If you come to China...

csunature

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 01:12 pm
China need to learn more indeed
i m from a university in mainland china.i really thind that china need to learn more.
i can't agree with some friendly american here more.in fact all chinese goverments in china's history ar having foolishize our citizens,not only the cpc goverment.but y they do that? 'cause china has a huge population and chinese people trend to split the country without an autocrative goverment.this has been varified. some foreinge friends can help to help us sincerely,while,some bad powers as well,ar happy to seen a ruined china with their lust.
the cpc(communist party of china) of course is not a democrative goverment,obviously.but,as we know there ar actually no real democrative goverments in the world at all.
not every people in china fail to search 'june 4 1989' on line or listen some sounds against the cpc. at least the people in cantone know what is happenning.
china now is sufferimg pollution. because the chinese have been poor for a long time which is one of the results of decades of wars caused by neither any chinese goverment -no matter qing dynasty,the POC or PRC-nor the chinese peole.and surely the dysfunctioned ruling of cpc gov is a reason too.
it is a truth that few chinese believe in communism and many religous activities are banned in china.but thoughts have no borders.and,as a tradition,not revy much meople have some religous believe in china.most chinese believed many gods before,but not believe in,not even Taoism and Buddhism.what the chinese have been enjoying most is a peaceful life.Say,u can feel 'Forrest Grmp' acts very much like the discribtion of some common great men in 'Tao De Tsing(Lao Tsu, Lao Zi also)' or 'Truang Tsu (Nanhwa Tsing,or Nanhua Jing)',but most chinese think that comes natually from our hearts,namely,history has its own trace which have been programed in someway.
Now most chinese in mainland china still cannot search what they want on line,but some people like me can,and i don't know waht will happen tomorrow.
and one of my schoolmate told me that his teacher from france once said in fact few people in the west have a genuine belief in God.i think that is true.the buddha once said there is few genuine belief in the world.
some people also think that china has lost lots of his good traditions and manners.alas,there is no ise to cry for a spoilt bottle of milk. but china can rebuilt a moral system like that in han dynasty.
anyway,i think that many problems have their own details which cannot justify simply for prejudice always result in a worse ending.
i really welcome all of friendly foreingers to come to china.

the above is my understanding,plz correctize them if i have made any mistakes.thks!
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 02:50 am
Quote:
I was hoping this thread would be about the fun and interesting things to see and do in China, so let's not dà shā fēng jĭng (spoil the fun) by being too political or philosophical here.

I agree with joe, (though I can't see your symbol...)

I am almost convinced no one is living better (except for being in extreme conditions certainly) in this world.

Chinese have Chinese way of life. Americans have Americans'. Chinese keep living in the Chinese way because to some extent, that works for Chinese. Someday probably Chinese won't be able to keep the way as it is now, then the way will be changed. But now the way is not changed. Because Chinese think, well, our way is acceptable, if not agreeable.

Really everybody, let's bless the way may never urged itself to be changed. For that would be something too monstrous for even the whole world to comprehend...

So, guys, let's agree with Joe. There are a number of enthusiastic A2kers who probably would not be budged on their opinions regarding our country but instead would genuinely interested in something exotic. Personally I don't know where to start and lack the resources. Someone may help me...?
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 03:08 am
Green Witch wrote:
21cnren wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:
Yes, 21cnren, America is an experiment. We are still awaiting the final results, but the early indications are, despite some really awful parts, that on the whole our Constitutional Republic seems to be good for it's people.

But, let's talk about what the Chinese would like us to see in their country.
If I arrived tomorrow on your street what would you show me?

Joe Nation

If you arrived,I would Welcome and show you chinese philosophy,chinese optimism,chinese way to pursue the equality and freedom and more sameness between us.China is a growing baby not only physically but also mentally.Rome was not built in a day.

I would love to see your China 21cnren, but I do not think of China as a baby. China was one of the oldest and most sophisticated civilizations the world had ever known. Mao destroyed that and was happy to watch millions starve and be tortured so he could be a modern Emperor. While your current government is not so cruel, it treats the Chinese people like children. It gives people toys like cars and Tv's while it takes away their ability to think freely and express themselves. The people of China are being taught to worship money. China's leaders have no respect for other people and is doing its best to destroy the culture of Tibet. Books that tell the truth of your history are banned and replaced with fairy tales. The current government is making choices that are destroying your environment and your minds. It is a government that is taking the worst of facism and the worst of capitalism and trying to forge a new society. I do not see a happy ending here.

Please allow me to add some words to grave matters...

Green Witch. I think there is something misguided in your opinion. I cannot aptly express what that is. But I believe in my feeling (I have to say that I could know probably every piece of information that you can know). I think because what you rely on might be articles and stories from western-oriented media, your view tends to be slightly...the right word may be "romanticizing". It's romanticizing to accuse a single person, Mao of such a crime, as if he was a type of ubermensch while all the others live and die and tide of history ebbs and flows because of him. It's also romanticizing to think that modern Chinese government operates in the way you think(Too unrealistically orwellian)

Sorry Green Witch, I don't want to start a new argument. What I want to say is simply that, I am sure if oneday you could live in China, even with all you had known previously, you would still feel very differently than you do now. And that what you would feel would be something more real.
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 03:09 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I spent two weeks in China back in '78. I was looking for a guy named Cooter, but the closest I came to finding him was when I met a guy with a pointed straw hat who went by the name of Coot Yung Li. Nice guy. We shared some saki and threw pebbles against the Great Wall.

I do like that image gus Smile
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 03:24 am
Recently I have found my own city is getting very charming (apart from occasional sky with that ugly gray hue). Nanjing (or Nankin) derives its name from the meaning "southern capital", and unlike Beijing (northern capital), whose gigantic battle walls were torn down (THAT, was an horrific thing done by Mao), our city still kept some major portions of walls, with mountains woods, and lakes adjecent to it.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/00/Nanjing_WuchaoGate3.jpg/200px-Nanjing_WuchaoGate3.jpg
0 Replies