A simple “I’m Sorry” works wonders

Noddy24

Reply Wed 29 Nov, 2006 04:29 pm
Linkat--

I agree. I'm a customer, not a pr type or a personal friend.
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 01:28 am
I value an "I'm sorry" too for the same reasons as you all mention.

What I find really strange is when friends or family say "You're my friend/family. You don't have to say sorry to me". That's precisely the reason I do - because I value friends and my family... I say sorry and thank you. And I like to hear an apology or thanks when I deserve it.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2006 07:24 am
sakhi wrote:
I value an "I'm sorry" too for the same reasons as you all mention.

What I find really strange is when friends or family say "You're my friend/family. You don't have to say sorry to me". That's precisely the reason I do - because I value friends and my family... I say sorry and thank you. And I like to hear an apology or thanks when I deserve it.

Too true - Funny how sometimes those that you care about the most - you can show the and tell them the least.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2006 07:10 am
I do not think a simple "I am sorry" is going to help me at all in about 1 1/2 hours when my husband wakes up and I have to tell him I wrecked our car last night. Sad
0 Replies

ginguh

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 12:17 am
I used to be one of those people who have a hard time saying "i'm sorry".
Don't want to admit you're wrong, even when you know you really are.

But now I've tried to humble myself, and I apologize when I am wrong, even if the other person is more wrong, and it's a great feeling. It makes my life easier, as well as the person you're apologizing to.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 05:34 pm
tryingtohelp wrote:
I do not think a simple "I am sorry" is going to help me at all in about 1 1/2 hours when my husband wakes up and I have to tell him I wrecked our car last night. Sad

Let's hope he's so thankful that you're safe that nothing else matters.

On the other hand, you can burst into tears and grovel - I find this normally works pretty well. :wink:
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 11:41 pm
Tarah wrote:
tryingtohelp wrote:

Let's hope he's so thankful that you're safe that nothing else matters.

On the other hand, you can burst into tears and grovel - I find this normally works pretty well. :wink:

Safe, never even asked. Tears, he has no sympathy for tears (makes things worse).

Thanks for the nice thoughts though.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2007 03:35 am
I received an apology from the irate customer I wrote about in this thread!!

How long has it been? Long, eh, since the incident happened. Very Happy

He'd been back plenty of times. Always super polite since last time. Well, he asked this last time for a few minutes of my time. And he goes into a rather lengthy apology.

I accepted. Gave him the apology he deserved as well. He seemed sincere.

It was cool! Felt really good.

Another point for humanity's decent side.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2007 09:07 am
flushd, it probably felt equally good for him too. What a happy ending. Very Happy
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2007 09:18 am
apologies
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/analysis/toons/1998/09/23/lang/lang.sorry.jpg
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 02:22:21