Police Use Taser on Python to Free Man

Reyn

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 05:56 pm
Quote:
Police Use Taser on Python to Free Man

Dec 1, 6:08 AM (ET)

UNIONTOWN, Pa. (AP) - A police officer used a Taser to subdue a python that had wrapped itself around a man's arm and would not let go.

Steve Crilly, 47, was feeding a rat to the eight-foot-long albino Burmese python, which belongs to his daughter, when it when it bit his left hand and wrapped tightly around his left arm Wednesday night, Uniontown patrolman Ray Miller said.

"The snake was on his arm and was eating his hand," Miller told the Herald-Standard of Uniontown for Friday's editions. Crilly "was very calm, considering there was a good bit of blood," he said.

In an effort to free the man without permanently harming the snake, Miller said he shot the animal with his Taser, a gun that sends an electric shock through wired darts. The snake immediately went limp and released its grip.

Crilly was treated by paramedics at the scene for what Miller called "a nasty cut" on his hand. The snake was uninjured and remained at the home, Miller said. Crilly did not immediately return a message left at his home Thursday by The Associated Press.

Miller said the incident was unique, but not especially scary. "Snakes don't bother me," he said.

Okay, so what idiot would have an 8-foot snake in his home? Stupid excuse for a pet. Snakes belong in the wild.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 249 • Replies: 6
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 06:38 pm
My son once owned about a hundred snakes, keeping them in his apartment. None measured 8 feet, however. I think snakes such as the one in the story can be useful when one has annoying visitors too often.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 06:55 pm
Perhaps BBB can use one to thwart anymore vandalism. :wink:
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 07:03 pm
Don't need a snake. Just get a glassed in cage with rattlesnake warnings on it. Make sure the glass is broken.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 07:12 pm
roger wrote:
Don't need a snake. Just get a glassed in cage with rattlesnake warnings on it. Make sure the glass is broken.

Excellent idea! I'll pass that on. :wink:
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 06:10 am
wouldn't the shock from the taser have traveled from the snake into the man?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 11:04 am
You would have thought that that risk would have existed.

Hmmm....
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Police Use Taser on Python to Free Man
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 02:34:51