If you come to China...

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 08:10 pm
Dear Friends all over the world!

The topic is If you come to China...

If you come to China,where do you want to visit?

If you come to China,what do you want to do?

If you come to China,will you lean Chinese culture?

If you come to China,do you want to find a girl or boy friend?

If you come to China,do you want to have a new life here and make a living here?

If you all come to China,I wish we could set up a Able2Know supreme headquarters here for everyone to enjoy the life here.

We chat here everyday by tpying the keyboard,but when can we talk face to face and know each other well?It is my idea on this,maybe you would say it is impossible,but if you agree with me,please do send me an email to me to shipping at TPLocean dot com,or my MSN ID TPLdavis at hotmail dot com

Well,I should also introduce myself here I think.I'm Davis who is doing shipping and international logistics job,I did trading before also.I am belong to young generation,but all my friends said I am elder than my age.Let me know your idea if you and me meet each other in person.

Yours Davis
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,479 • Replies: 24
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 08:27 pm
I would like to see the old traditional architecture and beautiful art of the past. I would like to see the beautiful gardens created by Emperors for their royal courts.

Eat real Chinese food and see how people live in villages, not in the cities.I would like to go for a bike ride on The Great Wall. I would like to have tea in a teahouse with Chinese people

I would want to learn about Chinese culture

No, I'm married. My best friend adopted two little baby girls from China, so she went to China to find a family.

If you come to China,do you want to have a new life here and make a living here?
No I like living in America. Much of China is very polluted and very crowded. I like living in my house in the mountains. I also do not like the Chinese form of government. I like to call my President a monkey, if he acts like one, and in China that could get me in trouble.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 08:32 pm
I disagree GW. In China you can call our President a monkey and get away with it. I was investigated by Homeland Insecurity for doing basically that!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 09:00 pm
NickFun wrote:
I disagree GW. In China you can call our President a monkey and get away with it. I was investigated by Homeland Insecurity for doing basically that!

Yeah, well if they show up at my place I'm going to shoot them with my AK47 while hunkered down in my nuke proof bunker! It's the American Way!

Let's see Davis do this to Mao:

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/7/l/7/bush_chimp.jpg
0 Replies

21cnren

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 08:01 am
Green Witch wrote:
NickFun wrote:

Yeah, well if they show up at my place I'm going to shoot them with my AK47 while hunkered down in my nuke proof bunker! It's the American Way!

Let's see Davis do this to Mao:

MAO died twenty years ago.He don't belong to this century,and your cognition about China too.
It's not heroism to call your president a money.Can it be done to avail sth?Civil form of U.S established by the masons is an experiment. U.S people have right to hold enough rifles against goverment,if that goverment treat them atrociously.It's not a bad solution to cut the throat of club law.But everything has a couple of opposite side.There is no denying of the fact that the right is a significant cause of the overrun in guns.Opening fire is a native American way.It's very simple,but seems a little rude and violent.Is this way the only effective way?No society form is perfect.No civilization can be called the best one.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 08:10 am
I spent two weeks in China back in '78. I was looking for a guy named Cooter, but the closest I came to finding him was when I met a guy with a pointed straw hat who went by the name of Coot Yung Li. Nice guy. We shared some saki and threw pebbles against the Great Wall.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 08:16 am
Yes, 21cnren, America is an experiment. We are still awaiting the final results, but the early indications are, despite some really awful parts, that on the whole our Constitutional Republic seems to be good for it's people.

But, let's talk about what the Chinese would like us to see in their country.
If I arrived tomorrow on your street what would you show me?

Joe Nation
0 Replies

21cnren

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 11:04 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Yes, 21cnren, America is an experiment. We are still awaiting the final results, but the early indications are, despite some really awful parts, that on the whole our Constitutional Republic seems to be good for it's people.

Joe Nation

If you arrived,I would Welcome and show you chinese philosophy,chinese optimism,chinese way to pursue the equality and freedom and more sameness between us.China is a growing baby not only physically but also mentally.Rome was not built in a day.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 07:10 pm
21cnren wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:

Joe Nation

If you arrived,I would Welcome and show you chinese philosophy,chinese optimism,chinese way to pursue the equality and freedom and more sameness between us.China is a growing baby not only physically but also mentally.Rome was not built in a day.

I would love to see your China 21cnren, but I do not think of China as a baby. China was one of the oldest and most sophisticated civilizations the world had ever known. Mao destroyed that and was happy to watch millions starve and be tortured so he could be a modern Emperor. While your current government is not so cruel, it treats the Chinese people like children. It gives people toys like cars and Tv's while it takes away their ability to think freely and express themselves. The people of China are being taught to worship money. China's leaders have no respect for other people and is doing its best to destroy the culture of Tibet. Books that tell the truth of your history are banned and replaced with fairy tales. The current government is making choices that are destroying your environment and your minds. It is a government that is taking the worst of facism and the worst of capitalism and trying to forge a new society. I do not see a happy ending here.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 07:30 pm
I worked in both China and taiwan and can only say that the food was very good in the large cities, but questionable in the country sides. Also, never eat raw leechees without their outer skins being thoroughly washed in clean water.

Clean water was a problem in both TAiwan and China Mainland . In Sun Yat Sen square in Taipei are very beautiful grated waterways beneath the boulevard from the Howard Plaza. This is all raw sewage, giving the boulevard a funky septage smell. I love duck, no matter how its made, so I ate like the emperor in Chengdu and Chongqing.
0 Replies

21cnren

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 12:54 pm
Green Witch wrote:
21cnren wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:

Joe Nation

I would love to see your China 21cnren, but I do not think of China as a baby. China was one of the oldest and most sophisticated civilizations the world had ever known. Mao destroyed that and was happy to watch millions starve and be tortured so he could be a modern Emperor. While your current government is not so cruel, it treats the Chinese people like children. It gives people toys like cars and Tv's while it takes away their ability to think freely and express themselves. The people of China are being taught to worship money. China's leaders have no respect for other people and is doing its best to destroy the culture of Tibet. Books that tell the truth of your history are banned and replaced with fairy tales. The current government is making choices that are destroying your environment and your minds. It is a government that is taking the worst of facism and the worst of capitalism and trying to forge a new society. I do not see a happy ending here.

Sigh!GW,have you been to China?Have you been here and experienced the actual life in China?I'm a chinese living here in China.I can see.I can read.I can feel everything around me!I am typing here in my own mind,talking about what I experience.Can it be fairy tale?I don't regard American as evil depending on the words of Chavez and Kim Jong Il,while you don't believe me but the idiots sitting in the offices at the other side of the earth from China.Why don't you think that maybe you are in the trap of U.S press?Did your president Bush tell you that there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?What have you found there?Did your government tell you that they sent soldiers to Iraq a place far away from Afghanistan where Laden are living for fighting aganist terrorist?What have they achieved with the exception of thousands of common Irak people's death.How do your "freedom and equalty guards" treat the Irak civilians?Your government didn't confess to having used Agent Orange in Vietnam war for a long time.They have even not acknowledge poor U-bomb is harmful to human health and use it in almost every battle field of Yugoslavia and Iraq.Take a look at Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11".You will know who is the liar.
All of the bosses of U.S media who subsidize your president and control the decisions of government are billionaires.It's very sorry that China don't have so much money as them to effect the surrounding around everyone living in China.
Your cognition of China is very subjective and extreme.Some mistakes made by Mao in his late years resulted in the death of many chinese civilians.It seems that his goal was rather good for most of chinese people but he follow it in a wrong way.Totally it is said that he is a giant and a good man by combining his mistakes and former work which save mass of poor people from starvation and change the destiny of poor China.
For the problem of Tibet culture protection you mentioned,I don't think our government do their best. But they know the most important problem is raising the life quality of local people.
There are lots of mistakes in your post.I don't have enough time to point out each one.Don't speak before have experienced.
0 Replies

cello

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 09:26 pm
I would like to see the ancient architecture in Beijing, the town of Confucius, visit the Shaolin Temple, walk on the Great Wall, see a Chinese opera, and eat Chinese food. I would also like to visit a big university in Beijing to see the education there. I would like to buy some good Chinese books, in English, of Lao Tzu and Confucius and Chinese proverbs, as well as a Chinese astrology book. Smile
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2007 10:06 pm
21cnren wrote:

Sigh!GW,have you been to China?Have you been here and experienced the actual life in China?I'm a chinese living here in China.I can see.I can read.I can feel everything around me!I am typing here in my own mind,talking about what I experience.Can it be fairy tale?I don't regard American as evil depending on the words of Chavez and Kim Jong Il,while you don't believe me but the idiots sitting in the offices at the other side of the earth from China.Why don't you think that maybe you are in the trap of U.S press?Did your president Bush tell you that there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?What have you found there?Did your government tell you that they sent soldiers to Iraq a place far away from Afghanistan where Laden are living for fighting aganist terrorist?What have they achieved with the exception of thousands of common Irak people's death.How do your "freedom and equalty guards" treat the Irak civilians?Your government didn't confess to having used Agent Orange in Vietnam war for a long time.They have even not acknowledge poor U-bomb is harmful to human health and use it in almost every battle field of Yugoslavia and Iraq.Take a look at Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11".You will know who is the liar.
All of the bosses of U.S media who subsidize your president and control the decisions of government are billionaires.It's very sorry that China don't have so much money as them to effect the surrounding around everyone living in China.
Your cognition of China is very subjective and extreme.Some mistakes made by Mao in his late years resulted in the death of many chinese civilians.It seems that his goal was rather good for most of chinese people but he follow it in a wrong way.Totally it is said that he is a giant and a good man by combining his mistakes and former work which save mass of poor people from starvation and change the destiny of poor China.
For the problem of Tibet culture protection you mentioned,I don't think our government do their best. But they know the most important problem is raising the life quality of local people.
There are lots of mistakes in your post.I don't have enough time to point out each one.Don't speak before have experienced.

21cnren, I believe Pres. Bush is a liar and an idiot controlled by American Big Business. I never thought Iraq was a threat. I did not vote for Bush and I have publicly protested against his policies (try that in China). I have far more access to world information than any Chinese citizen and I can criticize my government openly without fearing I will be thrown into jail. I have access to every newspaper in the world - uncensored. The Chinese people do not have freedom even on the internet, all major search engines bow to the Chinese government. I can give you names to type in and you will see you will get no information where I will pages and pages. I will be happy to send you links. Almost all information you have is controlled by your government. I have two relatives currently living in Taiwan and they tell me about the censorship in China. A Chinese friend of theirs was arrested and put into jail because of his computer blog three months ago and they have not heard from him since.

I have seen Mr. Moore's 9/11 and even he now admits it's not all correct, although I believe much of it is. All governments have secrets, the difference is Americans can pursue the truth without fear of death. We can say and print what we believe, right or wrong.

I do not believe you live in a fairy tale 21cnren, but I do believe you do not have access to the same information that democratic countries do. I have great respect for the intelligence of the Chinese people and I hope one day they will (peacefully) stop their government from treating them like children. I hope the Chinese people will see they are being offered the worst of America in capitalism and the worst of Russia in fascist Communism.

I would suggest you read the book Mao: : The Unknown Story
by Jung Chang & Jon Halliday. There is a Chinese translation. It is written by world respected historians. However, you are not allowed to read this book because your government is afraid of it and has banned it. Here is the Amazon link:
Mao: The Unknown Story

My mother will be in China in about 4 weeks, perhaps you can recommend what she should see while there. You are also welcome to challenge anything in my posts that you feel are wrong.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2007 08:02 am
Quote:
I would hesitate to say that we have full access to uncensored information from around the world, Green Witch. There is much we don't know about what is censored and filtered out on the Internet before it comes down to us.

Really? Have you had your computer blocked from accessing any news site you wanted to access? Which ones? List them please and also say what country you are trying to make access from.

I was hoping this thread would be about the fun and interesting things to see and do in China, so let's not dà shā fēng jĭng (spoil the fun) by being too political or philosophical here.

Joe(if the Chinese learn to worship money they will just like us)Nation
0 Replies

21cnren

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 06:04 am
Green Witch wrote:
21cnren wrote:

21cnren, I believe Pres. Bush is a liar and an idiot controlled by American Big Business. I never thought Iraq was a threat. I did not vote for Bush and I have publicly protested against his policies (try that in China). I have far more access to world information than any Chinese citizen and I can criticize my government openly without fearing I will be thrown into jail. I have access to every newspaper in the world - uncensored. The Chinese people do not have freedom even on the internet, all major search engines bow to the Chinese government. I can give you names to type in and you will see you will get no information where I will pages and pages. I will be happy to send you links. Almost all information you have is controlled by your government. I have two relatives currently living in Taiwan and they tell me about the censorship in China. A Chinese friend of theirs was arrested and put into jail because of his computer blog three months ago and they have not heard from him since.

I have seen Mr. Moore's 9/11 and even he now admits it's not all correct, although I believe much of it is. All governments have secrets, the difference is Americans can pursue the truth without fear of death. We can say and print what we believe, right or wrong.

I do not believe you live in a fairy tale 21cnren, but I do believe you do not have access to the same information that democratic countries do. I have great respect for the intelligence of the Chinese people and I hope one day they will (peacefully) stop their government from treating them like children. I hope the Chinese people will see they are being offered the worst of America in capitalism and the worst of Russia in fascist Communism.

I would suggest you read the book Mao: : The Unknown Story
by Jung Chang & Jon Halliday. There is a Chinese translation. It is written by world respected historians. However, you are not allowed to read this book because your government is afraid of it and has banned it. Here is the Amazon link:
Mao: The Unknown Story

My mother will be in China in about 4 weeks, perhaps you can recommend what she should see while there. You are also welcome to challenge anything in my posts that you feel are wrong.

"Mao: The Unknown Story" is very famous in both China mainland and Taiwan,of course,as a "herstory"(not history) book of Jung Chang.In this book,she made herself a novelist rather than a historian.She and her husband are respected historians of WEST,not of world.Even many western chinese,of which lots are dissenters from China mainland,regard the book as an extreme and easygoing work.
It's very interesting that in an essay of Jung Chang's brother who is charged with the publication of this book,he argued that history books should be written not only depending on existent evidences and documents but also depending on the writter's imagination.So it is suggested that they should make themself novelists.
Here is an eassay about the bugs of the book's 17 most important issues(not minor ones) which are considered abundant in evidences by western press.

The simplify Chinese version:
http://www.chinaelections.org/NewsInfo.asp?NewsID=42629

The English version:
http://www.geocities.com/jinxiaoding

Here is a student union forum of Taiwan talking about Jung Chang.If you know a little Chinese,you will see the major judgment of the book in Chinese group.
http://ck56.com/db/showthread.php?p=1243566

I know little about English literature.But having read the Chinese version of this book,I found it is not of value even to Chinese literature.It does question a lot of the impersonality and purpose of the great respect the western press have given to this book and its authors.

The PRC government have a lot of problems,corruption,peculiar etc.I don't think it means the government treats people as children.Rome was not built in a day,the democracy has the same way.We are also talking about policies and government leaders and often criticize them openly in the street.Unfortunately China has a large territory and a huge population,so government in different region treat people in different attitudes.I heard a lot in CCTV news that some foundational governments or departments from different areas put several journalists into jail,because the journalists reported the reality behind them.I think the prime problem Chinese government faced is China have too many people and many of them are not living very well.Everything goes troubledly in the crowd,especially,when the reform in construction of institutional laws and policies haven't been completed.So it is difficult to give a simple judgment of the PRC government decisions(limited access of internet involved).If your mother came here,she should reside in a village for a long period of time and have a look at the living condition of farmers.They,not the ones in big cities of China,are the majority of Chinese People.

PS. By RSF,62 persons have been put into prison since 7 years ago in PRC.I don't know the concrete reason of each one.But I don't think most of them were put into jail just because of what they said.I receive hundreds of junk mails sent by Falun Gong cult who I think government ought to put them into prison.

PPS. To Joe Nation
I heard that the website of a broadcasting station named Radio Free America settled in Taiwan had been closed by U.S for a long time.(I don't know whether it is ture)
0 Replies

newsn01

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 04:39 am
Green Witch wrote:
I would like to see the old traditional architecture and beautiful art of the past. I would like to see the beautiful gardens created by Emperors for their royal courts.

Eat real Chinese food and see how people live in villages, not in the cities.I would like to go for a bike ride on The Great Wall. I would like to have tea in a teahouse with Chinese people

I would want to learn about Chinese culture

No, I'm married. My best friend adopted two little baby girls from China, so she went to China to find a family.

No I like living in America. Much of China is very polluted and very crowded. I like living in my house in the mountains. I also do not like the Chinese form of government. I like to call my President a monkey, if he acts like one, and in China that could get me in trouble.

many foreigner like to bike near the greatwall,i can see many near my village
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 09:04 am
newsn01, why are you using Francis avatar?
It is a picture of himself, so I don't think this is really appropriate.

You might want to change that.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 09:25 am
CalamityJane wrote:
newsn01, why are you using Francis avatar?
It is a picture of himself, so I don't think this is really appropriate.

You might want to change that.

CJ,

I have recently seen things in the "Avatar Gallery" on A2K that seem to be personal avatars rather than generic ones. This may be a glitch. Someone uploading from the avatar gallery may unknowingly use a personal avatar.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 09:36 am
No wandel, the gallery has no personal avatars listed.
Not mine, not yours, not Francis.

It's just common courtesy that you do not take someone's picture
as avatar. I wouldn't want that either. Do you?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 09:52 am
I am not saying it is okay to use someone's personal photo. I am just saying that the source may actually be the avatar gallery. Glitches regarding the uploading of avatars have recently been reported on forum help. I actually saw a few avatars, handmade by members, suddenly appear in the avatar gallery.
0 Replies