Mom allegedly leaves child in car, shops with dog

Reyn

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 07:22 pm
Quote:
Mom allegedly leaves child in car, shops with dog

Michael Ferraresi
The Arizona Republic
Dec. 12, 2006 06:10 PM

SCOTTSDALE - A mother faces child endangerment charges after a valet called police to report she left her 2-year-old son alone in her BMW while she shopped at Scottsdale Fashion Square.

Gardenia Zakrzewski-Johansson was arrested in the mall parking lot outside Neiman Marcus after valets watched her walk into the store with a small dog under her arm, directing them to watch her car with the child inside.

"I'll be quick, don't tell anybody," Zakrzewski told one of the valets before going into the store for nearly 30 minutes, according to the police report.

The 39-year-old woman faces a Class 1 misdemeanor charge for the Monday afternoon incident, Scottsdale police Sgt. Mark Clark said.

"We don't think it's ever appropriate to leave your child alone in the car for five minutes, let alone 25 minutes," Clark said.

Zakrzewski-Johansson was allegedly uncooperative with officers who handcuffed her at the scene. She "kept stating that she did nothing wrong and that the valets were supposed to be watching her child" while she went inside Neiman-Marcus to pick up a Christmas gift, the report said.

This reminds me of an incident that my wife and I witnessed about a week ago.

We were shopping at a local thrift store and someone came into the store asking staff to announce over the PA system as to who left a child in a car by herself.

Anyways, by the time we got outside, a woman who had a small girl with her was arguing with a group of other women next to her car.

Apparently, this woman had taken one daughter in the store with her, and left the other in the car. It appeared to me that this child could have had Downs syndrome, so you draw whatever conclusion you like.

When this woman became beligerant with the others, one told her she better consider herself lucky no one called the police and protective services. After that, she was aplogetic, etc.

Some just don't use their head.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 270 • Replies: 3
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 12:35 am
One time I was outside a shopping mall and I saw a baby sitting in a car and the car was running! This was in the days before cell phones or else I would have called the cops. I waited there for 20 minutes until her father came out with bags and I scolded him severely. He was shaking in his boots. I hope he never did that again.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 01:49 am
Why didn't she just leave the kid at home? Stick the teletubbies in, and be done with it.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 10:01 am
NickFun wrote:
One time I was outside a shopping mall and I saw a baby sitting in a car and the car was running! This was in the days before cell phones or else I would have called the cops. I waited there for 20 minutes until her father came out with bags and I scolded him severely. He was shaking in his boots. I hope he never did that again.

And people wonder why their kids go missing! Mad
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Mom allegedly leaves child in car, shops with dog
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 04:27:30