Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,182 • Replies: 32
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 11:51 am
Yes, I do have other priorities.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 11:52 am
I have no priorities. If nothing else, this past year has taught me that life is going to do what it wants to. The best I can hope for is to clear a space on the floor to wander through it all. Checkbook balancing is a grand idea but not a matter of real importance in the relative scheme of things. With these thoughts, I have neglected making a selection in the poll.

~Less than 3 months left until the wait for winter begins anew~ Maybe that should be my priority...organizing a Welcome Winter Committee.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 12:03 pm
I never balance my checkbook. I spend, then look at my statement now and then to make sure nothing unauthorized is there.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 12:17 pm
I will prepare for 2007 by going to the ABC store....
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 12:51 pm
Slappy--

You march with your own drummer--or perhaps your own majorette.

Sturgis--

"Recalled to Life" is heady stuff--as is honoring the seasons in their appointed time.

BPB--

ABC Store? You Tarheels talk funny.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 01:06 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Slappy--

You march with your own drummer--or perhaps your own majorette.

Sturgis--

"Recalled to Life" is heady stuff--as is honoring the seasons in their appointed time.

BPB--

ABC Store? You Tarheels talk funny.

A.lcoholic B.everage C.ontrol....ie... liquor store...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 01:33 pm
BPB--

Ah, the Stupor Market.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 01:58 pm
Well, I wish that I could replace the job I currently have (teaching high school special education) with one that I would like better (editing).

I wish more people cared about the environment.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 05:23 pm
I like that cleaning out the fridge idea.

I've traditionally started off the New Year with recovering from the end of the Old Year. It could be time for a new plan.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 05:34 pm
Plainoldme--

May 2007 be fortunate year for your career.

EhBeth--

If one must have leftovers in the fridge on New Year's Day they should be elegant, auspicious leftovers.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 05:56 pm
Well, I'm always kind of anal about balancing my checkbook. I like to keep a close eye on how I'm spending the money I don't have.

Anyways, the number 7 has always been lucky for me, so I'm hoping the New Year will be a time when my whole life is well balanced -- as well as my checkbook -- and my sanity. Razz
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 06:44 pm
Rather than squaring anything away this year, which is a neurotic tendency of mine to have things in my control and 'in line' according to Master Flushd, this year I am saying good-bye to a few pieces of baggage.

Cleaning for the New Year. My apartment is already in the process of being washed out, and I started going through my desk with all the papers and momentos of the past. Throwing out and giving away what I don't need. Same goes for clothes and most importantly: the non material extras and that which has been kept out of habit.

So it's Detox for me and off into 2007 clean n' fresh.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 28 Dec, 2006 06:51 pm
I've been trying to go through my clothes on every extended weekend that I've been in town (on top of the regular eyeball on things). I'm hoping to get another 2 or 3 green garbage bags of clothes outta here.

The living/dining room zone needs to be re-arranged/sorted out. Maybe this weekend? Maybe at least a serious dent in the project?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 02:43 pm
I personally like to start each year with nothing gross in the frig (not easy when your frig is constantly thawing things) and to throw out all stuff that has become junk. I think throwing things away helps bring positive change to one's life.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 04:04 pm
I think women are more likely to indulge in nest-purging symbolism than men are.

Perhaps there is a difference between clutter and trophies?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 04:46 pm
Me, I'm looking for a part time job.

I currently have a resume in for a local job as an egg inspector. The hours are perfect for me (2 shifts a week) and the pay is decent ($15/hr).

Job will close Jan 6th, so we'll see if I'm going to get an interview.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 04:59 pm
Plainoldme & Reyn--

Obviously change is in the air for 2007. May both of you come across ideal situations before the New Year grows old.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 05:03 pm
Reyn wrote:
Me, I'm looking for a part time job.

I currently have a resume in for a local job as an egg inspector. The hours are perfect for me (2 shifts a week) and the pay is decent ($15/hr).

Job will close Jan 6th, so we'll see if I'm going to get an interview.

what the hell does an egg inspector do?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Dec, 2006 05:04 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
I think women are more likely to indulge in nest-purging symbolism than men are.

I'll indulge in the symbolism while Setanta does the heavy lifting and anti-disposal-eating.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Preparing for 2007
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 01:48:17