wich is the best choice to sell own mp3's over the net

dusty

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 03:28 pm
we're just started to put our own mp3's on our site(filewile.com) of course they are for free at the moment, but in a while we would like to sell them(or at least a few of them) so i'm interested to know if other artists are doing this by there own and if there is a way to do this without big investment, or probably there is already an alternative solution somewhere on the net. where the possibilities exists to do this?
Cool
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,103 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 04:26 pm
How would you like to sell them? As mp3 streams or as an mp3 cd or as a full blown cd.

There are easy solutions to each way.
0 Replies

dusty

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 06:03 pm
the best way for us would be that we can sell them on our own site, u can prelisten them, and then download good quality ones directly from our site(or a mastercard provider who is linked or...) but as u know is this tooo expensive, because u pay per selling. so im just interested if there are providers where u can do this, and where u only pay a few cents per download...
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 06:12 pm
Hmm, this is how I'd do it. I'd charge a subscription fee (modest of course) to have access to unlimited downloads in a password protected area.

To collect the money I'd use something like PayPal.

Of course, paypal does charge you a few cents for their service, that's why I suggest a subscription. That way you get fewer charges. If you want to charge for every single download the billing fees would add up.
0 Replies

dusty

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 02:35 am
i checked pay pal, but this is toooo expensive, i try to find something like the i-tunes shop, but where u have your own designed page(like paypal),
and where u don't need to be an artist on a major label to get there.
i think u know what i mean(probably its to early, but i'm sure, in an year or two, there will be a few providers...because there are a lot of not known artist who do good music and would like to sell them without signing to a label)
0 Replies