Wallpapers with coffee motives?

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 01:34 pm
Please, share any link you might have... I'm currently looking for a few nice coffee-themed wallpapers. Don't have to be all about coffee, even contrary, but 'tis coffee that's important Smile

Yes, I am an addict Wink
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,759 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Charli

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 08:35 pm
HERE'S A PDF FILE WITH A COFFEE BEAN . . .
According to the blurb, this pdf file has coffee bean wallpaper. If you check it out, please post back here and tell us aye, yes, or no.

[PDF]Installing Microsoft Windows NT 4
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
... Delay Right click on My Computer , choose Properties ... Properties I use the following
desktop properties: * Background * Wallpaper: Coffee Bean * Tile ...
kimmo.suominen.com/stuff/nt4-inst.pdf -
[/color]

[URL=http://]Installing Microsoft Windows NT 4[/URL]
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 08:39 pm
Re: HERE'S A PDF FILE WITH A COFFEE BEAN . . .
Charli wrote:
According to the blurb, this pdf file has coffee bean wallpaper. If you check it out, please post back here and tell us aye, yes, or no.

[PDF]Installing Microsoft Windows NT 4
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
... Delay Right click on My Computer , choose Properties ... Properties I use the following
desktop properties: * Background * Wallpaper: Coffee Bean * Tile ...
kimmo.suominen.com/stuff/nt4-inst.pdf -
[/color]

[URL=http://]Installing Microsoft Windows NT 4[/URL]

actually, that takes you to a PDF file, in which the author points out that the coffee bean motif is in the Windows NT 4 control panel
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 08:41 pm
Not sayin' this to be a jerk, Boss, but motive is the reason someone does something, however, motif is a thematic representation, like coffee bean wallpaper on your desktop . . . i'm gonna go see what this wallpaper is all about, be right back . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 08:44 pm
Click the "Start Button" on the lower left corner of the screen, select "Control Panel," select "Display," select the second tab, "Desktop," then, on the bottom drop-down menu, click to show the menu, and scroll to "Coffee Bean," then click that line, click "Apply," click "OK" . . . then you'll have that desktop motif, which shows coffee cups . . .
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2003 10:59 pm
FROM MY WALLPAPER FILE
I DIDN'T know this was in my wallpaper file!!! You can "make" wallpaper out of it on your own desktop. If you have a problem doing that, come back here and ask. Plenty of folks to guide you through the steps. Way past my bedtime or I would name them off. Maybe tomorrow . . .

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TAAAAAUXOXalyVkf1Q2viuqKM197Rg6a*qgssKv7O5Ifxar5Dhml!l4HTcnFRUNt75Oq7YCqMrqBcvZ6nMVBbO7se6nJcR!z!1Ndj03y*GaIAygp6anmsQ/Coffee%20Bean.bmp?dc=4675427856166647038
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 12:54 am
http://coolwallpaper.com/dir/Desktop_Theme/Products/

"A theme based on one of the best beverages around. The wallpaper is Starbucks latte cups floating throught space. The icons are coffee cups and beans, there are also some coffee cup cursors."
0 Replies

chevalier

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 03:44 am
Ah well, I know Coffee Bean is in Windows NT and XP, but thanks anyway.

Quote:
Not sayin' this to be a jerk, Boss, but motive is the reason someone does something, however, motif is a thematic representation, like coffee bean wallpaper on your desktop . . . i'm gonna go see what this wallpaper is all about, be right back . . .

Perhaps motif is more common, but motive is no less correct. Thanks anyway.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 04:57 am
chevalier wrote:
Perhaps motif is more common, but motive is no less correct. Thanks anyway.

Nonsense.
0 Replies

chevalier

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 05:05 am
Quote from Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary of Current English:

Quote:

motive [...] 1 that which causes sb to act [...] 2 = motif

motif n [C] theme in music for treatment and development, often one which recurs; main feature in a work of art

Apparently there's no other meaning of the word motif to which motive could be synonymous.

You might also wish to see http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=motive.

I hope the matter is settled and we can come back to the topic Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 05:08 am
Language is not simply what the books say it is--i guarantee you that well-educated English-speakers everywhere do not hold with your definition number 2, and consensus of definition is always at least as important as linguistic innovation, or a hide-bound rule . . .

At the risk of repeating myself, i repeat myself: nonsense.

Ah yes, coming back to topic, the goal of the mentally constipated everywhere . . .
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 05:23 am
Gadzooks, I must still be sleepy. When I first saw this question, and you said wallpaper, I kept thinking why in the world would you want coffee beans plastered all over your kitchen! Laughing

I think that I need another hour's sleep! Sad
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 05:24 am
That's the ticket darlin', go get some more sleep, then have a good cup of wallpaper . . . er, coffee . . .
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2003 07:51 am
MAYBE . . . OR IS IT THE "SAME ONE"?
coffee wallpaper

Maybe this is the "same one" mentioned elsewhere here?

Author: Moronica
Click Here to contact Moronica.
Size: 747 Kb
Submitted: 1999-01-17
Description: A theme based on one of the best beverages around. The wallpaper is Starbucks latte cups floating throught space. The icons are coffee cups and beans, there are also some coffee cup cursors.

Click image OR HERE to download Coffee
(All files submitted to this site are from independent authors, we do not have the resources to check the contents of these files for copyright infringements. We assume that the authors have given full credit where required. However, sometimes an infringement can still occur. If this is the case, and you own the copyright and wish to have the file removed, please inform us, and we will notify the author and remove the file)
[/color][/i]
0 Replies