Sunset or Sunrise?

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2003 09:44 pm
I was a grasswidower this weekend and I took this oppurtunity to see whether I like sunsets or sunrises more... Looks like I'm a true swede!! I like the sun either way, but I gotta tell ya,when I walk home in the morning (after a round of bargolf Drunk ), I tend to luv the sunrise! What about you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,787 • Replies: 27
No top replies

Montana

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 12:14 am
I'm a sunrise gal for sure. We have the ocean in front of our house and the woods out back. The sun rises over the ocean and sets in the woods and the sunrises here are breathtaking. I take pictures all the time since no two sunrises are the same.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 12:54 am
Most usually, I only see sunrises when I have been up all night - I love sunsets.
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 01:03 am
I voted for sunsets as I love the shifting colours and the twilight afterwards.
Sunrises are fantastic too, several years ago in the UK I was up early every day to see the sunrise. I didn't miss one for a whole year. Some were a bit grim because the weather was appalling but I enoyed them all.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 01:29 am
Living in the Sacramento Valley, I'm usually awake to see more sunrises, either from waking early or staying up all night. Around here the dozens of nesting birds and birdettes start chirping away at 4 am just as the first bits of darkness are dispelled. Then the turkeys and ducks chime in around 4:30 and the bluejays come a cawwing around 5 am followed by mother finches in a hurry to stuff food into the chirping mouths of their babies so they'll shut up. If I'm not already awake by then, the jays insist I wake up and watch them feed at the food I set out for them the night before.

When I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area I was a sunset person. I have literally hundreds of photos I've taken of various sunsets there.

For the visual effects, I'd vote for sunsets. For the cheerfulness, my vote goes for the sunrise.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 01:44 am
Sunrise? What's that?

Oh, right! Something to be faced around the winter solstice and without daylight savings time. You have permission to infer that I am not a morning person.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 11:25 am
Sunsets, definitely. It's my favorite time of day. If you haven't accomplished your work by then, it's too late to worry about it any more. It's the Friday part of each day. Time to kick back & enjoy.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 01:02 pm
Worked third shift for a year way back when.

Nothing quite like having a summer sunrise at four AM in the city all to yourself.

These days, I see sunrise, but I'm on my commute to work. Not thinking beautiful thoughts right about then...
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 01:35 pm
Have never thought about but now that you ask I find it matters very little.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 01:43 pm
In my former rabidly enthusiastic days, I would wake up at 5AM and meditate. Sunrise was my thing. Newness, hope fulfilled...blah blah blah. I dearly loved the experience every morning.

Now, I never see a sunrise, and sunsets have become ominous.

Hadn't thought about it. I need a glass of wine...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 03:17 pm
I love em both; it means I'm still alive. LOL c.i.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 03:18 pm
I vote for sunrises. Especially if there is frost on the trees.

(Ok, what is a "grasswidower"???)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 03:23 pm
Mind you, sunrises SMELL the best!

Sunrise in the country in Oz - the smell of the eucalypts and the freshness - the carolling of the magpies - sometimes the laugh of a kookaburra - mmmmmmmmmmm.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 05:57 pm
There is nothing better than starting the day with the beauty of the sunrise. Makes me think the world is a beautiful place.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 06:03 pm
It all depends on the day for me...some sunrises are great and very enlightening however....I usually tend to be able to enjoy sunsets much more often. Hard to vote either way though...they're both good.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 06:05 pm
I have some pretty good photos of both sunrise and sunsets. c.i.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 06:05 pm
Watching the sunset over the ocean with a cool beverage in hand is nice, but my true joy is watching the sun rise over any large body of water. Best of all is sitting on the beach with a large mug of tea, and the doggies wandering around while I watch the sun come up. It's the closest thing to paradise I can imagine. I try to make it a point to watch the sun rise each new place I visit. Watching the sun rise on Sunset Drive in Tucson with piffka last year was a wonderful experience. The first time I'd ever seen sunrise in the desert. One of my photos from that morning is my puter start-up pic. It still gives me chills.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 06:10 pm
Wow, the poll is a perfect split! I have a thing for sunsets, I love them. I have dozens and dozens of photographs of sunsets that I've taken over 20 years or more. I lve sunrises too, they're very special, mostly because I almost never see them.

My parents live on a property that faces west over the cape cod bay. There's the property, the marsh, the sliver of beach and then the bay - about a mile from house to clear water. We have a deck and no matter what we're all doing and no matter whether we're together or seperate, we rush back to the house to watch the sunset with a cocktail. There are two arms of land that hug the marsh - the house being in the bossom of the land. The sun moves from the southern edge of our view in the winter to the northern edge in the summer (left to right).
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 06:13 pm
I likes 'em both, but am a morning person, and prefer the "having the world to yerself effect.:

(A grasswidow or grasswidower is a married person who is alone because the spouse is absent.)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2003 07:05 pm
I thought it was because the spouse was mowing a huge lawn. Wink
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Sunset or Sunrise?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 08:35:31