• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,275 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 08:33 am
Um, nnnnnnnooooooooo,

Zappa's contributions to that dialogue make perfect sense. Lonestar whoever provided the only trace of ignorance.

This is kind of a lame thread. Why on Earth would you judge Zappa's intelligence (way too broad a subject to begin with) based on his brief stint in the political limelight, rather than on his 30+ years of rock n'roll innovation?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 08:36 am
Frank Zappa was a brilliant guitar player and did not get the recognition he deserved for that talent.

His outrageous lyrics somewhat muted the guitar and caused it to lose potency in the process.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 08:46 am
Gargamel wrote:
Um, nnnnnnnooooooooo,

Zappa's contributions to that dialogue make perfect sense. Lonestar whoever provided the only trace of ignorance.

This is kind of a lame thread. Why on Earth would you judge Zappa's intelligence (way too broad a subject to begin with) based on his brief stint in the political limelight, rather than on his 30+ years of rock n'roll innovation?

This was my way of recognizing him on the political forum. Had I talked about his music the thread would have been off-topic.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 08:54 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
Gargamel wrote:
Um, nnnnnnnooooooooo,

This was my way of recognizing him on the political forum. Had I talked about his music the thread would have been off-topic.

Or you could have posted it in the music thread.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 09:12 am
I thought the thread was going to be about how Frank stood you up on his plans to fly you to his sweet condo and have the sex with you, after chatting online.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 09:51 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Frank Zappa was a brilliant guitar player and did not get the recognition he deserved for that talent.

His outrageous lyrics somewhat muted the guitar and caused it to lose potency in the process.

This is the only pertinent and cogent response to this thread.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 10:05 am
Setanta wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

This is the only pertinent and cogent response to this thread.

No, YOURS is, and I think I speak for all of us here when I express my sincere gratitude.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 10:56 am
Wonderful sarcasm, there, Koolaid Man . . . say, did you know Jim Jones?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 01:02 pm
Setanta wrote:
Wonderful sarcasm, there, Koolaid Man . . . say, did you know Jim Jones?

You mean, Dad?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 03:04 pm
heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 05:00 pm
I like Zappa and enjoyed seeing him in concert.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 26 Dec, 2006 09:32 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
I thought the thread was going to be about how Frank stood you up on his plans to fly you to his sweet condo and have the sex with you, after chatting online.

Sorry, not into necrophilia. I mean, I have to not be into something right? Actually, I was the real life inspiration for Suzy Creamcheese. Bob Dylan wrote "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright" about me and I invented this thing they now call the internets.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 02:52 pm
There was a woman who attended graduate school in English at Wayne State University at the same time I did (1969-75). That was just after the time that Gordon Lightfoot and Joni Mitchell lived in Detroit and while the guy with the blackened eye make up who goes shirtless still did and just as Bob Seeger was making a national name for himself (used to play at college dances but the price would go up from 50 cents to $1.50!).

Anyway, she supposedly had sex with Dylan while her husband slept in the next room. Everyone like Dylan a little less for having the lack of discretion to sleep with this girl, who was an early singer-songwriter. I think one of her songs was recorded by Brazil 66. She was known as "detroit's celebrity f^(k."
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 03:18 pm
Zappa was a brilliant satirist. There I was, full of myself as a budding, long-haired college guy. Then I'd listen to Zappa make fun of the whole enterprise. Made me question what I was just starting to believe in!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 27 Dec, 2006 03:31 pm
Got introduced to Zappa's music in mid-seventies. It was a strange time in my life, during which I got exposed to a lot of things that were way out of my comfort zone at the time. But I knew even then that Zappa was something special, and I still know the words to several of his songs by heart - "Po-jama People" comes to mind. I played his "One Size Fits All" album to pieces.
0 Replies