what is your IQ?

rockpie

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 05:02 am
just curious as to what the range of IQs would be on this site. if you know yours then brag about it, if not then take the test. (sounds like pregnancy). i just took a test and my IQ is... 126.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,969 • Replies: 40
No top replies

material girl

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 05:16 am
Surprisingly mines below 100.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 05:18 am
Mmmm, I don't even know how to take the test!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 05:35 am
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 08:09 am
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 08:36 am
rockpie, I didn't take the test because I know how I fare on these things. It is quite important to understand what Binet was after when he first developed it. He simply wanted to separate the educable from the non educable. It was Stanford University that exploited the IQ test, and it is culturally biased.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 09:31 am
I tend to score 120-125 on these consistantly.

Not that I put much stock into them. I think that really smart people score low sometimes because they just aren't good test takers. And some not so smart people score high sometimes because they get lucky and are good guessers.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 12:07 pm
When I was a student, and took those sorts of tests, I was +3 standard deviations above the norm. Today, well, if I can walk and chew gum at the same time, I consider myself ahead of the game! Laughing
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2006 01:22 pm
In the past my scores on such tests ranged from very high to extremely high. I took one not all that long ago, and my score was just higher than average. IQ points are dropping out of my head like dandruff off a dry scalp. When I get to a minus score, I'll let you know.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 01:26 am
I am Karl Childers {Sling Blade}, I am Albert Einstein....I balance this daily, with great difficulty.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 06:44 pm
shocked the hell outta me...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 06:50 pm
Two
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 07:00 pm
I never knew my score in grammar school and in high school I left the test early to go get a soda with friends - skipping a page - a sure sign of some missing grey matter. When our class ratings came out, I was sixteenth in a class of ninety, when I'm sure I had second or third highest grades over four years. Thus, I must have really bombed the IQ test.

I took one of those online IQ tests when there was a long thread about them at a2k a few years ago, and don't remember my score. Nothing too low, and not way up there.

I've glad I hadn't ever known the number when I was young, and don't give a fig now.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 08:30 pm
ossobuco wrote:

I've glad I hadn't ever known the number when I was young, and don't give a fig now.

Osso, You're right about this. Knowing the number can be a problem, especially when you're young. Knowing my IQ may have helped me to rationalize laziness.

When I was in school, NYC had things called SP classes (special progress). Those students going into those classes would skip the eighth grade. The minimum IQ requirement for the class was 130. All students were tested, and all scores were made known. A terrible idea. We were the wrong age to know this kind of stuff. Pity the poor, stupid, moron jerk in the SP class who scored a pathetically marginal 130.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 10:31 pm
Roberta wrote:
Knowing my IQ may have helped me to rationalize laziness.

Truer words were never spoken. It's not what you got it's what you do with it that counts.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 10:32 pm
I am smart enough not to take an online IQ test.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 10:36 pm
Of course I'm right, except for the words, "I've glad..."
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2006 11:02 pm
Smart is as smart does....indeed.
0 Replies

Bawb

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 12:46 am
My brother's IQ is I think 161. He constantly tells me this.

One day, I'll hit him.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2006 08:55 am
Quote:
When I was in school, NYC had things called SP classes (special progress). Those students going into those classes would skip the eighth grade. The minimum IQ requirement for the class was 130. All students were tested, and all scores were made known. A terrible idea. We were the wrong age to know this kind of stuff. Pity the poor, stupid, moron jerk in the SP class who scored a pathetically marginal 130.

I was in one of those SP classes. In elementary school, I was one of the six "cockeyed geniuses" in my 6th grade graduating class. I had to travel out of my neighborhood to a Jr. High (7th-9th grade) to get to the SP class. All of a sudden, I was simply one more kid in a class full of "cockeyed geniuses". Of the six, I know definitely that two of the kids became doctors.

As a student who use to ace everything without doing much work, this was a rude awakening. I never really recovered from the experience, until I went back to college in my 30s.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » what is your IQ?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 11:10:14