5
   

Good Bye, John Bolton!!!

 
 
Bi-Polar Bear
 
  1  
Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 04:13 pm
snood wrote:
This is one of the funniest lines I've seen for awhile...

Cyclop:
Quote:
It isn't a Conservative-Liberal thing either, because believe me, it hurts Timber to have to agree with Setanta and I on anything. Hurts near the liver.



Laughing


Now THAT"S a post that would make a perfect sig line.... Laughing
0 Replies
 
LoneStarMadam
 
  1  
Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 04:14 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I don't put my intellect above anyone else's. But I have done extensive and exhaustive research on a large number of subjects that many others such as yourself apparently haven't.

I call you a troll because you act like one, no other reason.

Cycloptichorn

It's very apparent that you aren't intellectually above anybody. You haven't done squat with reasearch with any reputable source. Maybe moveon or democrat underground.
I had thought that you might be one that coulddebate without the vitriol, I was wrong. In fact, you're the norm here, it seems. there are a few that can actually debate without making it personal, you aren't one of them. From now on I will read your posts with that in mind & not take anything you say seriously.


You thought correctly - I can debate without the vitriol. But I see no reason not to speak my mind as I say fit, when I say fit, even if that opinion happens to be about another poster and their ignorance of such elementary knowledge as, say, the constitution.

You have a habit of making a claim, then being unable to back that claim up with any real knowledge, and then claiming that those who demand you produce said knowledge are attacking you for doing so. Classic troll behavior.

Just on this thread, you've claimed that Senators have acted in an unConstitutional fashion. When asked to explain that, you cannot, and the conversation devolves as you switch from one justification to another in a desperate effort to shore up your position that the Dems are evil for not letting the Republicans get what they want outta government.

In another thread, you showed a real lack of knowledge about what the president's duties are, Constitutionally, and when called on it you don't admit that you were wrong, but change your tack to another argument instead.

On the Socialism thread which you started, it has been shown that Socialism doesn't have anything at all to do with many of the programs that you think it does, and that you are using the term incorrectly; but you don't back down or agree, just keep arguing mendacious points until people get frustrated and start insulting you, at which point you declare yourself morally superior and withdraw from the conversation.

There is a little 'x' in the corner near the name of every poster (thanks to a handy firefox ignore addon that I downloaded) which can be used to ignore everything that person writes. I don't use it on anyone and I don't want to start using it on you; but you need to realize that you aren't making friends and allies around here, at all, with your antagonistic behavior. I find it to be quite constructive and instructive to hear well-formed arguments from the other side; I've probably learned more from GeorgeOb1 and Timberlandko and Thomas than anyone else here, especially in terms of them showing me errors in my thinking....

It isn't a Conservative-Liberal thing either, because believe me, it hurts Timber to have to agree with Setanta and I on anything. Hurts near the liver.

I don't want to discourage you from posting here, but keep in mind that you can have a career here of months, years, decades; the things you say are archived and the relationships you make matter down the road, argumentatively. Many times it is helpful in threads to have those of your same ideological bent construct cases together, and if you don't have them on your side, you can find yourself swamped quite easily.

Sorry for calling you a troll. Don't act in a poor fashion and I will be happy to call you a friend.

Cycloptichorn

I accept the sorry hoewever, you called me a troll for saying that the document would be on the cover of the NYT by evening edition & you know that documents, secret documenst, are leaked. I don't understand that & no, that is not a dem pr repub thing, both sides do it. When I point out what some dem does that I believe is wrong, I'm not saying that repubs don't do it too, that would be rediculous to make such a claim. But, because they all do it doesn't make it right. I personally think that Bolton did a good job at the UN & also believe that dodd & biden did hold up the vote strictly for political purposes. Chafee, IMO, was/is just a bit of fluff that was way over his head in the senate, he ain't his daddy.
0 Replies
 
LoneStarMadam
 
  1  
Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 04:22 pm
snood wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
snood wrote:
If you find vitriol to be the norm here, one can only speculate on the reasons you continue to produce such a large volume of posts here everyday. My guess is you enjoy attention, even if mostly negative, or that you enjoy feeling as if you're yanking people's chains. In any case, congratulations for generating and receiving more flame posts in a shorter time than I've seen in my years here. You must be one world class assh*le.

I see you don't miss much here, how is that? while on duty?
You don't know a damn thing about me, you're nearly as clueless as a few others here, a herd mentality.
BTW-post ths on that other thraed since you're so proud of your handi work


Not so much for wally draggle LSM, but for anyone else who's curious...

I PCS'ed (permanent change of station) from Ft Sam Houston on 29 November. I have until 11 December to report to Baynes-Jones Hospital Pharmacy(at Ft Polk) for duty. The last week has been a frazzle of moving and trying to orient to the boondocks of Leesville, LA. One of the first things I did was get my cable and internet connections up and running - I'm spoiled that way...
(and didn't want to miss any of the drama hereabouts Laughing )

Fort Polk, don't they just have a clinic now? A lot of their patients are sent to Wilford Hall or BAMC.
Yes, Leesville is certainly no San Antonio. Were you at BAMC? I did some volunteer work there, haven't been back for a few months, after Christmas I plan on going back for a cou[ple of days a month.
Good luck with the move, we did that on average of every 2 years for 22 years.
Now, back to the previous scheduled programming....
0 Replies
 
dyslexia
 
  1  
Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 04:37 pm
John Bolton is a card carrying member of NAMBLA.
0 Replies
 
LoneStarMadam
 
  1  
Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 04:47 pm
dyslexia wrote:
John Bolton is a card carrying member of NAMBLA.

Then Bush nmust agree with NAMBLA simply because of his silence.
0 Replies
 
dyslexia
 
  1  
Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 04:53 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
John Bolton is a card carrying member of NAMBLA.

Then Bush nmust agree with NAMBLA simply because of his silence.

Yes of course, Bush prefers 8 yr old boys sith red hair, he's never denied it.
0 Replies
 
LoneStarMadam
 
  1  
Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 04:55 pm
dyslexia wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
John Bolton is a card carrying member of NAMBLA.

Then Bush nmust agree with NAMBLA simply because of his silence.

Yes of course, Bush prefers 8 yr old boys sith red hair, he's never denied it.

Could be, I can't look into his heart.
0 Replies
 
blueflame1
 
  0  
Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 05:57 pm
hahaha

J. William Lauderback
Executive Vice President
The American Conservative Union

Republicans in the U.S. Senate could have -- SHOULD HAVE -- confirmed John Bolton! They had the majority in the Senate and a majority of Senators supported John Bolton.

Majority Leader Bill Frist and Senate Republicans could have played hard-ball. They had the power to bring the nomination out of committee and to the Senate floor, where Bolton would have been easily confirmed.

Yet they did NOTHING. They cringed behind their desks, determined to sneak out of Washington this week, tails between their legs!

Last month, the American people went to the polls, turned about two dozen RINOs OUT OF office and DEMANDED conservative government! And unfortunately in the process, the GOP lost its majority and a few good men like Rick Santorum, Jim Talent and George Allen.

But apparently our leaders did not get the message!

Days ago, both parties held leadership elections. The GOP had a chance to infuse some new blood into the leadership -- THEY DIDN'T

Apparently our leaders did not get the message!

Our leaders had yet another opportunity to show us they had the right stuff. They could have put RINOs like lame-duck Lincoln Chafee in their place and force a fair up-or-down vote on the Bolton nomination -- THEY FAILED TO ACT!

Apparently our leaders did not get the message!

That's why... as they go home on recess... before they give up the majority for the next two years... we must send them a final parting message and make sure that THEY FINALLY DO GET THE MESSAGE!

Simply put... it's time to do the American people's business. Liberals will attempt in the coming months to ram an agenda of higher taxes and social engineering down the throats of the American people. Conservatives MUST stand firm to STOP that agenda.

It can be done! But ONLY if RINO obstruction and conspiring with the opposition come to a stop HERE and NOW!
0 Replies
 
nimh
 
  2  
Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 05:58 pm
And a good riddance to Bolton indeed...

Just by ways of reminder of what we should be lucky to say good bye to:

Quote:
"Reforming the UN, Bush-style"

Mr Bolton went to the UN with the goal of leading the reform of the organisation, but the effort has stalled in the face of opposition from developing countries, organised at the UN in a "Group of 77". Mr Bolton has been blamed by diplomats and analysts for making little effort to bridge the divide between the "G77" and the industrialised nations pursuing reform.

The New York Times reported an incident in June in which the US ambassador burst into a UN committee meeting, produced a cordless microphone and began to lecture envoys from developing countries about their efforts to water down reforms aimed at strengthening management of the UN.

According to the account, the committee chairman ordered Mr Bolton to end his tirade. The American diplomat then threw up his hands in frustration, saying "so much for trying something different".

Other supporters of UN reform claimed the unorthodox intervention undermined their cause, and a few weeks later the general assembly voted to lift a budget cap which had been intended to force management reforms.

"He took an agenda from the White House and the state department that they wanted real UN reform. That has been bungled in the confrontation with the G77," said Barbara Crossette, an analyst at the United Nations Association.

"The [UN] secretariat hold him responsible for the fissure. Bolton's idea is to go in and say this is what we want, and when people don't immediately agree, he says the UN is unreformable."
0 Replies
 
old europe
 
  1  
Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 06:08 pm
Let me have a hearty laugh at this description of Bolton:

Quote:
The American diplomat


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies
 
nimh
 
  1  
Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 06:34 pm
Words fail.. (talk about not getting the message!)

The Executive Vice President of the American Conservative Union wrote:
Last month, the American people went to the polls .. and DEMANDED conservative government! And unfortunately in the process, the GOP lost its majority and a few good men like Rick Santorum, Jim Talent and George Allen.

Shocked Laughing
0 Replies
 
Cycloptichorn
 
  1  
Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 06:35 pm
Hard to know which part is funnier - the DEMAND CONSERVATISM part, or the 'good men' being Allen and Santorum

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies
 
nimh
 
  1  
Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 06:40 pm
Wait wait though.. I quoted that from blueflame1's post... but I cant actually find Lauderback writing these lines on Google.

Blueflame, you got a link for that?
0 Replies
 
blueflame1
 
  1  
Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 06:57 pm
nimh, here's the link. Read the whole thing because it get's funnier as it goes along. Being the Key West Bush Team Leader I get stuff like this in emails all the time but this one takes the cake. http://www.acuactionnet.net/rinoobstruction1be.html
0 Replies
 
nimh
 
  1  
Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 07:42 pm
Oh God, so its for real... thanks, Blueflame. Damn!

Can you believe that someone could say that with a straight face? And then send it around the world? And not just someone, but the Exec VP of the ACU?

Well, actually, the sad thing is I can.. amazin'
0 Replies
 
nimh
 
  2  
Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 08:26 pm
Remember John Bolton, anyone?

Ladies and gentlemen - Bush's choice for US ambassador to the United Nations:

Quote:
"The US once had the capability to engineer the clandestine overthrow of governments. I wish we could get it back."


Link

In the link, look also for a replay of the 2003 arguments to whip up a war panic about Iraq - almost word by word - but this time, targeted at Iran:

Quote:
The fact that intelligence about Iran's nuclear activity was partial should not be used as an excuse not to act, Mr Bolton insisted.

"Intelligence can be wrong in more than one direction." He asked how the British government would respond if terrorists exploded a nuclear device at home. "'It's only Manchester?' ... Responding after they're used is unacceptable."
tsarstepan
 
  3  
Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 10:11 am
@nimh,
nimh wrote:

Remember John Bolton, anyone?

12 years later? We're suffering deja vu.

neptuneblue
 
  3  
Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 10:17 am
@tsarstepan,
No flipping way!!

I mean, I'm so sorry...


glitterbag
 
  2  
Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 01:45 pm
@neptuneblue,
Yeah, who could have predicted that?
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Putin's UN speech - Discussion by gungasnake
All in a name, Google recognises Palestine. - Discussion by izzythepush
Will the UN get involved in Syria? - Question by cicerone imposter
Violation of Human rights in North Korea - Question by blackrose cv
Gaza: the real problem - Discussion by gungasnake
UN Impotence, Iranian Duplicity, and Papal Logos - Discussion by JamesMorrison
Should America Give Up Control of the Internet? - Discussion by JamesMorrison
 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/17/2019 at 06:43:31