Attention! gwendolen, from Africa, is here

dlowan

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 09:29 pm
gwendolen wrote:
kickycan wrote:
Gwen, how does it feel to have some disgusting old man stalking you over the internet?

He's old? Bummer.

He was BORN ancient.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 09:47 pm
I think we are all missing the MOST important question....

what please is african breakfast?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 10:20 pm
You know who I would like to see around here, from Afrika? Nakenia, that's who. She had something like a dozen posts on Abuzz, but something she said, maybe on the Pagan Babies thread prompted me to look up her profile. It was simply the most captivating bit of writing I had ever seen. I think it involved her decision to migrate from Nigeria, or maybe Liberia, to England, and involved a certain rock that you could sit on and tell the truth. I mean, you had to tell the truth, or that rock would eat you alive. She didn't say "It was believed. . . .) or "According to legend. . . .", or anything of the sort. She said, if you didn't tell the truth, it would eat you. Understand, Nakenia told it much better than I.

Anybody remember Nakenia?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 10:27 pm
No, though my niece's mother was from Liberia, which is not to at all quiet the words of Nakenia. The Liberia I know about, to the small extent I do, is very tribal. Have you googled?

Gwendolen - the comment about african breakfast relates to a whole spate of many many many many many posts by some folks in a class in China asking about western breakfasts.

Have patience, Gwendolen, you are liked here already - now we just have to get you to tolerate us.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 10:48 pm
Good idea. I tried it, but she isn't there. There is a yahoo profile for the same name, but obviously a different person.
0 Replies

gwendolen

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 02:28 am
kickycan wrote:
Yep. And disgusting. I, however, am only middle-aged and semi-revolting. Wanna make out?

Middle-aged? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/gwenz/gifjes/gaap003.gif

Breakfast in Africa is Mieliepap. I was raised on mieliepap. There's a long mieliepap discussion here. (someone's neighbour might be in that thread.)
But breakfast in Africa can also be this:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/86/232620822_adf47ce79f_s.jpg

I don't see many images on this forum, is it okay to post images?
0 Replies

gwendolen

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 02:34 am
Here's more food for Chai Tea.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 02:41 am
Good :wink:
0 Replies

gwendolen

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 08:15 am
Okay, I read up on hamsters, Gus & a frozen goat and bumped into the name Abuzz an awful lot in the archives.

This place is huge! Shocked Any advice on must read threads? And I was looking for the RSS feed of the forum, but can't find it. :-(
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 08:30 am
Setanta wrote:
Do they gots white folks in Africa?

Are they called American-Africans?

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 12:33 pm
gwendolen wrote:
Okay, I read up on hamsters, Gus & a frozen goat and bumped into the name Abuzz an awful lot in the archives.

This place is huge! Shocked Any advice on must read threads? And I was looking for the RSS feed of the forum, but can't find it. :-(

You are already doing fine, gwen. I saw your contribution to the word association game. Good One!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 11:04 am
kickycan wrote:
Gwen, how does it feel to have some disgusting old man stalking you over the internet? I know it's not a question specifically on Africa, but it's important that you know what you're dealing with here. He stalked Bea Arthur for months until she finally shot him in the ass with a starter pistol as he was trying to scale the twenty-foot-high fence around her Hollywood Hills home.

Bea Arthur did that? I thought he got that scar from a hunting trip with Dick Cheney.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 10:21:43