Harry Potter - The Spoiler Thread

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2003 10:57 am
Yes, I know there are already several HP threads, but not like this one.

This thread is specifically for posts dealing with the first five books and will include spoilers. I would advise not reading these posts until you've finished "The Order of the Phoenix".

Now here some room in case you came in here by accident. I don't want to spoil the book for you.
Shocked
Shocked
Shocked
Shocked
Shocked
Shocked
Shocked
Shocked
Shocked
Shocked
Let the spoilers begin!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,211 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Sinkerhawk

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2003 11:07 am
Now, onto my take of the fifth book:

Remember! There are spoilers galore in this post.

Dumbledore has stated that Harry is not the only boy that could have been "the one that lived." As he stated, the prophecy could have also referred to Neville. Dumbledore thinks it's Harry because of the line "marked as his equal" (That's from memory, I don't have the book to reference it right now.). I'm thinking his theory may be flawed. It doesn't say that Voldemort would mark Harry or that the mark would be visible or when Voldemort would decide that the "one" would be considered his equal.

Based on this last book, I'm thinking that Neville is actually the one that will defeat Voldemort after Harry tries too. I think Harry will either be injury or even killed, but that the sixth book will deal with the afterlife and we will learn that Sirius is there waiting for him. These of course are just theories and I might change my mind after the next novel comes out, but it's just one possible outcome.

Anyone have any other ideas?
0 Replies

Sirius Black

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 12:49 am
Harry Potter- the spoiler thread
In the end i think both harry and voldemort will die.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 09:06 am
Nah, Harry kills Voldemort and ends up teaching defence against the dark arts at Hogwarts. It's totally set up that way!
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 09:12 am
Harry fails all his exams, and ends up working in a chicken nugget factory scraping poo off the meat. Ron runs away with the gypsies and spends the rest of his life trading horses. Hermione gets pregnant and has to go on the game to make ends meet.

It's a cruel, cruel world.
0 Replies

carditel

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 10:10 am
Half of me thinks that both Harry and Voldemort will die. But if Harry lives i think either he, Dumbledore or Author Weasley will become Minister of Magic, or he'll become and auror. Ron and Hermione will get married, and become either teachers at Hogwarts or Aurors.
0 Replies

carditel

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 10:11 am
Half of me thinks that both Harry and Voldemort will die. But if Harry lives i think either he, Dumbledore or Author Weasley will become Minister of Magic, or he'll become and auror. Ron and Hermione will get married, and become either teachers at Hogwarts or Aurors.
0 Replies

carditel

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 10:11 am
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 10:54 am
Think about it, Harry's already taught defence against the dark arts! There hasn't been a consistent defence teacher at Hogwarts through the entire series. People keep dropping hints about how Harry is one day going to be a great wizard.

I think Dumbledore will retire (or die), McGonagall will take over the headmastership, Hermione and Ron will officially be together (though probably not married yet), Neville will be instumental in the defeat of Voldemort (though Harry will still play a starring role), and Arthur Weasley may or may not become the Minister for Magic.

Oh, and Ginny Weasley will definitely be on Gryffindor quidditch team in the next book.
0 Replies

carditel

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 10:59 am
Alright i suppose there could be a chance that Harry could become Dada teacher. You could be right about Neville and McFonagoll
0 Replies

Sirius Black

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 12:00 pm
J.K Rowling said that Arthur weasley would not become Minister of Magic
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2004 06:42 pm
Hmm...maybe Neville teaching DADA?

McGonegall is the obvious choice to suceed Dumbledore.

Harry's survival...a crapshoot. If he lives, I doubt Neville will. Also, I expect Lupin may not survive, & may die killing Peter Pettigrew.

I can't really see Hermione as an Auror...teacher, researcher, possibly the Auror version of a detective (or maybe some kind of macigal forensics...sorry, I just re-read "The Bone Collector"), maybe.

Ron as an Auror...maybe.

Fred & George Weasley as Aurors...yes, as undercover operatives, because NOBODY thinks of them as anything but clowns.

Snape dead? I hope so.

Also, any bets on who teached DADA in book 6? My guesses (in no real order) include the real Mad-Eye Moody, or possibly Dumbledore himself.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 02:17 am
Neville's forte is Herbology, that's where I think he's heading.

Fred and George have their Wizarding Wheezes to worry about.
0 Replies

carditel

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:20 am
i hope Dumbledore allows Harry to continue Dumbldore's Army, maybe even allow him to extend his teaching to the whole school.
0 Replies

Sirius Black

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 11:01 am
Do you think harry and hermoine might start dating or do u think she likes ron.
0 Replies

benny

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 11:55 am
Love triangle? Hmmm. Harry/Hermione/Ron Would be a good plot line.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2004 06:50 pm
At this stage, Hermione definitely favours Ron.
0 Replies

Diamond Unique

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 06:15 am
I so hope Ron and Hermione do get together. Its really a love hate relationship between them. Its sweet really.
0 Replies

Sirius Black

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 10:51 pm
In the end of the seventh book do you think harry and voldemort will both die?
0 Replies

Diamond Unique

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:52 am
they could do. I think thats what the prophecy was hinting
0 Replies