JPB

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 07:37 am
ruht roh.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 07:38 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
snood wrote:
What the hell would anyone need 8 remotes for? The universals are so much more sophisticated now.

Funny you should mention that. I just got a new hi-def TV, so I have the cable remote, which can be programmed to cover many periphals, the TV remote and the DVD remote. One of these days, I will program the cable remote, to cover everything, but I DO find that there are some features on the TV remote that is not on the cable box remote.

I understand. But eight?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 07:40 am
Who has eight?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 07:56 am
Not me.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 08:02 am
Snood wrote:
I understand. But eight?

In my living room, where we have the big TV, my husband has SIX remotes. I have no idea what each one does, nor do I want to know. I can turn on the TV there, period.

On the coffee table, I have a bowl with a hanging silk plant. I attempt to hide the remotes under the foliage. I have ask my husband, on numerous occasions, as to whether he needs all those remotes. So he"harrumphs" a bit, and that is the end of that!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 08:04 am
I have two for my main satellite/cable/TV setup, but one is all that is really needed as it has a DVD keypad underneath the main keypad, and all my stuff is Sony. If I ever get the home theater setup in place I'll have more.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 08:26 am
snood wrote:
What the hell would anyone need 8 remotes for? The universals are so much more sophisticated now.

3 that came with the 3 tvs
2 that came with the dvd players
1 for the dvr/satellite dish or cable box
1 for the stereo system
1 universal to take the place of all the other remotes that are now in a drawer but still in the house.

8 seems rather low, doesn't it?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 09:32 am
But they returned it! This shows they have some character. I have remotes for my DVD player, my TV, my CD player and one that I don't know what it's for. Maybe the coffee maker.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 09:51 am
I watch TV on a 1959 black and white Emerson. I don't need one of those fancy color TV's.

If I want to change the channel I get up and walk across the room.

harumph.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/GEARJAMMER742/EmersonTV01A.jpg
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 09:55 am
I remember that in the early sixties, my girlfriend had one of the first televisions that had a remote. I thought that it was one of the most idiotic contraptions that I had ever seen. I couldn't imagine what was the big deal about going up to the TV, and turning a dial!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 10:01 am
parados wrote:
snood wrote:

3 that came with the 3 tvs
2 that came with the dvd players
1 for the dvr/satellite dish or cable box
1 for the stereo system
1 universal to take the place of all the other remotes that are now in a drawer but still in the house.

8 seems rather low, doesn't it?

Well, I throw away the remotes I don't need. Just a quirk of mine, I guess.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 10:05 am
NickFun wrote:
But they returned it! This shows they have some character...

I doubt it. It probably just means they knew the jig was up and were afraid of being confronted.

I'd call their parents, too, cj. And ban them from ever coming in your house again.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 12:37 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I remember that in the early sixties, my girlfriend had one of the first televisions that had a remote. I thought that it was one of the most idiotic contraptions that I had ever seen. I couldn't imagine what was the big deal about going up to the TV, and turning a dial!

HA! When I was maybe 8 or something, we got a TV with a remote. It made these audible clicks when you changed the channels, and I don't think it worked the voume.

The thing was, if you turned off the TV with the remote, you had to use the remote to turn it back on.

That was the start of the oft heard phrase "Where's the REMOTE?"

If my parents were going out for the evening, and us kids were fighting, they would take the remote control with them, so we couldn't watch TV.

Now, was the f*cking brilliant or what? Now you've got 4 kids and a baby with nothing else to distract them from trying to kill each other.

each minute was an eon.....
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/11/2024 at 06:24:34