Reyn

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 10:20 am
So, how are you feeling today?

http://www.nationstates.net/images/flags/uploads/mary_sunshine.jpg
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 10:33 am
oh, almost 100%

I'm at that stage where I feel fine but sound all froggy. Not as deep as yesterday though.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 10:44 am
Good to hear you're feeling better. The tea recipes were fine but for the absence of booze. Just about anything, rum, bourbon, Southern Comfort, Chambord, will work.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2006 11:02 am
Chai Tea wrote:
oh, almost 100%

I'm at that stage where I feel fine but sound all froggy. Not as deep as yesterday though.

Good, I miss your wit on these pages.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 08:12 am
You know what's really fun to do when your voice is froggy?

Impressions.

I can do a perfect Karl from Slingblade....

"These 2 fellers were a goin' to the baffroom off a bridge there.

One of 'em said the water was deep.
The other'n said the water was cold.

rrrr....I believe one of them fellers was from Arkansas.

get it?"

and the ever popular...."flowers is purty, I've always thought that."

aright then.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2006 11:04 am
MMMM-HMMMM...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 09:17 am
Chai Tea wrote:
You know what's really fun to do when your voice is froggy?

Impressions.

I can do a perfect Karl from Slingblade....

"These 2 fellers were a goin' to the baffroom off a bridge there.

One of 'em said the water was deep.
The other'n said the water was cold.

rrrr....I believe one of them fellers was from Arkansas.

get it?"

and the ever popular...."flowers is purty, I've always thought that."

aright then.

That was brilliant, Chai. It was almost as if I was sitting there watching the movie.

You are a rare talent.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 09:21 am
Poor little feller.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 09:22 am
Got any of dem french fried taters?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 09:29 am
Well glad you are feeling better Chai T

you cann all transfer your sympathies to me noww.

I did something to my right arm. Maybe tendonitis in the shoulder. Cant move it laterally at all. Cant write sleep drive dress properly (ok no comments please not in mood).

Doped up on Ibuprofen supplemented by paracetamol/codeine.

I can type, but not lift my right elbow off the desk.

woa is me..Any suggestions apart from amputation? Its amazing how useful ones right arm is if its working properly
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 09:35 am
You ought not talk that way. You just a boy
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 09:47 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
You ought not talk that way. You just a boy

well, I like the way you talk.

I'll have some of them biscuts and mustard if you got any.

Steve, tendonitis is a real bitch.
For some temporary relief, try this..lean you body over and dangle your arm while holding a light weight, like 2 or 3 kilos. If that feels good, small small circles with you arm, that seems to stretch the tendon out and relieves the pain.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 09:48 am
oh....and if it comes down to amputation, try a kaiser blade.

some call it a slingblade, I call it a kaiser blade.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 10:16 am
Steve, I have tendonitis in my shoulder and it's a bitch. Normally, I just wait it out while taking Naproxin (doc prescribed, but you can get as Aleve I think). Just take any good anti-inflammatory and you should feel some relief.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 10:20 am
Watch it with the naproxin and alleve, it'll burn a hole in your stomach.

the doc started me off with naproxin, and I didn't realize why I thought I had molten lava in my got.

I forget what he switched me too, but it was much better. Alleve will rip up your gut too if you take it too long, all it is is a half dose of naproxin.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 10:21 am
Yeah I know.

But if you only take it during flare ups, you should be fine.

Mine got so bad sometimes I could feel my shoulder skip if I tried to rotate it. And if I pushed on the tendon, it would slid back and forth in a really gross way. There was litereally a huge bump where it was inflammed and doing anything hurt. Holding a weight with that hand would have killed me.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 10:37 am
oh, about the weight, I thought it'd hurt too, but you're not lifting it in anyway, just letting it pull your tendon gently, actually, it's what the doc told me to do.

I know it sounds counterintuitive, and denpends on the situation. It's not right for every situation.

Have either of you ever tried a chiropractor for that? When Brian, our chiro, snapped some joints back into place, the tendon slipped back where it was supposed to be, and stayed.

Tendons are weird, the way they will travel around and out of place. This one time, after I'd been sick few weeks, I was finally well enough to do some stretches. I was doing that ballet move, with the feet pointed out and a slow squat, then I stood on the balls of my feet and did the same thing.
All of a sudden, I could feel 2 tendons in each leg sliding outwards, and then, snick, it was like they fell into their proper groove. When I stood and walked, well, there was, not a pain, but this feeling of something that'd been in the wrong place for a while suddenly back where it shoud be. Pretty cool,
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 10:51 am
Steve, I had that this week, glad it's gone now. Scary, it got worse after the first day. I researched it on google and have some links..

what they tended to say was first use an anti-inflammatory, like you are with the ibuprofen.
At least one cautioned against heat, or said use heat only with caution.

Mine came from sleeping on my shoulder wrong (curled forward while reading) - probably impingement of the scapula on the rotator cuff - and I could only stop the pain by lying on my back and having the shoulder way towards the back.... but then I would have it near-frozen in the morning. Had (mostly) to lift the arm, and not high at that, with the other arm. Well, during the day it was ok if I sat still and kept the shoulder back.

But - all those websites said be careful the shoulder doesn't freeze. Eek. So then I kept trying to keep up motility, gently, and from then on it got better. Chai Tea's comment fits with that.

I'll give you the links of the websites I saved if you want them.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 11:02 am
Bella Dea wrote:

Also, you're supposed to take Naproxin with food. So, take it just after a meal.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 19 Dec, 2006 11:08 am
Reyn wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

Also, you're supposed to take Naproxin with food. So, take it just after a meal.

A plate of carp would suffice.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 01:23:03