album, which as everyone recalls had none of the spark or enthusiasm that their self-titled debut had.

During their set they actually missed a rhythym shift (or a chord switch, or whatever the musical term is). The song nearly came to a crunching halt. In front of about 40,000 people.

As blasted as I was at the time, I felt sorry for them.

(I was obviously too blasted to remember much of the details of thier mistake...)
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 07:56 am
Unfortunately, you cannot and should not try to perfectly reproduce your studio sound live.

They were so compressed and and so covered in effects that they had no dynamics or balls AT ALL!!!!

They also had five guitarists on stage, and when you combine that with all the sound effects, which Scholtz uses as another instrument, it was a stew with overcooked carrots and potatoes. Mushy.

They have a new bass player who is very pretty and has a FABULOUS rack, I'll give them that. It was one of the first things my 12 year old cub noticed. Like father like son :wink:
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 06:39 pm
...know when to quit, dude...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 06:43 pm
Reminds me a when a lady talked me into goin' to a Jefferson Starship concert . . . the opening band was Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen . . . fantastic band, and Papa John Creech (who was then touring with Starship), came out and jammed with 'em . . . After waiting for more than an hour between sets (the juggler came out twice, fer chrissake), the Starship came out, farted around tuning up, and then began to play. Within 30 minutes, about half the crowd got up and walked out . . . that was blantant dissing, and well merited . . .

Well i turned twenty-one in prison
Doin' life without parole
Mama tried to raise me better
Mama tried, Mama tried
Mama tried to raise me better
but her pleadin' i denied
That leaves only me to blame 'cause Mama tried . . .

Saw the Commander again a few years ago, after 30 years, still rockin' . . .
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 07:13 am
Mickey Thomas of Starship is from Atlanta. Great voice, the new Boston lead singer is a clone vocally.
0 Replies