Hacked by Godzilla!

pontufle

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 06:58 am
hacked by godzilla and memory card
hello all, i'm travelling in india right now and when I tried to upload pics to through an internet cafe that was infected with this virus, my camera started showing: card write protected..
i got back to the same place and got rid of the virus by erasing its files, removing its registry entries and disabling autorun.

the only problem is now i still can't use my memory card properly.
when i tried to scan it again with AVG FREE i got another virus notification:
worm/generic.BRD
which forced me to remove a file : RavMonE.exe

when i check the properties of the card it shows it's full (630 MB aprox.) and when i scan it with avg i can see it scanning my picture files. but when i try to open it through my computer or explorer i cant see any of the files or the folder which contains the photos.

i'm not sure if its relevant to the godzilla virus but since this virus was on the computer that started the problem, and since it relates to removable drives, it could be related.

also, i have noticed other files while the avg was scanning (again I can't c these files anywhere else) which seemed not connected... they were under ":bitorrent\" folder.

do you guys know how to solve this problem so i can backup my photos and try to format the card??

is it caused by the worm/generic.BRD virus? or the godzilla one?

p.s
the card is xd fuji film 1 gb and the camera is olympus sp 510-uz
0 Replies

pontufle

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 06:58 am
hacked by godzilla and memory card
hello all, i'm travelling in india right now and when I tried to upload pics through an internet cafe that was infected with this virus, my camera started showing: card write protected..
i got back to the same place and got rid of the virus by erasing its files, removing its registry entries and disabling autorun.

the only problem is now i still can't use my memory card properly.
when i tried to scan it again with AVG FREE i got another virus notification:
worm/generic.BRD
which forced me to remove a file : RavMonE.exe

when i check the properties of the card it shows it's full (630 MB aprox.) and when i scan it with avg i can see it scanning my picture files. but when i try to open it through my computer or explorer i cant see any of the files or the folder which contains the photos.

i'm not sure if its relevant to the godzilla virus but since this virus was on the computer that started the problem, and since it relates to removable drives, it could be related.

also, i have noticed other files while the avg was scanning (again I can't c these files anywhere else) which seemed not connected... they were under ":bitorrent\" folder.

do you guys know how to solve this problem so i can backup my photos and try to format the card??

is it caused by the worm/generic.BRD virus? or the godzilla one?

p.s
the card is xd fuji film 1 gb and the camera is olympus sp 510-uz
0 Replies