Preparing for 2007

Reyn

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 05:15 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
what the hell does an egg inspector do?

Well, the few details that I have from the ad indicates that one is looking for flaws of various kinds in the egg shells.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 06:45 pm
EhBeth--

It's so nice to have a man around the house.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 06:51 pm
Some people like me who live alone for the nonce use leftovers as part of the cooking thing. I don't roast veggies every day of the week, as they keep well and can be added to a new soup. Some things get frozen. Mostly I keep a keen outlook for ICKY.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 06:51 pm
Flushd, sounds great! You seem to be making a lot of positive changes in your life, good for you.

I have nothing in particular planned. There will probably be some heavy-duty cleaning this weekend, though, just because things have been hectic for a while and because of Christmas turnover. All of those boxes I was keeping just in case can now be recycled (after sozlet goes through them and chooses some she wants to keep), the present-holding-areas tidied, the rendered-obsolete-by-new-presents items tossed, etc.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 08:07 pm
I've already prepared for 2007, but there's much more planning to be done during the year. HAPPY NEW YEAR, everybody!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 30 Dec, 2006 10:39 am
Noddy24 wrote:
I think women are more likely to indulge in nest-purging symbolism than men are.

Perhaps there is a difference between clutter and trophies?

I think you hit the nail on the head. Men seem to enshrine gifts from former girlfriends and never learn that it hurts their current sweethearts to see that crap.

I feel good simply emptying a bottle of moisturizer as the year wanes.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 12:15 pm
Ready or not, here we are!

Happy New Year to everyone, the prepared and the spontaneous.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 01:52 pm
I definitely live by a different calendar. It's the calendar of 'the last possible minute' and it's on-going. Procrastination is the name of the game. I do it all the time, it's a good thing I work well under pressure.

Happy 2007 to all at A2K (see, I waited until it was already here :wink: )
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 01:54 pm
I've had my lesson already today ... and after writing x-times the "7" I'm fit for 2007 by now.
:wink:
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 02:15 pm
Walter--

The real moment of change will come when you get out your checkbook and pay the bills.

Fortunately for me, a "6" can be converted to a "7".

JPB--

Once upon a time I, too, trailed a cloud of dust.

Now I watch the dust motes dancing in the sunshine.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 03:21 pm
I managed to pack up 2 big bags of clothes/boots/shoes and we dropped them off at one of the charity boxes on our way to the annual New Year's Day walk at the Beach.

The fridge purge is happening in a slightly stealthy way. The garbage can will be mysteriously full tomorrow, as will the various recycling containers.

Not as much done as I'd dreamed of, but decent enough.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 04:03 pm
Having shoveled out the Old Year, I'm working on my first paperback order of 2007.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 04:12 pm
New year greatings to you, Noddy. And all the rest of you, too! Very Happy

My 2007 Plan is to be relaxed & comfortable* about everthing!

Nothing will phase me!

Let's see how long that lasts, hey? Laughing

* I'm adopting the Oz prime minister's approach. Being "relaxed & comfortable", no matter what disaster is staring you in the face, is the way to go! It seems to work for him! :wink:
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Preparing for 2007
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 01:38:25