What we look for in love

Reyn

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 01:54 pm
Quote:
What we look for in love

Dec 5 2006
By The Huddersfield Daily Examiner

MEN yearn for a woman from Sheffield who works as a nurse and looks great in a floral dress, while women prefer doctors from Newcastle who wear cashmere sweaters, says a new survey.

The findings are the result of a study of 4,000 people to find what constitutes the "ultimate" attractive man and woman.

According to the study, commissioned for Grazia magazine, men are more attracted to "curvy" rather than skinny women, and prefer brunettes with "long, wavy hair".

More than three- quarters (78%) of men see a "friendly smile" as the most attractive feature in a woman, and 74% see cooking as the interest they find most attractive in the opposite sex.

Some 93% look for a man who can make her laugh and 73% want someone who will "automatically" pay for a meal.

A man who owns his own home is five times more attractive (83%) than one who does not (17%), and more than three-quarters of women (76%) say a man needs to earn at least £50,000.

What's your opinion here? What do you look for in love?

Myself, it's personality.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 637 • Replies: 13
No top replies

jazzieB123

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 03:57 pm
Hey Reyn,

ooo. Good question. Yep, I'd put personality way above cashmere sweaters lol. I also look for consistency & stability mixed with an adventurous streak. I realise they sound at odds with each other, but in the right person this mix can be acheived.

Of course, I look for the usual things like honesty, openness, truth-telling & the ability to look at a situation thru someone else's eyes - not always their own. Admitting to being human & fallable (and therefore, capable of making mistakes) is also important.

What I don't look for in love is passivity or fence sitting. Money, status & material possessions are not important either - what matters is "what is that person passionate about?" and if that person has the guts to chase & realise his/her dream, then that makes them 10 times more attractive to me.

How about others?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 04:56 pm
Sounds like an interesting survey.

Of course, a survey is only as good as the choices it contains and this sounds like a multiple choice survey.

Doctors in cashmere, eh?

Well, I like smart well-dressed men. Brains, personality, humor all top my list, along with left-leaning politics. A man who walks well is nice. Anyone sees Sting on the salute to James Taylor? The man has a great walk!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 05:11 pm
Well, Reyn. A good conversationalist is a must, and music, of course. Also someone who is there for me when I need them. I don't go by looks, much. There is so much more to life than that.

I pay absolutely no attention to surveys. Almost all are flawed for one reason or another.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 06:27 pm
I look for amoebae.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 06:57 pm
Thanks for everybody's input so far.

I would agree with Letty that having a mate who is a good conversationalist is important. After all, if you can't communicate well, the relationship may not last long.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 07:04 pm
How much is £50,000 US?

I look for a woman who is a mute, nymphomaniac, and owns a liquor store.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 08:14 pm
I'm not sure I consciously "looked" for things exactly…but what I found in love includes the following:

Companionship
Humour
Loyalty
Laughter
Stability
Comfort
Protection
Friendship
Patience
Inclusion
Support
Respect
Shared purpose in one or two constants
Duty
Responsibility
And
Integrity

I've also found:

Fury, stubbornness, procrastination and a number of irritating habits I wouldn't trade for the world if it meant giving up the other things.

I have not found:

Cashmere or $100,000.00 paycheques but that could be because my hair's not terribly long, wavy, or brunette, AND I don't like cooking.

No, my talents, such as they are, lie elsewhere…where I am kind of brunette, come to think of it.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 08:53 pm
My new guy makes me laugh, is a great lover and has a medical marijuana card.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 10:18 pm
Hmm..

for me it is pretty simple.

The man MUST be tall. 6'0 +

And I love.. big red men.. Embarrassed
Irish, Polish, German.. oooohhh.. gosh .. make me faint.

Be smart
Be self sufficient
Be funny
Be open.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 11:31 pm
Should I dye my hair and grow it out Laughing
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 02:54 am
Re: What we look for in love
Quote:
MEN yearn for a woman from Sheffield who works as a nurse and looks great in a floral dress, while women prefer doctors from Newcastle who wear cashmere sweaters, says a new survey.
I'm thinking O-Hi-O might have better pickins...

Quote:
According to the study, commissioned for Grazia magazine, men are more attracted to "curvy" rather than skinny women, and prefer brunettes with "long, wavy hair".
No reason to fret, skinny straight haired blondes. Laughing Step back from that ledge and send me a PM. :wink:

Quote:
More than three- quarters (78%) of men see a "friendly smile" as the most attractive feature in a woman, and 74% see cooking as the interest they find most attractive in the opposite sex.
True on the smile... utter nonsense on the cooking.

Quote:
Some 93% look for a man who can make her laugh and 73% want someone who will "automatically" pay for a meal.
Guilty. Embarrassed

Quote:
A man who owns his own home is five times more attractive (83%) than one who does not (17%), and more than three-quarters of women (76%) say a man needs to earn at least £50,000.
Does losing at least £50,000 a year count for anything?
Quote:
What's your opinion here? What do you look for in love?

Myself, it's personality.
Agreed... but how easy is it to be fooled? Still stumbling through, myself... but I still believe Billy Joel's "I won't hold back anything... and I'll walk away a fool or a king."
Current Status: Fool
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 02:58 am
Wooohoooo, Im curvey with long wavy(ish) brunette hair!!!!!Yet Im single....oh so single.....think I need to work on my smile.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 05:36 am
Re: What we look for in love
[quote]What we look for in love

Dec 5 2006
By The Huddersfield Daily Examiner

...while women prefer doctors from Newcastle who wear cashmere sweaters, says a new survey.

A man who owns his own home is five times more attractive (83%) than one who does not (17%), and more than three-quarters of women (76%) say a man needs to earn at least £50,000.[/quote]

When I look at a guy somewhere I usually know neither his profession nor the state of his bank account.

When I met my husband, I knew he was a soldier, and him making me laugh certainly had a lot to do with me agreeing to a second date.

He did pay for my Cider, which was OK by me, even though when it comes to larger bills, I don't feel so comfortable about it.
Even today, we usually pay alternately in restaurants.

Not too keen on Cashmere Sweaters, either, actually!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What we look for in love
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 02:42:11