Attention! gwendolen, from Africa, is here

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 03:52 pm
I met this rather remarkable lady from Africa over at a site littlek had been talking about. We talked of the various animals in Africa and the conversation was fascinating. She had been telling me of the night a cluster of anteaters (I never knew a group of anteaters was called a cluster) approached her in a menacing fashion and as she drew her machete from her scabbard and tried to spot the leader of the bunch, a screech filled the air and a rogue parrot flew down and distracted the anteaters just long enough for gwen to make her escape.

She started in with another story when all of a sudden she said, "Oh my god, Gus! The cluster is back! And they're beginning to circle my hut! What shou--"

At that point the conversation ended. I typed as fast as I could....Gwen! Gwen! Gwen! ... but nothing. I feared the worse. I feared she had become a victim of the cluster.

With a heavy heart I retuned to my chores and when I came inside and logged onto A2K.... THERE SHE WAS! She was talking to Calamity Jane as if nothing had happened.

She's just getting used to this place, meeting a few of the members, and I'm sure, in time, she will find her way to this thread.

I would like you all to give her a warm welcome and if you have any questions at all regarding Africa, she will be more than pleased to answer them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,412 • Replies: 31
No top replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 04:00 pm
http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Cats/I-KnowT.jpg

Where's Africa? What kind of sandwiches do they eat there? If anteaters eat ants, why were they after Gwendolyn?

Why is her name Gwendolyn? Was her mother's name Gwendolyn? Or her grammy's?

Did she have indoor plumbing in that hut? Or did she have to use an outhouse? Was it scary walking to the outhouse at night? Or did she just "hold it" until morning?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 04:05 pm
Yes, Gus. I would like to ask Gwen if they are culling the elephants in Africa, and if her cluster of anteaters are also called aardvarks.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 04:08 pm
Stray Cat, you are spelling her name wrong. Show some respect for our African friend, please.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 04:09 pm
Do they have Scott tissue over there, or do they use old elephants tusks as toilet paper?
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 04:18 pm
Hello, Gwendolen!

And welcome to A2K. We're not all crazy here, just the ones who posted above me. :wink: There's even a few from South Africa.

I think you'll enjoy it, here.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 04:19 pm
Do they gots white folks in Africa?

Are they called American-Africans?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 04:21 pm
Would everyone please calm down! You're all asking these questions at once. I realize there are many things you want to know about Africa, but, as I mentioned before, Gwen is new to this site and thus, because she has not yet earned pm privileges, I have no way to direct her to this thread.

Plus, she is alone here -- a newbie wandering, lost and wide-eyed on a site as large as A2K -- and she is probably scared silly right now, trying to navigate such treacherous waters.

But she will be here, my friends. Until then... calm down. Try to compose yourselves.

It is very important to me that we make a good first impression on Gwen.

<Gustav drops to knees and prays Slappy doesn't come along>
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 04:26 pm
Does Gwen play golf at Fish Hoek? Has she ever slept with a boa constrictor?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 04:31 pm
This might explain how gwendolen got here...

a2k thread
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 04:31 pm
I would also like to know if she is familiar with Zoo Qkumba.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 04:35 pm
Quote:
Stray Cat, you are spelling her name wrong. Show some respect for our African friend, please.

How do you say, "sorry," in African? Why is her name Gwendolen instead of Gwendolyn?

Has she ever seen "The African Queen?"
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 04:42 pm

If I wanted to drive to Africa, and I started tonight, how long would it take me to get there?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 05:55 pm
How many pairs of shoes does the average necromancer keep in his wardrobe?
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 06:34 pm
Stray Cat ~ Africa is a pretty big place y'know. It depends on whether you want to go the north end or the south end, and how many stoplights are in between.

Dys ~ 33-1/3
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 06:45 pm
Gwen, how does it feel to have some disgusting old man stalking you over the internet? I know it's not a question specifically on Africa, but it's important that you know what you're dealing with here. He stalked Bea Arthur for months until she finally shot him in the ass with a starter pistol as he was trying to scale the twenty-foot-high fence around her Hollywood Hills home.
0 Replies

gwendolen

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 09:01 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I'm sure, in time, she will find her way to this thread.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/gwenz/gifjes/sherlock.gif

Thanks for the welcome, A2Kers. [size=7]Did I mention I live in the Netherlands? [/size]
0 Replies

gwendolen

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 09:02 am
kickycan wrote:
Gwen, how does it feel to have some disgusting old man stalking you over the internet?

He's old? Bummer.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 06:20 pm
The netherlands? Isn't that where Hamsterdam is? (gwen hamsters are what make this site work)

Where is nimh? I see good things in his future.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 31 Dec, 2006 09:19 pm
gwendolen wrote:
kickycan wrote:
Gwen, how does it feel to have some disgusting old man stalking you over the internet?

He's old? Bummer.

Yep. And disgusting. I, however, am only middle-aged and semi-revolting. Wanna make out?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Attention! gwendolen, from Africa, is here
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.27 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 10:24:01