Woman agreed to sex for new shoes, pants

Reyn

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 04:26 pm
Quote:
Woman agreed to sex for new shoes, pants

Senta Scarborough
The Arizona Republic
Dec. 19, 2006 04:46 PM

Police arrested a 30-year-old woman who agreed to have sex in exchange for new pants and shoes, records show.

The woman, who told police she was a transient, was booked on suspicion of possession of marijuana and prostitution in the 800 block of South Greenfield Road around 5:40 p.m. Dec. 4, police records show.

An undercover police noticed the woman, who appeared to be working as a prostitute along Greenfield Road. He gave her a ride and asked her what she did for a living, police said. The woman told the officer she needed money. She then told the undercover officer she would have sex with him if he took her to Walgreen's and purchased a pair of pants and shoes for her, police said.

Police then stopped the undercover officer and woman. When arrested, the woman attempted to toss a bag of marijuana, police records show. Police estimated she had about $5 worth of drugs.

The woman denied offering to have sex in exchange for clothes, but told officers she planned to smoke the marijuana. She also told officers that the undercover officer was her new boyfriend. The woman said he was going to buy her new clothes and she was going to have sex with him to thank him, police said.

She has a history of arrests including drug possession, records show.

I wonder what she would have done for a winter coat?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 639 • Replies: 13
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 04:31 pm
Relax, reyn. You're married.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 04:32 pm
Sad On December 19th? The cop should have took her to Walgreens, bought her some pants and a pair of shoes and wished her better luck in the New Year. Another dangerous criminal off the street. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 04:33 pm
I think this story is sort of sad.

I'd have driven her there and bought the stuff for her, and then got her to write me an IOU.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 04:58 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Relax, reyn. You're married.

I'm really relaxed. I've just heard my millionth version of Holly Jolly Xmas.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 05:03 pm
Would you like to hear it once more? Join me on the Holly Jolly Christmas Thread.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 05:25 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Would you like to hear it once more? Join me on the Holly Jolly Christmas Thread.

I would prefer a blood letting instead.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 05:56 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Sad On December 19th? The cop should have took her to Walgreens, bought her some pants and a pair of shoes and wished her better luck in the New Year. Another dangerous criminal off the street. Rolling Eyes

I thought the same thing. Gosh, that poor women is a transient and
wanted some warm clothes and shoes. You don't have to be an undercover
agent to pick up a transient who'll go through great dispair for a few
items.

On the bright side, she's at least in a warm jail cell and not out on the
streets in freezing temperatures.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 21 Dec, 2006 06:29 pm
I'm surprised some paper even printed this story. Desperate, homeless women have to make pleas and deals like this every day. I once did volunteer work at a NYC clinic for poor women (I didn't last long, too heart breaking) and one of the most common things homeless women came in for was tampons. One day a young woman, who came in on regular basis, showed up and I assumed it was for a box of tampons and started to reach in the cabinet for them. "Hey no thanks, some guy I did last night bought me some groceries and I had him throw in a couple of boxes of "rockets..." Just another day in her life.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 01:31 am
I was at the "New Hope Trust" shelter for the homeless yesterday afternoon, handing in the various boxes of food the WVS had purchased from the profits they made from selling teas and coffees in the Magistrates Courts.
The majority of the "residents" were men, but there were two women, one of whom wheels her entire possessions round in a shopping trolley (chariot - USA). She must be 60 if she's a day.
At the back of the trolley is a plastic doll, dressed up nice and warm and covered in a dirty old blanket. She's quite calm and ordinary, until someone tries to pick up the doll, then she goes absolutely beserk.
I wonder what her story is.......

She has been known to make offers to men in exchange for food or cider.
Very sad.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 01:51 am
It makes you look at your own life differently, doesn't it?

As difficult as life has gotten at times, I can't imagine having to resort to "criminal activities" just to survive.

That woman deserved compassion & help, not to be charged with a criminal offence & an article cheapening her existence in some newspaper!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 08:05 am
It is indeed sad when a nation cannot take care of it's sick and needy but can spend a trillion dollars to fight a war promulgated by it's harebrained president.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 08:14 am
au1929 wrote:
It is indeed sad when a nation cannot take care of it's sick and needy but can spend a trillion dollars to fight a war promulgated by it's harebrained president.

My sentiments perzackly.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 08:20 am
Yep!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Woman agreed to sex for new shoes, pants
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 04:37:29