Vent away!

msolga

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 07:19 pm
I think we need a vent thread here!

Not long, detailed explanations about aggravating, unsettling & upsetting things.

Just quick, get-it-off-your-chest-type venting.

Whine, complain, bitch, then instantly feel better!

Get it off your chest! (Whatever "it" is!)

Consider it therapy! Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,746 • Replies: 80
No top replies

msolga

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 07:22 pm
I want to put an axe through my computer!
Slow, slow, slow!
Then bloody Trend micro anti-virus jumps in. (Uninvited, do you mind!?)
And proceeds to slow down proceedings even more!
Speed, I want speed!
Now!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 07:32 pm
Come on now!

Spit it out! (You know you want to! Twisted Evil )

Don't hold back!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 07:35 pm
Jeeeze!

I give you the opportunity & what do I get?

Nothing, that's what!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 07:59 pm
Ok, I give up.

You lot are just too full of festive cheer, too contented, not a grumpy, complaining bone in your collective bodies!

I think I'll go & take out my grumpiness on the garden. It could do with a good, vigorous dig!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 08:16 pm
well, i'm here

nothing much to vent about

except i've got a head cold

which quite frankly sucks
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 08:24 pm
Morons who buy Christmas trees for what? A few seconds of half-assed half-witted alleged pleasure. They destroy the forest, create house fires and have no consideration for others. While the trees are in their tiny homes they burn lights which eat into the earth's resources. After the holiday they toss the strings of lights out and birds and fish and other creatures are strangled by the wires and choke while eating the tiny bulbs which they mistake for food. After the joyous holiday they toss the trees into the gutter where cars crash into them...the cars then hurtle onto walkways and knock into other defenseless trees shaking birds and squirrels from their homes.

clearly I have a beef with people who waste money and destroy the world by chopping down defenseless trees...either that or I'm just plain deranged.

(hope this wasn't too friggin' grumpy)
0 Replies

MysticalElfGirl

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 09:52 pm
My stupid alarm clock! Evil or Very Mad For some reason or another, my alarm clock is set for 7:45 p.m. And every time I turn the darn thing off, it goes "cock-a-doodle-doo" (it has a rooster sounding alarm to it) the very next night! Arrrggghh!!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 09:59 pm
*Shakes sturgis' hand*

Pleased to have you on board the SS Consumeless
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 09:59 pm
My vent, for tonight at least, is all the goddam water gulping, fertilyzer using leading to runoff in streams golf courses in the frigging deserts of Arizona and all the other warm, dry states in the US.

I saw a special that showed golf courses in Saudi Arabis that were simply sand. Go figure!!! Sand in the desert. A sand hole for all those who are constantly afraid of divits. They don't requite huge amounts of water!! Where's the fun in that??? The idiots need to have something to use insanely and, while they're at it, pollute.

Hmmm, my blood pressure is up and I'm panting in rage. Is this what you had in mind, dear msolga????
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 10:04 pm
Ah. A place to vent. I just want to say there are some wonderful people in this world, and I am grateful to know so many of them. And I don't care who gets upset that I would shout about it this way. Whew. Now I feel better.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 10:14 pm
I'm sick and tired of editing books written by people who can't write. I'm currently working on one that gives me the impression that the author had actually never seen a book, let alone read one. Then I see the author bio. She went to Yale. Don't they require that you at least pretend to read a book at Yale?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 12:37 am
We had a patient today that was from the prison(not sure if that has any relevence to this story) But when we were moving him from the stretcher to the exam table he reached out and hit me in the right breast. Usually I try to be the compassionate care-giver but this time it pissed me off and I had to walk out of the room to re-group.

I know he didn't mean to, it was just reaction. But still, I think I'm premenstral and you women know how sensative our emotions and breasts can be.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 12:50 am
Marty, you have my sympathy. Breasts and emotions go hand in hand, so to speak.

Being post menopausal, but perpetually hot flashial, I know that being compassionate at certain times is simply above and beyond the call of duty.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 12:52 am
Boita, how many times have I asked you to write a book about the books and authors you edit? Oy, the times I have asked and does she do anything about it? No. What am I, chopped liver? Hmpppff.

Finally, a vent that doesn't leave me super-ventilating.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 01:01 am
My dog smells and needs a bath
My cat is ½ wild and hides
My Wife gets bitchy at the smallest of errant stimuli
I have a cold and my nose is like a tap
I need to put out my resume as there are tons of great jobs available to me but I'm lazy and have not made the big move yet from my present employer
My Mom is old and getting pretty ozone-like at times
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 01:05 am
Yeah, well. you've pissed me off mightily Diane!!!!! How many times have I told you that I'm keeping notes on just such a book? How many times have I told you that I don't have enough material for such a book? I even read you some of the material I'm saving up for the damned book.

The book I'm editing now wouldn't go in such a book. There are no amusing mistakes. Just disorganized, poorly thought out rambling.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Don't be such a freaking (insert your own F word there) nag. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 05:49 am
Diane wrote:
My vent, for tonight at least, is all the goddam water gulping, fertilyzer using leading to runoff in streams golf courses in the frigging deserts of Arizona and all the other warm, dry states in the US.

I saw a special that showed golf courses in Saudi Arabis that were simply sand. Go figure!!! Sand in the desert. A sand hole for all those who are constantly afraid of divits. They don't requite huge amounts of water!! Where's the fun in that??? The idiots need to have something to use insanely and, while they're at it, pollute.

Hmmm, my blood pressure is up and I'm panting in rage. Is this what you had in mind, dear msolga????

Absolutely the sort of thing I had in mind, Diane! Laughing
Bravo!
I can feel the rage!
And I love the bold, large print!
Eat your heart out, David!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 05:52 am
Sturgis wrote:
(hope this wasn't too friggin' grumpy)

Never, Sturgis!

Let that slavic passion out! Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 05:55 am
edgarblythe wrote:
Ah. A place to vent. I just want to say there are some wonderful people in this world, and I am grateful to know so many of them. And I don't care who gets upset that I would shout about it this way. Whew. Now I feel better.

Edgar, edgar ...

What are we going to do with you?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Vent away!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 12:53:21